When you get a badge for 'posting good content' but LOL reactions replaced 'Vote Down'

Bring back Vote Down.

Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • With how this community is so split I don;t think vote down needs to be brought back.
    Also why do you need to push such a negative idea back to the forums. There is no reason to add toxicity in the form of a button press. If you don't agree with a post ignore it and move on.

  • @MegaWaffle said:
    With how this community is so split I don;t think vote down needs to be brought back.
    Also why do you need to push such a negative idea back to the forums. There is no reason to add toxicity in the form of a button press. If you don't agree with a post ignore it and move on.

    I was trying to think of a polite response to this but you pretty much summed it up.

  • @MegaWaffle said:
    With how this community is so split I don;t think vote down needs to be brought back.
    Also why do you need to push such a negative idea back to the forums. There is no reason to add toxicity in the form of a button press. If you don't agree with a post ignore it and move on.

    A downvote button is a good ieda because now people gonna shitpost when they disagree with the OP instead of simply pressing the button to show that they disagree

  • Master said:

    @MegaWaffle said:
    With how this community is so split I don;t think vote down needs to be brought back.
    Also why do you need to push such a negative idea back to the forums. There is no reason to add toxicity in the form of a button press. If you don't agree with a post ignore it and move on.

    A downvote button is a good ieda because now people gonna shitpost when they disagree with the OP instead of simply pressing the button to show that they disagree

    Nope, it just promotes negativity and allows brigading. Nobody worth their salt will do that. If you disagree better to post why respectfully instead of hammering a downvote button and not contributing.
  • Master said:

    @MegaWaffle said:
    With how this community is so split I don;t think vote down needs to be brought back.
    Also why do you need to push such a negative idea back to the forums. There is no reason to add toxicity in the form of a button press. If you don't agree with a post ignore it and move on.

    A downvote button is a good ieda because now people gonna shitpost when they disagree with the OP instead of simply pressing the button to show that they disagree

    The only people that do that are people who fall for salty bait. Not every salty topic deserves a response/attention. 90% of them are posted because they're biased & something didn't go their way during their last match.
  • @Master said:

    @MegaWaffle said:
    With how this community is so split I don;t think vote down needs to be brought back.
    Also why do you need to push such a negative idea back to the forums. There is no reason to add toxicity in the form of a button press. If you don't agree with a post ignore it and move on.

    A downvote button is a good ieda because now people gonna shitpost when they disagree with the OP instead of simply pressing the button to show that they disagree

    id rather have a community say their opinion no matter how ######### posty it is rather than just dislike it.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Let's just treat "Lol" as "vote down" ok?

  • I got 80 down votes in a single thread for defending my opinion.
    This would end like Reddit. Where people bury unpopular opinions under down votes.
  • Tsulan said:
    I got 80 down votes in a single thread for defending my opinion.
    This would end like Reddit. Where people bury unpopular opinions under down votes.
    What was about?
  • Grey87 said:

    Let's just treat "Lol" as "vote down" ok?

    That's what I do now. That way, people can know someone is laughing at them for posting dumb ######### without bumping their post.
  • But my LOLs are mostly from legit funny things. Bring back down vote so I don't get associated with the riff raff plz. 
  • Downvotes also had other things tied to them that we could not get rid of (e.g. after a certain threshold of downvotes is met, the post would be hidden).

    If you disagree with someone, it just makes more sense to state why you disagree with them, or upvote a post that says what you want to say. These are forums, after all, not a polling place. I'd rather see people say why they disagree with someone rather than just saying that they disagree.

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:
    Grey87 said:

    Let's just treat "Lol" as "vote down" ok?

    That's what I do now. That way, people can know someone is laughing at them for posting dumb ######### without bumping their post.

    I think LOLs are a lot more negative than down votes. You write a serious comment and get 5-6 LOLs.

    I would rather get 1k down votes than 10 LOLs...

  • @Vietfox said:
    Tsulan said:

    I got 80 down votes in a single thread for defending my opinion.
    This would end like Reddit. Where people bury unpopular opinions under down votes.

    What was about?

    That was back in june. I honestly can´t remember. But the thread got deleted. (yes i searched for it)

  • This content has been removed.