I want to know something, and It's not for tunneling purposes I promise
Sometimes, survivors are dumb enough to unhook their teammates as soon as I turn my back on the hooked survivor. What I normally do then, is quickly down the unhooked and start a chase with the unhooker (in terms scoring performance that's the best you can do, and you avoid being a dick).
Today, as I'm naturally a perfectionist person, I asked myself a question: What are the exact timings between unhooking stages?
I'll clarify this point.
To my knowledge, when a survivor starts an unhooking animation, there are 2 stages:
- The first one: if you hit the unhooker, you can stop them from unhooking. You deal damage and you can even down them.
- The second one: if they reach this stage, both the unhooker and the hooked are locked on animation, and you can't stop it. You can, however, hit the unhooker so if you were to down them, when the animation is finished, they are going to be downed. During this stage, if you hit the hooked survivor, you'll deal no damage.
My first question is: what are the exact timings of both stages?
So, moving on to my next doubt; I know that when the unhooking animation ends, there's like a small "grace period" for the unhooked survivor when they touch the floor with their feet, and they are invincible during that time. I don't know if this "grace period" is part of the unhooking animation stage 2, or is another stage, but for me it's another stage (correct me if I'm wrong tho).
So my second and last question is: what is the exact timing of this "grace period", therefore I can time it almost perfectly and get the hit?
I actually was curious about all these timings a long time ago, but now I managed to remember and I created this post. I can be wrong regarding the breaking down of the "stages" of unhooking, but that's just how I understand the process. Feel free to make any corrections.
See you in the fog.
Comments
As far as i know:
First stage, unhookers interaction bar is still filling up and you interrupt them by hitting them, making them loose the progress. (grabs are possible) (clowns bottles and docs shocks cancel the animation.)
Second stage, the bar is full, unhooking is inevatable.
3rd stage, unhooked guy in invincible until he can move again. (Feet touch the ground, animation ends.)
The timing is feeling for me so i dont have numbers. But if you hit the timing just right you get both survivors hit with Pyramid Heads range attack for example.
you wait until they have movement for about 0.5second, if before you hit during I-frames
I just trade out the hooked one for the unhooker. Gives me more time to go back to defending generators and NOT punish someone for the mistake of another.
I'm pretty sure that the I-frames are a part of the 2nd stage as you describe.