Can I Get Some Advice For This Very Specific Situation?

I was playing Solo Q earlier and had a game against a bubba. He ran corrupt and got a down within the first minute. He then proceeded to face camp the dude, and by face camp I mean he stood still m1ing the guy on hook. So we did the standard thing and gen rushed. When we got down to 1 gen the dude croaked and we went looking for bones. I got 3 of them and the bubba got another hook, he face camped them as well. I spent a solid minute looking for the other totems with no luck. I gave up on it and popped the last gen. Of course he had NOED and got the last down. Dude 2 croaked. Dude 3 got hooked and I opened the gate only to be met by Blood Warden. I stealthed around for a little while (Kinda hard when you play ash) until I found the hatch and got out. Is there anything I could have done better in this situation?

Comments

  • Ignored the totems and finished the last gen. If he facecamped that hard then you still had almost all the pallets on the map left up so easy loops while the other teammate rescues and opens the gate. Or he just stays at the guy on the hook while y'all both open the gate and leave. You gave him that second kill for free by looking for totems.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Ignored the totems and finished the last gen. If he facecamped that hard then you still had almost all the pallets on the map left up so easy loops while the other teammates rescues and opens the gate. Or he just stays at the guy on the hook while y'all both open the gate and leave. You gave him that second kill for free by looking for totems.

    Thats fair, I just didn't want to deal with NOED. I'll keep that in mind for next time.

  • I wouldn't have cleansed totems at all. Slowing down for any reason in a camping situation is too risky. Might've been 2 escapes from the gate if you had played it that way. Alternatively, you can test your luck and run Detective's Hunch and pray that you get a NOED killer. Probably 2 escapes that way as well, but I don't know for sure because I didn't see the match and where the totems all spawned in it.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    I wouldn't have cleansed totems at all. Slowing down for any reason in a camping situation is too risky. Might've been 2 escapes from the gate if you had played it that way. Alternatively, you can test your luck and run Detective's Hunch and pray that you get a NOED killer. Probably 2 escapes that way as well, but I don't know for sure because I didn't see the match and where the totems all spawned in it.

    I'll keep that in mind for next time, thank you!

  • That's understandable, but for future games if it's ever a camp fest you should just rush gens.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1568706#Comment_1568706

    That's understandable, but for future games if it's ever a camp fest you should just rush gens.

    I'll keep that in mind, Thank you!

  • If someone had borrowed time they could have gone in and unhooked the survivor during the M1 cooldown, but like everyone else said the best thing you can do is pump out gens. The thing about doing bones really is that if you can't find that last totem that's the one that's going to light up because it's the only one left. If you leave easy to find totems alone you'll find NOED faster.

  • @Heartbound said:

    If someone had borrowed time they could have gone in and unhooked the survivor during the M1 cooldown, but like everyone else said the best thing you can do is pump out gens. The thing about doing bones really is that if you can't find that last totem that's the one that's going to light up because it's the only one left. If you leave easy to find totems alone you'll find NOED faster.

    I did have borrowed time, when I tried to get close he stopped m1ing and started revving the chainsaw, he didn't even try to chase.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1568735#Comment_1568735

    I did have borrowed time, when I tried to get close he stopped m1ing and started revving the chainsaw, he didn't even try to chase.

    If it's the new leatherface he'll eventually burnout, but if this is old leatherface then yeah it's kinda a no go. Stinks for the camped survivor but ya did what ya could.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Ignored the totems and finished the last gen. If he facecamped that hard then you still had almost all the pallets on the map left up so easy loops while the other teammates rescues and opens the gate. Or he just stays at the guy on the hook while y'all both open the gate and leave. You gave him that second kill for free by looking for totems.

    This is what i was thinking. If this was the tactic op went with bubba would have got a 2k with 2 hooks and a bunch of camping points. Thats a depip. If you starve the people that play this way theyll eventually switch tactics

  • @Heartbound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1568742#Comment_1568742

    If it's the new leatherface he'll eventually burnout, but if this is old leatherface then yeah it's kinda a no go. Stinks for the camped survivor but ya did what ya could.

    I tried, apparently he was running an extra charge and recharge addons. I decided it was better to try gen rushing.