I am gonna prove that spirit is op

I see a lot of people saying that spirit isnt op and that need ability and i am gonna to prove that its ez to play and its op

I am an Rank 20 killer because i preffer to play as survival, and i had buyed spirit a week ago and had played like 3 matches

I never play as killer because i prefear to play with my friends

So if you guys dont wanna to see that spirit is op i am gonna to do a challange to my self

i will play as killer for like and week with spirit and i am gonna see what rank can i get in ONE WEEK

i am gonna to take print of every match that i played and show the results of all the matches in another tread in the future

Rules that i put

If survival DC it isnt gonna count

I cant use moris

I will play 4 matches per day

And that it

After a week i will show the results

note: i will not gonna cheat you if you think that i cheat you will be abble to see the rank and the bloodpoints always (:

If you wanna try this challange be free to say the result here in comments just dont lie (:


Edit: i see a lot of people saying that its ez to go against rank 20 and because of that this is not gonna prove anithing, so i am just going to count the matches that the majority of survival is purple and red ranks and after i am gonna say how much red and purple ranks do i pick

Comments

  • Sorry OP but this little "experiment" of yours proves absolutely nothing. In the realm of meta analysis that would tell you if an outcome was more expected or not your whole experiment would amount to one data point. Without any adequate control to base your findings around.

    Your experience would be conjecture applicable to yourself alone. For example. When I first started I leveled LF first to unlock BBQ and chilli. Leveling him to 50 in roughly 2 weeks given how much I play and I went to purple ranks in that time. So therefore going from 20 to level 6 in two weeks of play means what, over powered, under powered, fair play, scummy play? It is completely subjective.

    I did a lot poorer with hillbilly as I find his mechanic clunky, so by that analysis hillbilly is weaker than pre-change LF. Completely subjective.

    You want to track win/loss ratio across all your killers for a period of several months tracking opponent rank, score, escapes, kills, time of day, survivor items and perks, and any other relevant factors that may influence outcome and you will get some insight into how well you preform with each killer. For experimental balance you would need to run the same perks and no addons for each killer making the only real variance their differing powers. It would be more robust if all survivors ran the same perks but that is out of your control.

    Again this would only give you your performance with each killer. If we combined a set of data from a large base of players with the same controls we could then pick patterns and look at trends which might identify predictable outcomes based on killers and then we could say this may be overpowered. I'm sure Behaviour already collect this win/loss data, they are running the servers.

    I'm a scientist, I do this ######### for a living on massive data sets across many months, it pisses me off no end when people confuse opinion for data.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    I stopped reading after "I am rank 20 killer"

    1) You only play one side so I don't trust your word

    2) Every killer is OP against baby survivors (yellow and green ranks)

    3) Play against purple or red rank SWF teams and then come back and tell me if spirit is OP

    4) Git Gud

    Right? It literally the holds the same weight as..."im gonna prove clown or legion is OP" then proceed to 4k a few times or reach red ranks. Like this is a very weak way to prove an arguement.

    There are ways to prove or argue something about spirit. But this isnt it.

  • The test you've designed isn't particularly useful, and not the least because newb stomp killers like Doctor (panicked newbs at his illusions), Legion (newbs running away after hit with frenzy when its impossible to be downed), Hag (newbs freaking out at every sight of the mud puppet even when hag is over 40m away), and Spirit (newbs thinking phase is as good as teleport) makes any measure below rank 10 irrelevant.

    Rank up to 10 then do this 1 week test then okay, maaaaybe you can provide some useful data, but based on your rules you'd have only 28 trials with lots of matches thrown out, that's not exactly statistically significant to produce any reliable data. Statistical significance requires 100 trials but 50 may do for an informal test. 28 with thrown out trials is just way too few.


    Also, ranking up is a lot harder as killer. Assuming you win every match, 28 only nets you 28 pips unless you get Merciless. Let's say 1/4 of your matches you manage Merciless (i'm being generous here), that's still 35 pips. It takes 14 pips from rank 20 to rank 16, 16 pips from rank 16 to rank 12, and the remainder 5 pips gets you to rank 11.


    If you do this test starting at rank 10 as I recommended, 35 pips could get you to rank 3, but let's face it, you're not winning every match at those ranks, much less getting merciless.

  • @Breque said:

    I see a lot of people saying that spirit isnt op and that need ability and i am gonna to prove that its ez to play and its op

    I am an Rank 20 killer because i preffer to play as survival, and i had buyed spirit a week ago and had played like 3 matches

    I never play as killer because i prefear to play with my friends

    So if you guys dont wanna to see that spirit is op i am gonna to do a challange to my self

    i will play as killer for like and week with spirit and i am gonna see what rank can i get in ONE WEEK

    i am gonna to take print of every match that i played and show the results of all the matches in another tread in the future

    Rules that i put

    If survival DC it isnt gonna count

    I cant use moris

    I will play 4 matches per day

    And that it

    After a week i will show the results

    note: i will not gonna cheat you if you think that i cheat you will be abble to see the rank and the bloodpoints always (:

    If you wanna try this challange be free to say the result here in comments just dont lie (:

    So what do you want to prove? That even someone who has not played killer a lot can win most of his games with Spirit? Not gonna happen. Give me 3 decent survivors i can play with, open a KYF lobby and i prove you that you can also loose with Spirit.

    Said that, I think that it is possible to win every game with Spirit and i am positiv she is overpowered in the right hands, but you need experience with her to perform really well.

    And before i forget. Last but not least, playing a few games does not mean anything. Reach rank 1, play 1000 games with Spirit. If you win 900 come back and tell us more about it.

  • The best way to have done this experiment is u get some 1 else to play until rank1 killer than play spirit. Then check how well you do.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    I stopped reading after "I am rank 20 killer"

    1) You only play one side so I don't trust your word

    2) Every killer is OP against baby survivors (yellow and green ranks)

    3) Play against purple or red rank SWF teams and then come back and tell me if spirit is OP

    4) Git Gud

    I agree with Rin_is_my_waifu. Spirit is fine /s

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187394/i-am-gonna-prove-that-spirit-is-op

    So what do you want to prove? That even someone who has not played killer a lot can win most of his games with Spirit? Not gonna happen. Give me 3 decent survivors i can play with, open a KYF lobby and i prove you that you can also loose with Spirit.

    Said that, I think that it is possible to win every game with Spirit and i am positiv she is overpowered in the right hands, but you need experience with her to perform really well.

    And before i forget. Last but not least, playing a few games does not mean anything. Reach rank 1, play 1000 games with Spirit. If you win 900 come back and tell us more about it.

    OK add me my name is breque and my photo is the obama

  • Literally proves nothing dude

1 2 ›