Slinger mains
Ok so I finally just got Slinger boi and I would like to get some tips and builds from Slinger mains. I'm pretty bad with him at the moment so plz help :)
Basically what perks and add-ons are best on him?
Ok so I finally just got Slinger boi and I would like to get some tips and builds from Slinger mains. I'm pretty bad with him at the moment so plz help :)
Basically what perks and add-ons are best on him?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Here's some healthy tips for playing Slinger.
Not a slinger main but I just got wrecked by a rank 1 running monitor and abuse, pop, nurse’s calling, and sloppy. You could also add in bbq if you wanted it for additional tracking and/or BP. Personally, I’m pretty terrible with him lol
Improve accuracy
Edit: ALWAYS have A Nurse's calling in your build, it is very effective for that killer.
His reload add-ons are by far some of his best. helps you both if you hit and if you miss.
Learn to quickscope. thats it.
good tips.
Swap pop for corrupt and depending how I feel like playing monitor for devour and you just described my build.
A good perk to run on him in my opinion is Unrelenting, which let's you recover from missed basic attacks 30% quicker. Useful for when you get a shot in but can see chain is about to break before you can take the hit. Swinging let's you evade the five second stun and you'll recover quicker. The best is when you hit them across a thrown pallet, you break the chain, and because they are hitting the R1 (PS4) they slow vault over to get poked
Jeez guys. Okay. Deathslinger is a killer with a near instant shot, so don't try to lead your shots. Aim where the survivor is and not where it's going to be. Your range isn't infinite either so keep that in mind when going for longer shots. (ie, don't shoot the survivor that's at the edge of your range if they're already injured. You probably won't be able to reel them in time.
Perks for Deathslinger:
Monitor and Abuse: Being able to shoot people that don't know you're there is very spicy.
Corrupt Intervention or Ruin: Deathslinger's weakness is map pressure. He can't be everywhere at once. Make sure you have gen pressure perks.
I'm All Ears: Lets you line up shots before they round the corner.
Make your Choice: A survivor you can one shot with a gun shot is a as good as got.
Discordance/BBQ/Thrilling Tremors: Good to have one of these for finding survivors.
As far as add ons: It depends on how you play him. Are you going to break your chain to injure people? If yes, invest in stun reduction.
If you're trying to capitalize with hits, go for reload and cooldown reduction. I'm fond of the mangled add on.
Something I recommend doing is walking up to the survivor and hitting them, then after the hit animation aim your gun and reel them in if you can. Cuts the chase down to nothing. Save the Best for Last can help with this but it's not necessary.
Get a monitor that can show crosshairs, that what red rank huntress players do
same mechanics l guess
Deathslinger is probably the worst killer in the game. He is very underwhelming and is simply just a worse version of huntress. But, ill give the best advice possible from me:
Gen slowdown perks are meta, so i advise using either barbecue and pop (what i recommend), or ruin and surveillance. Both are good, but pop might be better because after all, slinger is a 110% killer. For your 3rd perk, you definitely want save the best for last, as it will be his best perk. The main strat with slinger with 8 tokens of STBFL is to mouse 1 the survivor, then quickly go into your mouse 2 since he will recover super fast. Also, remember to let the obsession break the chain if they are healthy rather than hit them, as it is one less hit on the obsession (which takes away 2 tokens of SYBFL). You can mess around with your 4th perk. Personally, i recommend nurse's calling but its up to you. You can use monitor instead if you like.
As far as playstyle goes, it varies. For the most part, you just have to get used to him. Realize that he is a 110% killer and don't chase the same survivor too long with him. You also don't want to aim down sights for too long, because the survivor will be able to see that you are ready to shoot.
Let me know if you have any more questions. Good luck, and stay safe out there...
So I'll preface by stating I'm not exclusively a Deathslinger main (I just enjoy playing him). However, the perks I see the most on him are:
You can also bring things like BBQ, Whispers, and Discordance, though they aren't anything special to Deathslinger. Just generally solid perks for pretty much anyone.
Monitor and Abuse: is insanely powerful on him. The -8 terror radius gets you nearly into shooting range before they get heartbeat.
Surge: when you reel in a survivor and hit them without snapping the chain it's technically an m1 so it activates surge. You can also walk them towards the gen you want to effect while reeling. (Not sure if it's better than pop but I love that you don't have to drop other chases to kick a gen.
Thrilling tremors: is a good way to see which gen to sneak up on next.
Blood warden: this is just the ONLY way this perk is still usable IMO. it's tons of fun when a toxic SWF group gets 1 snagged tbagging at the gate. Then 1 or 2 try to stop you making the hook and the remaining stays at the gate. You get the hook, they hurry and borrowed time him off they all run tbagging... Into a wall. Leaving you about 40 seconds to slug, hook and drop the rest too far from the gate to crawl out. ( It is very situational lol but oh so satisfying when a toxic loss snowballs into a 3-4k in the final 60 seconds.