minimum internet connection
A minimum connection requirement to cut out some of the teleporting players, non-stuns and hits from across the map
many people would disagree with 150 ping being good but going against people with 500+ping is unbearable so setting a cap on whats acceptable would be helpful
(and for those who complain that their internet isnt good enough for that.... why are you playing online games then? you cause suffering for your team your opponents AND yourself)
Comments
But.. but.. then people can't VPN from china to America.. that isn't fair!
Not everyone is on a 500/100 mbit/s fiber internet.
That doesn't determine ping.
Distance plays a part of it, sure, but I know that there's a big difference playing with my own fiber internet and McDonalds free wifi.
I live in a forest with bs connection and still average 90 ping
my computer shouldnt have to communicate with the damn moon to play this game
Ping tends to vary. When I play on my normal network (which I've had to quit doing, DBD drops connection way too often with it. I'm trying to change my internet company, even though it's literally going to cost me a fortune to do it) my ping in lobby will be like... 70. Then suddenly it drops to like 200-500. I've run into players who've had really bad ping, then suddenly decent ping. And they aren't cheating, because I down them and hooked them very easily.
On my Hotspot internet (which is limited, and the only way I can play DBD for the next couple of months) my ping is more stable. But even then I still get put in lobbies with yellow ping once in a while. But those games tend to still be mostly playable.