Giving up?

Killers if you see a survivor who has lost their will to continue the game do you mercy kill them? do you leave them be? how do you react to a survivor that doesnt want to survive?

likewise for survivors, how do you react to a killer that doesnt want to "live on this planet anymore"? do you get it over with? pity hit/hook?

Additionally for what reasons do you all give up? I know when Im playing killer and I get DESTROYED I kinda just start memeing to keep me in the game where as a survivor Id just walk around looking up until killed or left alone. all depends on the game Im in.

Comments

  • I get really pissed when I’m a survivor that’s clearly over it, and just want to go to a different game, only to have the killer either slug me and not hook me, or ignore me entirely.

    Its very frustrating. Just hook me and get it over with.

  • Most of the time if I let someone escape, it's because I had fun this match and i'm in a good mood. But if someone just don't resist anymore or not playing seriously, I may ignore him. If you don't want to play - I don't play with you. If you meming around - I'm ok about it, enjoy yourself. I can also kill someone who lost his will if he start to piss me off.

  • I slug the survivor who gave up and look at the end game chat just to see him rage after me

  • Either kill out of mercy, or let’em farm.

    The latter being if there’s 2-3 disconnects at the near start of the game.

  • Usually when I give up as killer I either wait for them to power the gates to open them and have them leave, or I will just go after one person, if I kill them, maybe the game is not over or maybe I just get the one kill. If I don't, it doesn't matter, I was gonna lose anyways.

    If a survivor gives up after something unfair done by a teammate I leave them be, so long as I'm in a decent position in the match.

    I kinda wish killers could force open the gates after like 3 gens or something...survivors should get extra points for the escape and the killer can just move on. Sometimes you're just not in the mood to put in all the effort necessary to come back from 3 gens popping quick...

  • Well, if the killer doent want to, i get gens done as fast as possible and get out. No need to taunt the killer or be otherwise rude.

    As survivor, i might be one that wants to die, but thats usually because of the other survivors. No matter if the killer camps or whatever, i try to buy my team as much time as i can. But there are just survivors i don´t want to play with because they are toxic even to other surivors, and then i get out.

  • @batax90 said:

    I slug the survivor who gave up and look at the end game chat just to see him rage after me

    This is a very crappy thing to do. You’re holding them hostage. They simply want to get into a new game because they’re sick to death of whatever is happening in the current game.

  • When I give up, I don't wiggle.

    If the Killer slugs me, I disconnect and take a break.

    Simple as that.

    @batax90 said:

    I slug the survivor who gave up and look at the end game chat just to see him rage after me


    Screen_Shot_2020-06-30_at_11.31.33_AM.jpg


  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577692#Comment_1577692

    This is a very crappy thing to do. You’re holding them hostage. They simply want to get into a new game because they’re sick to death of whatever is happening in the current game.

    The game is not held hostage the slug is dying and i continue to run after the other survivor so i can kill all of them and if the slug is the last one and i still refuse to hook him the game is still progressing.

    If you still think this is holding the game hostage then every time a survivor t bag at the exit gate or on the hatch then the are holding the game hostage too and this happen more often at least for me

  • As a survivor I tend to keep doing objectives - if the killer wants to slug me then watch me slowly bleed out on the floor while the only other guy slowly bleeds out on hook then I turn on a youtube video but generally speaking I don't give up doing gens, rescuing or other objectives to escape until I'm dead because bloodpoints are bloodpoints in the end (I burned at the very least a yellow offering)

    As a Killer I tend to keep chasing people around because I never really believed that getting 4Ks was the END ALL as a killer to win. I basically treat each chase as a little mini battle and see if I can win without having to resort to Bloodlust III'ing them (though I guess in theory that would be my giving up if they're too damn good). You'll be surprised how often you get a reverse sweep 3~4Kill from what looks like a hopeless situation from a series of mistakes.


    Now when the opponents give up...

    As a survivor - I just finish the generators and leave because - onto the next game. Give me as many BP as possible but don't really care either way if the Killer gives up then it's just boring for me too.

    As a killer - I just slap him and if he lays there like he is afk I leave him there - if he starts helicoptering at me or was pointing as he got slapped then I'll just hook him because he clearly wants to leave or maybe something came up (Timmy's mom's yelling for him to get the groceries right now etc.) it's just a game just keep it moving... I've never really been a sadist who wanted to keep gamers hostage because some fragile insecurities (cough - not outing some people who do that #########)

  • @batax90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577794#Comment_1577794

    The game is not held hostage the slug is dying and i continue to run after the other survivor so i can kill all of them and if the slug is the last one and i still refuse to hook him the game is still progressing.

    If you still think this is holding the game hostage then every time a survivor t bag at the exit gate or on the hatch then the are holding the game hostage too and this happen more often at least for me

    I’m not talking about holding the game hostage by definition of the game.

    I’m talking about YOU PERSONALLY holding that INDIVIDUAL PLAYER hostage.

    They’re over it, and just want to get into a fresh game. So they’re giving you free points and a free hook, you know... the very thing you’re meant to be doing as killer? Hook survivors!!!

    But instead you decide to be nasty by prolonging that player remaining in the match for no real good reason other than to be nasty.

    Why make them wait?

    For what purpose other than to be awful?

  • @batax90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577794#Comment_1577794

    The game is not held hostage the slug is dying and i continue to run after the other survivor so i can kill all of them and if the slug is the last one and i still refuse to hook him the game is still progressing.

    If you still think this is holding the game hostage then every time a survivor t bag at the exit gate or on the hatch then the are holding the game hostage too and this happen more often at least for me

    I disagree.

    I think it's a good time to call on that one guy who always talks about "whataboutism" because I think this is a good example for that.

    Just chase the Survivors out who t-bag at the exit. It's not that big of a deal, unless you're lazy, mad or easily offended.

    As a Killer, you are still holding the game hostage because you are the higher, more powerful being in the match. You can choose whether to kill dying Survivors or not, and it takes much more time for a Survivor to bleed out than to simply chasing them out the exit.

    Smh.

  • @Godot The devs have confirmed that its not holding the game hostage

    disagree all you want be we've gotten a public statement on this

    I do agree that its a dick move but the game is still progressing and as such not held hostage and as such not reportable in any way shape or form

  • @Soulslayer618 said:

    @Godot The devs have confirmed that its not holding the game hostage

    disagree all you want be we've gotten a public statement on this

    I do agree that its a dick move but the game is still progressing and as such not held hostage and as such not reportable in any way shape or form

    I never said it's officially holding the game hostage.

    It's quite the dick move, is what I'm getting at.

    It just shows that you either have a bad temper or a very toxic attitude, if you do this to the last Survivor, at least.