how useful is distressing

Just curious I use it but how useful is it
Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • It's only useful for farming and builds that care about your terror radius(Doctor, Unnerving Presence, Coulrophobia). It can trick noobs into thinking you are closer than you really are, also.
  • @Tzeentchling9 summed it up perfectly. If your looking to farm deviousness (not a hard thing to do even without distressing) then its great for that however as a standalone perk its pretty useless and may actually work against you. It only really works well on builds that are centered around the terror radius. Doctor being the one killer that benefits the most from it since he can have an almost map wide terror radius with the right addons.

  • Try it on doctor. It's a must have.

  • Thanks guys any perks that give a smaller one besides insidious
  • Distressing is useful for having massive terror radius builds, for Doctor's Treatment Mode, and for synergy with other Terror Radius perks.
    The default 32 meter Terror Radius (the size a majority of Killers have) will become just around 40 meters with Distressing on. The 24 meter Terror Radius that a few other Killers have (Huntress, Hag) will become roughly 30 meters.
    Distressing also doubles the amount of Deviousness points you get in the trial - note, it does not increase the points you can gain or get after the trial, but how many you get per Deviousness score event.
    Having a larger Terror Radius allows for Unnerving Presence, Overwhelming Presence, Coulrophobia, and Doctor's Static Field (Terror Radius in Treatment Mode) to affect Survivors from a longer distance.
    It's a good perk for both Terror Radius builds and for farming. Both of which are extremely effective for Doctor.

  • Thanks guys any perks that give a smaller one besides insidious
    Monitor & Abuse decreases it by up to 8 meters while you're not in a chase, increases it by the same amount while you are in a chase.
  • Esheon said:
    Thanks guys any perks that give a smaller one besides insidious
    Monitor & Abuse decreases it by up to 8 meters while you're not in a chase, increases it by the same amount while you are in a chase.
    Thanks so that means if I use it and get a good angle I can hatchet survivors without them bolting right away
  • Esheon said:
    Thanks guys any perks that give a smaller one besides insidious
    Monitor & Abuse decreases it by up to 8 meters while you're not in a chase, increases it by the same amount while you are in a chase.
    Thanks so that means if I use it and get a good angle I can hatchet survivors without them bolting right away
    Remember that M&A only effects the Terror Radius and not Huntress Humming, which is also directional. It is unlikely it will help with sneaking up on Survivors with Huntress.
  • I know but can make it easier to get closer lol also since people keep answering how do I get ruin and devour hope
  • I know but can make it easier to get closer lol also since people keep answering how do I get ruin and devour hope
    Those are hags teachable perks
  • I know but can make it easier to get closer lol also since people keep answering how do I get ruin and devour hope
    Those are hags teachable perks
    Thanks so hope they show in shrine or wait till seson reset so I dint get my butt handed to me for em lol
  • Aside from using Distressing with perk builds it is also just a god perk to have on smaller maps as it helps confuse survivors with pin-pointing your exact location (unless they have line of sight).

    I know I've managed to sneak up on people while using Distressing because they are not sure of how close or far I actually am.

  • I only use it for extra BP on my doc farming build tbh

  • Distressing, sloppy butcher, unnerving presence and coulrophobia are a pretty good mix for a doctor.

  • Alone? Not great unless you just want bloodpoints. Combine it with Caulrophobia or Unnerving Presence and it's pretty nasty though. Wouldn't recommend it on sub-32m terror radius killers though.
  • Good on Doctor, EW3 Myers with terror radius increase add-ons and perks, and builds with Coulrophobia, Unnerving Presence, or Overwhelming Presence.

    It's ok on other Killers with a 32 meter terror radius unless you're a BP farmer. It's not good on Killers with a terror radius of smaller than 32 meters though.

  • Distressing is underrated.

    It can make a person go off a gen for a short time...

    on Doctor it is a must, and paired with unnerving presence it can be good as well.