Enough with the luck based challenges

I've played 10 matches trying to complete the challenge where you need to escape as the obsession. Not once have I been the obsession and even though I've brought DS to increase my chances, not once have I gotten to use the ######### perk.

This is not fun and it is not challenging. Enough.

Comments

  • If you have mettle of man, sole survivor or object of obsession, they will make you much more likely to be the obsession. DS won't, it'll just make someone the obsession.

    For the people will also make you the obsession and it's less hassle to use than trying to force a killer to get DS'd (which might make them just want to delete you from the game afterwards if you're jumping in lockers etc)

  • I feel like the challenge should be changed to:

    Escape as the obsession or be alive in a trail while the obsession escapes.

    So if everyone leaves(and people who have the challenge and are the obsession are encouraged too) then everyone with the challenge should get it completed.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    If you have mettle of man, sole survivor or object of obsession, they will make you much more likely to be the obsession. DS won't, it'll just make someone the obsession.

    For the people will also make you the obsession and it's less hassle to use than trying to force a killer to get DS'd (which might make them just want to delete you from the game afterwards if you're jumping in lockers etc)

    I didn't know obsession perks stacked like that. Thanks

    @Warcrafter4 said:

    I feel like the challenge should be changed to:

    Escape as the obsession or be alive in a trail while the obsession escapes.

    So if everyone leaves(and people who have the challenge and are the obsession are encouraged too) then everyone with the challenge should get it completed.

    That's a great idea

  • I gave up on the challenge BTW. It was completely wasting time when I could have been making progress on other ones

  • Since someone mentioned it in another Thread: For the People is also an option. Would also work right at the Exit Gate so that you can heal someone with it and escape right away.

    Personally, I did it with Object of Obsession, got it in my second Try.

  • Be aware that it is still not guaranteed. I tried playing with 4 obsession perks and still had to try a few matches.

  • Unless you are me! 9 out of 10. I'm the Obession and I dont run perks that increase it 🤦‍♂️

  • @White_Owl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576718#Comment_1576718

    Be aware that it is still not guaranteed. I tried playing with 4 obsession perks and still had to try a few matches.

    I don't think the 'true' obsession perks stack your chances any more using 2 instead of 1 but I think it's pretty much guaranteed using just one if no other survivor is running one of them. I run mettle of man a lot and I'm always the obsession with it on.

    Maybe @Peanits or someone knows how much the chances increase.

  • I got it on my first try with For The People. I helped heal right away than healed myself with medkit when I was allowed. It was fun.

  • @Buttercake said:

    I got it on my first try with For The People. I helped heal right away than healed myself with medkit when I was allowed. It was fun.

    Well aren't you just the bees freaking knees!