Can we get gen rushing addressed already?
Before the survivors get all salty at the title, let me state this isn't the typical "wah they finished the gens before I could kill them" QQ. So first, let's address what I am referring to when I say "gen rushing" before we hear the typical, "there is no such thing" argument. Gen rushing is when survivors push generators hard from the beginning of the match and multiple gens are completed within a few minutes. This can be caused by the killer lacking pressure on the map or survivors ignoring everything in order to push the gens. As a killer, when I see 3 gens popped in a few minutes, I get a little frustrated and I think, "wow". As a survivor I think, "okay this is good, but I'll get worthless pips and no points." This is one of the reasons I don't particularly care to play survivor often. What fun is pressing M1 on a generator the entire match?
Is anyone really wrong for doing this? No, I don't believe so. Survivors are just doing their objective and killers may just be getting looped or inexperienced at patrolling gens. I think what it boils down to is survivors have gotten so good and adapted to this game over the years, it has revealed a huge flaw in this game. It needs to be fixed.
So what is there to do about it right now? Killers have a few perks that can sort of help with this. At best, these perks are like an off brand bandaid and they only benefit the killer. Survivors can stop doing their only objective and purposely run the killer around for chase points, but why on earth would they do that?
There have been some creative solutions mentioned over the past couple months I have played. My favorite is adding more objectives in the game or even different game modes. Unique quest can be added in the map that upon completion, could reward the same benefit as escaping would (BPs/pips) and you could even escape after escaping for an even larger bonus. This is just an example of what can be done and my own personal input.
So, I'd like to finish off my QQ with one last thought. This last game I played. Let me say, the survivors did really well. They were very sneaky, pushed gens quick. As far as doing their objective goes, they almost finished the last gen and were potentially very close to escape.

Unfortunately for them, they made a few minor mistakes that I was able to capitalize on. The point of me posting this pic is to point out that they did do well in hiding from the killer and finishing gens. In my opinion, they were not rewarded enough and this is one of the big problems of gen rushing. It's generally a bad game for everyone, not fun and no one gets points.
Thoughts?
Comments
Apparently, the fact that I didn't take into consideration the hundreds of variables that make the game more Survivor-sided was somehow relevant to my "best case-scenario for the Killer is still bad for them" point. And here I thought that when someone showed the best case-scenario for one side was bad, it was proof that that side needed a buff. Go figure.
No the fact that you chose a scenario that fit your preconceived outcome was the issue.
You were shown different things that could be taken into account such as grabbing someone off a gen and getting an easy hook. It happens even at rank 1 because either the killer was super sneaky or the survivor was to engrossed. You chose to only use what best fit your narrative.
Yes, thank you, you've already voiced your complaints in the thread.
Yea not every gen can be done by 4 people, my point is that even with 2 you do it way too fast (40 seconds). Factor in toolboxes and more players and it's SUPER fast. There needs to be a limit to how fast it can go, so if we have 2 or 4 on a gen it's the same. That's what a gen rush is, when multiple survs do a gen at once.
The point I'm trying to make is that you went in with a preconceived bias/outcome already. You did nothing data wise to negate those issues. By assuming best case scenario your outcome was preordained to fit your narrative. You didn't account for the different skill levels of each side.
The rng of maps/perks/toon selected, or was this a full 4 man swf, 3, 2 man swf or 4 solo's. Is the person playing poorly as in did they turn left when they should've gone right. Did the killer make mistakes, did someone not pay attention to the killer sneaking up behind them.
For instance the killer grabbing them right off the gen next to a hook, Billy/Bubba downing them same situation. You say devs want this to be a 30 secs or less, well the devs want you vocal minority to stop complaining on the forums every day.
Is that realistic or going to happen at all or every day, well we all know the answers to that one already. There's so many variables in each match that can affect how long a chase will last. But you again simply deflect any criticism and refuse to follow the same principles you expect others to.
They'res other threads you could've used as examples of solving lots of the problems that got good input from both sides. Yet you chose your own biased post as an example knowing full well it had serious flaws in it.
Only way to fix gen rushing is to add a new perk that's better and I mean BETTER if not GOD TIER levels above Ruin or give the Survivors another objective and or option to gens which would actually be nice.
I could care less about getting max blood points and do not care at all about rank. My goal is to win. If there were more dailies maybe my playstyle would change but I’m usually stuck with two killer dailies and one survivor or two. So I run out of factors that change my playstyle quickly