Killer pairings - Serious question for Devs

Is there anything about the way a survivor is paired with a killer in the lobby could have somehow created a glitch causing a significantly higher probability of a specific player to go up against a certain killer after crossplay was implemented?

From the moment crossplay was implemented I see Doc repeatedly. I've kept record of the games I have played over the last 2 weeks. In 135 matches I have went against a doc in 71 of them. That's over half my matches in that time frame. There are times I go several games in a row against a doc.

I would also be curious if anyone else is experiencing anything similar, even if it's a different killer they are seeing. It just seems way more than coincidence that I am getting paired against docs so much since crossplay when I hardly saw one before it started.

I expect to see a lot of a new killer for a couple of weeks after release, but this isn't a new killer and I'm seeing doc more than I see new killers right after release.

Comments

  • @WheresTheGate said:

    Is there anything about the way a survivor is paired with a killer in the lobby could have somehow created a glitch causing a significantly higher probability of a specific player to go up against a certain killer after crossplay was implemented?

    From the moment crossplay was implemented I see Doc repeatedly. I've kept record of the games I have played over the last 2 weeks. In 135 matches I have went against a doc in 71 of them. That's over half my matches in that time frame. There are times I go several games in a row against a doc.

    I would also be curious if anyone else is experiencing anything similar, even if it's a different killer they are seeing. It just seems way more than coincidence that I am getting paired against docs so much since crossplay when I hardly saw one before it started.

    I expect to see a lot of a new killer for a couple of weeks after release, but this isn't a new killer and I'm seeing doc more than I see new killers right after release.

    if your console its because pc docs have been used way more then consol ones

  • @redsopine00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187257/killer-pairings-serious-question-for-devs

    if your console its because pc docs have been used way more then consol ones

    I am console. I mentioned this a few days after crossplay started and several pc players told me doc isn't used all that often there either. If he's used way more on PC that makes a little more sense.

  • @WheresTheGate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584565#Comment_1584565

    I am console. I mentioned this a few days after crossplay started and several pc players told me doc isn't used all that often there either. If he's used way more on PC that makes a little more sense.

    well pc players can vope with his power use not console but if they turned mmr back on you might get more docs as your better at them jisr run calm for a while till it eases off

  • @redsopine00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584572#Comment_1584572

    well pc players can vope with his power use not console but if they turned mmr back on you might get more docs as your better at them jisr run calm for a while till it eases off

    I hate running a perk that's only good against one killer because it's a waste of a perk slot if you aren't going against that killer,but recently it's helped more that it's hurt so I've been using it.

  • @WheresTheGate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584577#Comment_1584577

    I hate running a perk that's only good against one killer because it's a waste of a perk slot if you aren't going against that killer,but recently it's helped more that it's hurt so I've been using it.

    ot also counters IF onis scream addons clown gas will counter the new killers gen perk

  • Roughly the last 48 Killers I faced

    Wraith

    Myers

    Freddy

    Ghostface

    Huntress

    Huntress

    Doctor

    Legion

    Doctor

    Ghostface

    Deathslinger

    Pyramid Head

    Leatherface

    Pyramid Head

    Wraith

    Pyramid Head

    Freddy

    Freddy

    Billy

    Pyramid Head

    Trapper

    Spirit

    Doctor

    Pig

    Myers

    Deathslinger

    Ghostface

    Wraith

    Leatherface

    Hag

    Huntress

    Leatherface

    Trapper

    Huntress

    Oni

    Pyramid Head

    Doctor

    Freddy

    Oni

    Pig

    Leatherface

    Hag

    Plague

    Deathslinger

    Nurse

    Freddy

    Demogorgon

    Billy

  • @KingFrost said:

    Roughly the last 48 Killers I faced

    Wraith

    Myers

    Freddy

    Ghostface

    Huntress

    Huntress

    Doctor

    Legion

    Doctor

    Ghostface

    Deathslinger

    Pyramid Head

    Leatherface

    Pyramid Head

    Wraith

    Pyramid Head

    Freddy

    Freddy

    Billy

    Pyramid Head

    Trapper

    Spirit

    Doctor

    Pig

    Myers

    Deathslinger

    Ghostface

    Wraith

    Leatherface

    Hag

    Huntress

    Leatherface

    Trapper

    Huntress

    Oni

    Pyramid Head

    Doctor

    Freddy

    Oni

    Pig

    Leatherface

    Hag

    Plague

    Deathslinger

    Nurse

    Freddy

    Demogorgon

    Billy

    That's what I mean. You have seen doc 4 times in 48 games. In 48 games I see him about 25 times. My chances of getting doc are way way way higher than they should be.

  • @WheresTheGate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584611#Comment_1584611

    That's what I mean. You have seen doc 4 times in 48 games. In 48 games I see him about 25 times. My chances of getting doc are way way way higher than they should be.

    Start running Calm Spirit. You'll almost never see a Doc. Lol

  • My last 107 Games as Rank 1-2 Survivor with over 1000 hours (I play about half the killer roster as well if I'm on the killer side) - it's very subjective by person for sure as I see a lot more variance if I duo queue with a buddy of mine who is also red ranks

    Ghost Face: 13

    Nightmare: 12

    Cannibal: 10

    Executioner: 10

    Legion: 9

    Oni: 8

    Wraith: 6

    Shape: 6

    Spirit: 5

    Deathslinger: 5

    Plague: 4

    Hillbilly: 4

    Huntress: 3

    Doctor: 4

    Pig: 3

    Clown: 2

    Nurse: 1

    Hag: 2

    Trapper: 1

    Demogorgon: 1

  • With doc right now it might be because there are a 'make 45 survivors scream' and 'kill all survivors in a match' challenges on the tome, which are fairly quickly done with doc.

  • @ZCerebrate said:

    My last 107 Games as Rank 1-2 Survivor with over 1000 hours (I play about half the killer roster as well if I'm on the killer side) - it's very subjective by person for sure as I see a lot more variance if I duo queue with a buddy of mine who is also red ranks

    Ghost Face: 13

    Nightmare: 12

    Cannibal: 10

    Executioner: 10

    Legion: 9

    Oni: 8

    Wraith: 6

    Shape: 6

    Spirit: 5

    Deathslinger: 5

    Plague: 4

    Hillbilly: 4

    Huntress: 3

    Doctor: 4

    Pig: 3

    Clown: 2

    Nurse: 1

    Hag: 2

    Trapper: 1

    Demogorgon: 1

    That's why I am so confused. Your percentage of seeing a doc is less than 4. Mine is over 50. That's a 1200% difference. It's hard to believe it's mere coincidence. I'll also note as expected there hasn't been a dev or even a mod comment despite specifically asking for such. I mean expect them basically to say it's strange and they don't know why it's happening, but the lack of response makes me wonder.

  • @redsopine00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584593#Comment_1584593

    ot also counters IF onis scream addons clown gas will counter the new killers gen perk

    I didn't even think about those things. Of course I don't know if I've even played against an Oni or clown in the last month.

  • @WheresTheGate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584600#Comment_1584600

    I didn't even think about those things. Of course I don't know if I've even played against an Oni or clown in the last month.

    It's resist the urge to scream sooooo lol all screaming is negated by it plus hard to track without birds giving you away