What's up with this new "vault tech"?

Recently I see more and more survivor doing this "tech" that consists of stunning with a pallet, vaulting it and running away behind the killer. Contrary on what you'd expect, rarely it is done to trigger Lithe.

It took me a bit by surprise the first time, but after that it just make it easier to hit them since I don't have to break the pallet or go around it. I really don't understand what it is supposed to do...

Comments

  • I mean, it’s called the “dumb tech” for a reason.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    I mean, it’s called the “dumb tech” for a reason.

    Lol I didn't know it was a thing, for some reason I'm seeing it used just recently. Yeah the name is very fitting.

  • Because YouTuber do this... :D

  • @White_Owl said:

    Recently I see more and more survivor doing this "tech" that consists of stunning with a pallet, vaulting it and running away behind the killer. Contrary on what you'd expect, rarely it is done to trigger Lithe.

    It took me a bit by surprise the first time, but after that it just make it easier to hit them since I don't have to break the pallet or go around it. I really don't understand what it is supposed to do...

    Its even better when you have enduring

  • Basically just gauges the killer's intelligence or knowledge. Many killers used to have no idea how to counter it but I think they're starting to catch on. It's called the "dumb tech", probably because it is actually pretty dumb and doesn't seem like it should ever work (yet it still does).

  • I did this one time against the ghost face while I was in exposed, and it somehow worked. I managed to get away and didn't even get knocked while I was still in exposed

  • @White_Owl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1591277#Comment_1591277

    Lol I didn't know it was a thing, for some reason I'm seeing it used just recently. Yeah the name is very fitting.

    Yeah I think it was popularised by Ayrun. It’s a good way to gauge a killer’s reactions and how they respond to unconventional plays I guess, I don’t really use it myself but I’ve had it used against me and it always makes me laugh.

  • It throws off a lot of killers. It had actually always thrown me off until I saw a Twitch streamer do it and I finally realized what had been happening to me...

    Now that I know what they actually did, I can pretty reliably get the easy down just doing a quick 180 and lunging

  • And when this bs "tech" don't work, you're looking like a total idiot.

  • its called the dumb tech, bc if it actually fools the killer, the killer is dumb.

    if the survivor dies, the survivor looks dumb. :)