What am I doing wrong with dropping pallets?
People talk about pallets like they are the greatest thing in the world. Then when playing killer myself I sure see that come into play a lot. However, when I am attemtpting to use them to stun a killer or save myself from the hit last second. There is an overwhelming chance I will take the hit and or get downed.
Sometimes to the point where a killer somehow got through to my side of the pallet before dropping it. I always felt like if it was my internet I would see this happen to survivors who play me. But no, I have encountered survivors who can drop pallet after pallet on me with perfect results for them.
Comments
Chances are, it is your connection to the killer. However, it's mainly just a matter of timing; you have to throw it down not when they're in the middle, but when they're a little bit before, else when you stun them they'll also get a hit on you. If they're lunging, I mean.
The pallet timing is a bit killer-sided now.
You have to throw the pallet down a bit sooner.
killer can hit you through the pallet before it is dropped => drop it earlier next time
...
I'm kinda dreading the next patch as a lot of m1 killers who already struggled with the pallet game are likely to lose a lot of hits. This may mean a resurgence of the sames killers every games which is not healthy for the survivor experience. However I will concede its nice to see the dev's close off some of the more obnoxious loops. So I'll have to wait to see what the game will be like.
When you insert witty meme without reading the post. LOL you think im one of those master map knowledge pallet loopers who simply know how to keep resetting distance between the killer? I can't even use the pallets effectively. Playing against those people made me realize how screwed the balance of the game overall can be. I feel like enough knowledge from survivors can simply be enough to ALWAYS over come the killer no matter how they play.
I don't rely on pallets. I seem to have an entirely different experience with pallets than most survivors. They don't seem to be the live saver for me that they are for other people and even the survivors I play against.
Survivor regular pallet drop. Killer is approx 6-7ft away and killer lands hit on me when pallet drops. Like I said earlier sometimes managing to go through to my side of the pallet. Strangely enough that almost NEVER Happens to me as killer when I hit the survivor through the pallet.
Killer regular pallet drop. I am juuuust closing in for that hit and BOOM pallet smacks me I don't land the hit and survivor flies off. Never added up to me.
If pallets only get you hit then I recommend that you avoid using them overall. You can only have 4 perks so if looping is punishing you then I recommend you double down on stealth perks. After all you can't get hit if there's no chase.
We all know it's a latency problem, and no one should use that to their advantage.
I've found a pretty good work around the current way the pallet works. When running away from a pallet, there's still somewhat of a suction feature that when letting go of shift and dropping pulls you back to drop it. You look like you're booking it at first, but will drop it as soon as they go through it. It takes some practice, but it's worked wonders for me so far. Just don't run too far away from the prompt!
Always make sure to be careful, though. Timing is everything, and the slightest delay can cause you to get smacked during the animation.
This isn't 2011, pal.
That meme is beyond irrelevant.
So why dont you just add dedicated servers to the game and solve all our problems?