Some Positive Feedback

So there is a bitter truth about Forums, it is generally the vocal minority that feel the compulsion or need to vent. Most people don't take the time to talk about what went right. I for one, want to thank bEhavior for being nice enough (and crazy enough) to involve the greater Player base in their field test of the new Killer, Survivor, and Perks. They certainly aren't required to do this. I appreciate it, and hope that they just ignore all the "sky is falling types" types, because you seem to be on the right track.

Comments

  • True. Everyone is complaining but no one is telling then they did a great work with certein things.

  • I really enjoyed the latest PTB and thought they did a great job on the new content. There’s room for improvement on some things but that’s what the PTB is for, they’ve improved PTB content in the past so I’m sure they’ll do it here as well.

  • Of course threads like this wont get any attention.. :/

  • @Demonl3y said:

    Of course threads like this wont get any attention.. :/

    Well, I didn't do it to get attention, just to genuinely thank them for their efforts. If they see it, great. If not, hopefully other people who do will remember to provide some more positive posts.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    So there is a bitter truth about Forums, it is generally the vocal minority that feel the compulsion or need to vent. Most people don't take the time to talk about what went right. I for one, want to thank bEhavior for being nice enough (and crazy enough) to involve the greater Player base in their field test of the new Killer, Survivor, and Perks. They certainly aren't required to do this. I appreciate it, and hope that they just ignore all the "sky is falling types" types, because you seem to be on the right track.

    Youre right, but saying whats wrong with the game helps more than saying whats right, becouse they can change whats wrong and when you are saying only positive things, they cant do anything with it becouse you already like it.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    Of course threads like this wont get any attention.. :/

    They never do; negativity is what draws our attention first and positivity second.

    It's why the news is always so negative- bad press sells better than good press.

  • @Viperion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/184675/some-positive-feedback

    Youre right, but saying whats wrong with the game helps more than saying whats right, becouse they can change whats wrong and when you are saying only positive things, they cant do anything with it becouse you already like it.

    I'm not sure I agree. They have to get BOTH. If all they get is negative this and negative that, it becomes a great big fog and they have no way of knowing what is actually constructive critiques our sour grapes. I think they need to hear from people about the things that are working in equal measure, so they aren't basing changes merely on whom is the best at screaming and complaining.

    Those that complain aren't necessarily right, but without the vast majority of people who LIKE something chiming in, it gives a distorted picture.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562913#Comment_1562913

    I'm not sure I agree. They have to get BOTH. If all they get is negative this and negative that, it becomes a great big fog and they have no way of knowing what is actually constructive critiques our sour grapes. I think they need to hear from people about the things that are working in equal measure, so they aren't basing changes merely on whom is the best at screaming and complaining.

    Those that complain aren't necessarily right, but without the vast majority of people who LIKE something chiming in, it gives a distorted picture.

    Im not saying we should only leave negative feedback, but i just think Behavior doesnt really benefit from positive feedback.

  • @Viperion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562940#Comment_1562940

    Im not saying we should only leave negative feedback, but i just think Behavior doesnt really benefit from positive feedback.

    Everyone benefits from positive feedback. The company is made of people, and force feeding real people hefty servings of bile day in and day out isn't good for them personally and thus not good for the company. That in turn means it isn't good for us as Players. I absolutely disagree with the idea that they don't benefit from positive feedback. Without it you will turn them from people who take joy and pride in their work (and want to hear good things about it) to a soulless group that don't like us at best, and see us as just wallets at worst.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562945#Comment_1562945

    Everyone benefits from positive feedback. The company is made of people, and force feeding real people hefty servings of bile day in and day out isn't good for them personally and thus not good for the company. That in turn means it isn't good for us as Players. I absolutely disagree with the idea that they don't benefit from positive feedback. Without it you will turn them from people who take joy and pride in their work (and want to hear good things about it) to a soulless group that don't like us at best, and see us as just wallets at worst.

    Youre right, but i didnt really mean the people, of course they benefit from positive feedback, i meant more the game itself

  • @Viperion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562976#Comment_1562976

    Youre right, but i didnt really mean the people, of course they benefit from positive feedback, i meant more the game itself

    But that is my point, and I'm not communicating it to you very well. The game doesn't exist outside the context of the people who maintain it, update it, and introduce new material into it. You can't separate the people from the game. There are too many variables for that distinction. For example, Blight has a bunch of new Perks which clearly are designed to try and slow down the Gen-Rush and thus deal with the growing issue of the 5th Perk (Comms). They could have approached it a different way, and I submit there are probably some more logical solutions, but they get so much grief here from the constant negative feedback loop that they opted for more Perks as a patch, i.e. a not-so-subtle alternate method.

    Will it work? I hope so, and I happen to like the Perks. I even think Blight's rather unique method of moving around is kind of interesting. I can't control him worth spit yet, but I've seen video of those that can. I've loved the graphical updates I've seen so far too. They are clearly on the right track, and I think they deserve to hear about it. So, slowing down the Gen-Rush, top marks from me. Awesome looking graphics, nothing by A+ from me. I mean, what would be the purpose of me telling them what I don't like? Do you think my complaints (or yours) could possibly be more than a drop in a very large bucket, i.e. things they have heard a thousand times before. The negative feedback is meaningless and has little to no impact because there is so much of it.