What need a counterplay the DS or the DS ?

Do you think Decisive Strike or Deathslinger need a counter play ?

Comments

  • They both have counter play, the problem is they don't have fun counter play. Slug with Decisive and unless they have unbreakable they're wasting time. Death Slinger has cover but not much else, and I find mind games more fun than a wall.

  • You can easily ignore Decisive Strike and countering Deathslinger is about basically denying him a chase.

  • Technically they both have counter play, people just want more counter play I guess. Personally idc about either of them, make DS deactivate when a survivor even comes close to a gen or hook for all I care. Make Deathslinger wind up slightly slower to allow survivors to react fine by me. I just think it's funny how much people fight about all this.

  • DS (the perk) already has counterplay, especially if you're a little camping tunneler LOL

    I don't play killer much, but my boyfriend does, and he has no issue eating the DS if he has the chance to and walking away to look for someone else/check on objectives after he is stunned for a few seconds. Getting it out of the way early in the game makes it easier in the late or end game. Nobody hits him with DS in the EGC, that's for sure.

    The way a huge number of killers play this game makes DS a virtually must-have perk, especially in solo queue. I get that there's "abuse" of DS but nobody is forcing you to grab or pick them up. The counterplay is the same and you know what? I'm personally ok with killers getting the short end of the stick every now and then. It's not like survivors don't constantly get screwed over by things out of their control (that again especially goes for solo queue players). I currently do not have DS because I'm playing PC after unlocking every perk on my switch account, and boy... cross platform progression cant come fast enough LOL. Some days I go multiple games in a row with getting tunneled through no fault of my own, and without DS I'm completely at the mercy of my random teammates.


    As for DS (the killer) I McFreaking hate running him or going against him (I suck at controlling my camera or even looking behind myself while running at this point of being new to KBM) but I think all he would need to make him more fair in chases would be to make it a little more difficult to quick scope. Or if the devs want him to stay oppressive in chases the way he currently is, then perhaps change his terror radius or something? People love to say that his counterplay is to not be found as easily and avoid chases with him, and that's totally ok to force a different playstyle than what might be preferred every now and then, but every DS and his momma equips M&A so he pulls up as secretly as a stalker killer. Except, he can shoot you quicker than any of the stalker killers can expose you, and a good Deathslinger ends a chase fast. Going against an M&A DS on Backwater Swamp is one of my least favorite things LOL, that man is virtually undetectable AND invisible until he already has the spear gun through your heart 😭

  • Deathslinger's counterplay is similar to Huntress. Not a problem there.

    The issue people have with Deathslinger is that he has virtually no windup time for bringing his gun up, and isn't punished by having it up for a second to force the survivor to run sideways, allowing him to cover distance for free essentially.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    You can easily ignore Decisive Strike and countering Deathslinger is about basically denying him a chase.

    so just let the survivor do gen for 120 seconds?

  • Are we really going to do this? You know my answer.