Can Killers Have the Option to Forfeit?

My biggest problem with the DC penalty is not on survivor. It's when I am playing killer and I don't have a fast way to end the match. The way forfeiting could work is

  • Killer loses X% of Blood Points
  • The Killer will automatically depip
  • The Survivor should be compensated with a X amount of Blood Point

Add or remove whatever you want but I just want there to be a way to quickly end the match especially with killer lock is still in the game.

Edit: A poster gave the solution of the killer being able to open the exit at any point in the trial. This is by far the easiest and one of the better solutions in this post.

Comments

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1556153#Comment_1556153

    I don't like hook suicides for exactly the reason you stated (I also report them for losing the game on purpose), but there is a difference between that and just making sure the game immediately ends for everyone as soon as it starts.

    This is why I had suggested having the concede option (interacting with the exit gates before they are powered) slowly progress gens instead of just opening the gates then and there.

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1555977#Comment_1555977

    You can only "improve" so much. Even the best killer players have their skill capped and it comes down to waiting for the survivor to make a mistake.

    Yes but survivors can only be toxic to weaker killers they can't afford mistakes with some people. the better you are the better they need to play. Just saying I can't win this so let me quit isn't much of a complaint

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1556155#Comment_1556155

    This is why I had suggested having the concede option (interacting with the exit gates before they are powered) slowly progress gens instead of just opening the gates then and there.

    The problem with being able to concede whenever you want is that it basically gives someone the power to just force the Survivors to be unable to play the game and probably depip. If we're gonna give the option of concession, I really think it should be done in a way similar to how Identity V does it, where you can't do it until a certain amount of time has passed.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1556194#Comment_1556194

    The problem with being able to concede whenever you want is that it basically gives someone the power to just force the Survivors to be unable to play the game and probably depip. If we're gonna give the option of concession, I really think it should be done in a way similar to how Identity V does it, where you can't do it until a certain amount of time has passed.

    Survivor first hook suicide says hello, if 2 people do it ins extremely hard to pip at red ranks

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Or at least get rid of the DC penalty until maps like Midwich, Hawkins, and Lery's are fixed on console.

    I'm not going to sit there and play Billy on one of those maps against PC players. It's unfair and unfun as hell.

    Turn off cross play?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1556416#Comment_1556416

    When it's only a problem on those maps (and still a problem even with cross play off)? No.

    Midwich especially irks me because it was fine before the last patch.

    It’s not a problem, it’s just the random nature that some killers perform better on certain maps. Are you saying if you play Myers and get a big open map you quit?

    This game has multiple levels of RNG, the people who quit when it doesn’t line up for them, like you, are the reason DC penalties exist.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    If you give Killers a legal way to depip, its going to be exploited.

    They depip anyways. There is no difference. I've watched killers just walk around swinging at the air. Not afk, but clearly depip matches. I've seen survivors run up and wait to be downed just to suicide on hook. I run Trapper, so no like it's a killer people hate. They just want a quick death for the depip.

    Rank means nothing in this game. I'm as boosted as they come as survivor, yet I'm rank 2?! No, I'm not good as survivor. I only play it 10-20% of the time. I'm a colorblind Trapper yet I get to red ranks easily and stay there. Ranking up is easy. Losing rank is easy as well. The ranks are merely a number.

  • This will just lead to some killer players ending matches whenever they are losing. If survivors are winning, often survivors will just not be able to play the match till the end in that case, which would be awful. Especially since some people always blame their losses on the game's balance, since they can't accept that their losses might sometimes also be die to their skill.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1556272#Comment_1556272

    Survivor first hook suicide says hello, if 2 people do it ins extremely hard to pip at red ranks

    That's why "losing the game on purpose" is listed under "Unsportsmanlike Conduct." ;)

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1555902#Comment_1555902

    I assume you would be fine with removing the ability to kill oneselve on the hook for survivors?

    yeah, im indifferent on whether it gets changed or not.

  • @Pryzm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1555397#Comment_1555397

    They depip anyways. There is no difference. I've watched killers just walk around swinging at the air. Not afk, but clearly depip matches. I've seen survivors run up and wait to be downed just to suicide on hook. I run Trapper, so no like it's a killer people hate. They just want a quick death for the depip.

    Rank means nothing in this game. I'm as boosted as they come as survivor, yet I'm rank 2?! No, I'm not good as survivor. I only play it 10-20% of the time. I'm a colorblind Trapper yet I get to red ranks easily and stay there. Ranking up is easy. Losing rank is easy as well. The ranks are merely a number.

    Except they'll get a ramping DC penalty and will have to wait longer and longer between each game if they do. At least its like that now when the DC Penalties are enabled again.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1556398#Comment_1556398

    That's why "losing the game on purpose" is listed under "Unsportsmanlike Conduct." ;)

    It would take a bunch of reports don't kid yourself

  • Won't stop me.

  • @Stanley12363 said:

    My biggest problem with the DC penalty is not on survivor. It's when I am playing killer and I don't have a fast way to end the match. The way forfeiting could work is

    • Killer loses X% of Blood Points
    • The Killer will automatically depip
    • The Survivor should be compensated with a X amount of Blood Point

    Add or remove whatever you want but I just want there to be a way to quickly end the match especially with killer lock is still in the game.

    Apart from the fact noed blood warden egc exist meaning killers would abuse it to open the gates noed a survivor wait for the rest to be on gate or going for rescue and noed 4k in games

  • One thing I want to bring up about killer forfeiting is if 20 minutes pass without a gen being popped, the killer should have the option to manually open the gates and start EGC if the killer decides the survivors are wasting his time.


    I had a match earlier where I was roaming around Hawkins for 15 minutes with like 4 gens left and 2 survivors were simply ignoring the gens. Thankfully I had whispers and found them in the basement entering and exiting lockers.


    I dunno if I can really call that forfeiting but an anti-hostage thing would be nice. Being able to open the gate when all gens are done was DESIGNED as an anti-hostage mechanic if I remember correctly, if survivors refuse to open the gate. While that aspect works, there's no mechanic for if survivors decide to just ignore gens and stealth around the map for the next hour and a half trying to make you give up and DC.


    It works if there's one survivor left (hatch can be shut to manually start EGC) just not if there's 2 survivors who go full-blendette.


    Anyways, after 20 minutes since the last gen pop, the killer should have a little prompt appear (maybe an exit gate switch icon next to generators remaining) to signify he can hit the switch to get the EGC started, or continue to search for the survivors if he chooses.

  • I just wanna say suiciding happens a lot bc of camping killers have a lot of the power yeah its a type of rage quit but they allow it right? Killers can camp so survivor can kill themselves. It's not a bad trade especially for the ones saying that camping is a tactic if the game isn't fun might as well die anyway. Especially tunneling and plus its good for the killers they get an easy kill so yeah if you wanna bring that up then we can talk about camping and tunneling first.

  • @dugman said:

    Honestly if you want a quick match bring a mori. You don’t even have to actually use the mori you bring, survivors who see you brought one at the start of the game won’t be wasting a ton of time during the match because they’ll know if you down them after a hook it’s over, even if they have Decisive Strike. In fact you don’t even need to bring an Ebony Mori, an secret offering will make the survivors think you are using one and they’ll be on red alert the whole match.

    (Plus bonus points for actually killing survivors with moris and then drinking the ocean of tears. 😭 Yeah, we get it, Red Moris are overpowered, boo hoo. If the devs didn’t want people using moris they wouldn’t still be in the game at this point.)

    The thing is this post isn't about a fast game. It is partly the same lame reason to DC when they don't like the map.

    You can't anticipate that every time with a Mori. But hey a map offering might help there but it would block the offering slot for everything else.

  • @Mew said:

    don’t queue up for a match if you don’t wanna play the game lmfao

    Another argument that can both to killer and first hook suiciding survivor.

    Dont play the game if you don't want to play on all maps/against all possible killer.

    That's what you are saying but good luck with people nowadays doing that.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    Here’s the thing you can be in favor of killers being able to open the door early but if so you also have to be okay with survivors first hook suiciding.

    Or you can say killers being able to end the game early is unfair because it robs the survivors of points, but if so you should be against first hook deaths.

    I don’t really care which way you choose but if you’re saying it’s okay for one side to quit early then it should be okay for the other.

    You know I think that is exactly the reason the op made this thread. -.-

  • @HarlowXRaven said:

    I just wanna say suiciding happens a lot bc of camping killers have a lot of the power yeah its a type of rage quit but they allow it right? Killers can camp so survivor can kill themselves. It's not a bad trade especially for the ones saying that camping is a tactic if the game isn't fun might as well die anyway. Especially tunneling and plus its good for the killers they get an easy kill so yeah if you wanna bring that up then we can talk about camping and tunneling first.

    And the same amount of first hook suicides/penalty free instant DCs happen because a player didn't like the map or killer.

    Those are the situations that are discussed here.

    And if you want to focus on camping make survivor being able to hang for 4 minutes in the first 4 minutes of the game. But at the same time unable to Kobe.

    This would discourage killer from early camping without completely throwing the game and also survivor from diving the killer to penalty free leave the game early.

  • Implement AI killers there gonna be dumb but it means the survivors will have something to play with if the killer has to dip or is stressed out and needs a break.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1557053#Comment_1557053

    And the same amount of first hook suicides/penalty free instant DCs happen because a player didn't like the map or killer.

    Those are the situations that are discussed here.

    And if you want to focus on camping make survivor being able to hang for 4 minutes in the first 4 minutes of the game. But at the same time unable to Kobe.

    This would discourage killer from early camping without completely throwing the game and also survivor from diving the killer to penalty free leave the game early.

    The majority of the time i've played a killer is always camping or slugging so no that shouldn't be all that's discussed if we wanna talk about forfeiting killers and how that ties in with survivors killing themselves camping should be mentioned. It doesn't matter whether or not it's an easy way out. Killers take the easy way in killing someone all the time and now people wanna forfeit for what you already camp 50% of the time anyway.

  • @Zarathos said:

    Implement AI killers there gonna be dumb but it means the survivors will have something to play with if the killer has to dip or is stressed out and needs a break.

    I think mobile has this? It would probably have rudimentary pathing but yes it will be decent enough to finish the game out.

    I still think there should be a better practice mode, a killer that chases you endlessly heck it could even turn into a time trial thjng.

1 2 ›