Killer Lunges/Grabs broken?
Am I the only one that think Killer Lunges are ridiculous in this game, they seem to lunge at you from so far away and even then sometimes they don't even look like they hit you. Hag in particular seems the worst, she lunges about 10 yards at you. This is horrible due to how bad the pallets are getting in the game, most Killers can just bloodlust and lunge around them and some how still hit you even though you're down on the other side of the pallet.
On a further note...the grab system is very dumb. I've been grabbed on fast vaulting away from the killer on a pallet and grabbed through the other side of Windows. Not to mention the Killers that facecamp and grab someone going for the unhook, even when the bar is full...
I don't know but the last few updates have addressed "god loops/windows", gen speeds, making maps smaller so the RNG is broken with dead zones for survivors. Seems like they focused on buffing killers, which i can understand...but at the same time they've got to be looking at balancing it for survivors too...not every game is PC 4 man SWF's.
Also the way the hook spawn like that makes Saboteur, Breakout and perks like that totally useless unless you have 2 or 3 Oaks on.
Edit: Toxic community it really is. I make a post giving my opinion on the game from my perspective being someone who plays this game on a daily basis and has a lot of hours in it and all i get in a response is people trying to tell me how to play the game. Apparently i'm not using perks correctly or it's server lag issues. When my post was literally about the Killers lunge and grab animations. Plus some people want to be totally oblivious on how bad the Dead Zones are on some maps and apparently they're god tier loopers at the game that think throwing 2 pallets makes every loop amazing...
Comments
Breakout really isnt useless, you just probably want to take a protection hit once, also drop a pallet or something, whatever. Saboteur is actually useful when timed correctly+ there is a perk which shows hook's auras in range where surv was picked up.
saboteur does both show the auras in range and let you sabo a hook
Getting hit while you drop a pallet or grab after vaulting is mostly a latency issue between you and the killer. If you get hit on a pallet it's usually because on the killer's screen you haven't drop it yet as for grabbing you haven't finish the animation on his client. Either way you are too greedy if it's a problem for you, playing killer is already hard, imagine if they made it so you don't hit/grab at all if on the survivor's client you're still too far from them.
Most of the time if you time your sabo correctly the killer will have to drop the person; just hide from the killer going for a hook then go break it just before he can reach it.
Those lags actually might be abuse/cheats - report if you think this is /very/ unfair
First, it sounds like you have bad internet. Second, I rarely come across deadzones. Actual, useful deadzones, with a gen in the middle and/or some actual reason to be there. Third, the RNG in this game favours survivors more than killers. When tiles spawn, it's more commonly a maze tile than a deadzone, which sounds fair til you remember that sounds are broken and it is somehow easier than ever to chain tiles, even though they were spaced out on many maps. That is literally my playstyle: I usually get at least one good, long chase by dropping only a pallet or two. It's pretty silly. Fourth, killers can grab you on pallet vaults. Fifth, most of my team escapes most of my trials, and I'm a solo player and not a very good one at that. It just comes back to gen speeds: We can get absolutely destroyed, but the gens go too quick, and I often see my teammates taking the easy route with DS/UB or Locker DS.
I have great internet and ping. I don't know how you don't come across dead zones but most maps are ridiculous for them now, there's a lot of corner areas with nothing but tress and rocks with no pallets. Shelter Woods for example has awful spots as well as Rotten Fields...I was also saying Killers shouldn't be able to grab you while fast vaulting a pallet AWAY from them, if it was towards them i'd understand but when you're going away from the killer it's pretty dumb, especially when it's not even a slow vault.
Just giving my experience and opinion on things since i've been playing this game nearly every day for the last year or so.
I've ran Breakout and took 2 protection hits (Styptic Agent) and dodge 2 hits and someone still didn't wiggle free without even using Iron Grasp. Plus running Saboteur and you can see just how close together the hooks are...just trying to use something other than the boring Meta builds all the time and it's obvious why everyone uses meta builds because trying something else like running Breakout literally doesn't favor anyone but the Killer since you're wasting a lot of time trying to get someone to wiggle free and get injured and they still can't do that...
I know how the hit detection works. This isn't what i'm talking about...Hag lunges that long and that fast she can hit a survivor on Sprint Burst. I've seen it multiple times. Also being too greedy has nothing to do with it, i've pre-dropped pallets and went to drop pallets only for the game to freeze or it won't even start the animation because the game seems to think the killer is blocking it or something weird. Playing Killer is not hard...lol
Plenty of killer have longer lunges than Hag and it's not the game's fault if you start sprint burst too late/run in the killer's face with it and get hit. If you know how the detection work then what are you complaining about? Dedicated server was an improvement for survivor in that regard. So yes being greedy have everything to do with getting hit/grab, especially on maze tile and T & L wall.
There's almost no dead zone at all and it's easy to chain tiles, IDK why's you're complaining especially since you stated Rotten Fields, one of the most survivor sided map with almost exclusively safe pallet and 2 god loops.
If a survivor is downed 2meter away from a hook, nothing will prevent the killer from hooking him; like I said if you play it well 1 sabo can force the killer to drop the survivor, 2 hit are usually enough especially with Breakout and no Iron Grasp.
"Playing Killer is not hard...lol" For the same rank you got to play way smarter/better with a killer, especially if he's mid-low tier. I main clown and Legion at rank 1 so I know what I'm talking about.
I don't want to be rude but it seem to be that you aren't that good at the game and could easily improve simply by watching some content creator.
Playing killer is not hard?
I find solo survivor not hard but most people dont think that's true also.
Also the reason hag runs fast and long during a lunge is because she attacks with her bare hands. She doesn't have a big sword like pyramid head so this covers up the fact that she doesn't use a real big weapon.
"Aren't good at the game" and what premises are you basing that off? lol stop thinking you are better than me...i'm allowed my opinion on the game...don't start knocking my skill level when you haven't seen me play. Rotten Fields is not survivor sided you have so far to run before you can get to a tile. You're also suggesting it's my lack of skill/use with a perk why a killer is lunging at me and hitting me...i've used really early to gain distance on a Killer and still get hit from a lunge.
As for your statement telling me to improve...stop being a clown and judging other peoples skill based off an opinion on what they see on the game on a daily basis. Stop thinking you're above someone else just because they give an opinion.
Playing Killer isn't hard at all. I got to Rank 1 in 2 weeks playing against ALOT of SWF's and what not...it's laughable to think people believe playing Killer is hard...but again i'm basing my opinion on what i'm seeing in the game...like people Lunging around walls with bloodlust because of a lot of unsafe pallets...
It honestly sounds like lag on the killer's end. I can't count the amount of times I've got hit by some BS. If your feet touch the ground on the other side of a vault... there is NO WAY that you should be getting grabbed. It's always lag in that case. And unfortunately, the way the game currently works, killer hits, grabs, etc., are ALWAYS prioritized no matter what you see on your screen with very low ping internet. It isn't usually this bad, but I've had several games where I've gotten hit by a completely invisible killer LOL
And don't mind other commenters, a lot of people expect everyone to be god loopers when in reality it takes hundreds of hours in the game to get really good and consistent at understanding loops, how to chain them together, and what a map offers to survivors.
Yeah I mean I get the hit detection and latency issue, I just think sometimes with the combined bloodlust and the killer lunge it can be pretty broken.
I would consider myself good at looping in this game though, not to be egotistical but I do manage the loop the killer for 2/3+ gens a game I just think there's a lot of stupid hits that we get, it's mainly from a animation perspective, seeing killers lunge and then they finish their animations not even looking at you is really silly
You're saying breaking hooks/using perk to help a survivor who's in the killers arm are ######### yet it's not true at all. You're complaining about killer's lunges (hag) when freddy or myers T3 have way bigger lunges. Hag attack with her bare hands that's probably why you think she have a huge lunge. Grab are usually in the survivor's favor; it's not rare for a killer to start the animation for grabbing but no instead you hit (especially on gen and chest).
"Rotten Fields is not survivor sided you have so far to run before you can get to a tile." The fact that it's so huge make it survivor sided; Pretty much all killer beside Nurse, Spirit, Billy and Freddy can't apply pressure because of that. Myers and GF can barely stalk because of the corn, most gens are right next to a tile with two right beside a god loop.
What you're complaining/saying show a lack of knowledge about the game hence why it give me the impression that you're not that good.
"Playing Killer isn't hard at all. I got to Rank 1 in 2 weeks playing against ALOT of SWF's and what not...it's laughable to think people believe playing Killer is hard.." That is questionable at best and a lie at worst.
But hey, I'll stop right there because Mr. get triggered because other have different opinion and suggest that he might not be that good because he's completely wrong on some stuff (like Rotten Field) or complain about killer gaining bloodlust on unsafe pallet isn't fair.
Go watch some TrU3Ta1ent and you'll see how wrong you are about rotten field, or breaking hooks etc.
They are bad perks because they're very situational based perks. Most perks have to be combined with 2 for them to even be effective. Breakout literally sucks if you don't run Dead Hard, MoM or even Saboteur/Toolbox. Rotten Field is not that big of map anymore...every time i've played Bubba, Doc or Killers like that i've managed to get 3 or 4 kills because aside from a few loops around the edges it's hard to even combine tiles to run a killer on and a smart killer on that map can easily force Survivors in 3 gen situations. There's barely any god loops on that map.
Believe what you will, people have watched me get to rank 1 in 2 weeks on my streams but okay stop thinking you're above everyone else.
Why would i go watch TrU3Ta1ent when i can literally play the game and have my own experiences and I can see for myself the problems that are in the game. Literally everyone only thinks that what streamers say/do in the game is the definitive.
"Mr Get Triggered"...I'm not triggered but it's incredibly rude to try and knock someones skill when you haven't seen them play or fail to even try and experience their issue with the game for yourself.
Breakout and MoM are good together. Some of my friend can easily save 2-3 hooks per game with that combo.
"There's barely any god loops on that map." Except Shack, Cow tree and the Tractor which is more than most realms. Not only that but most other tiles are jungle gyms.
"can easily force Survivors in 3 gen situations." It's one of the map when gen spread is one of the best for survivor but OK.