Dbd is running out of ideas

The new killer is.......... Not creative nor interesting. Run fast and can hit people?? We already have legion. The new survivor looks interesting, but the perks are garbage. Same goes for killer. This new chapter is disappointing.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The way he dashes in itself is unique, but the overall power is not. He seems to be moderate-high skill, average reward. It's very punishing to use. Some number tweaks would do it a world of good. It is a shame that we have another Killer who lacks creativity, even though I do enjoy his look and lore. The art and lore design of the game is always getting better and more varied, yet the gameplay design is always lagging behind. I give them credit for Pyramid Head's caging mechanic, but that's about it. The last truly unique Killer we had was Plague, maybe Deathslinger but that's debatable.

    Agreed

  • RIght now, my main concern is if they were able to break the DLC curse.

    I pray they are able to make a map that actually fun and fair for both sides, but if it's another Midwich, again, I won't be surprised.

  • You guys talking in multiple threads about the new killer, but nowhere I had found a link. Can someone throw it in my way? If bhvr is ok with it, that I guess so open it gets discussed here...

    Sounds like a intersting killer after a year of... well... maybe not so interesting killers...

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Talmeer said:

    You guys talking in multiple threads about the new killer, but nowhere I had found a link. Can someone throw it in my way? If bhvr is ok with it, that I guess so open it gets discussed here...

    Sounds like a intersting killer after a year of... well... maybe not so interesting killers...

    https://youtu.be/r5IIU6lAXio?t=195


    It should start at where he describes the power (3:15).

  • @EmpireWinner said:

    The new killer is.......... Not creative nor interesting. Run fast and can hit people?? We already have legion. The new survivor looks interesting, but the perks are garbage. Same goes for killer. This new chapter is disappointing.

    Wdym? His power is clearly inspired by creatures from horror movies that are able to bounce off walls and ceilings, however this game is limited in that regard so they turned it into something that works within the constraints of the game and honestly, it's quite interesting. Idk if it's good or not, but I like the idea.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    RIght now, my main concern is if they were able to break the DLC curse.

    I pray they are able to make a map that actually fun and fair for both sides, but if it's another Midwich, again, I won't be surprised.

    I don't believe there is a new map

  • This content has been removed.
  • @JesusOnWheels said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1549627#Comment_1549627

    What horror movie has killers running face first into walls?

    Read what I said again, please. :)

  • Thanks.

    Well. He looks really unique, but reminds me somhow strong on the harry potter games - what I have seen of them in short game-news-sequences.

    sighs Well, he seems not really what I had hope for, after the first lines I had read here in this thread.

  • @JesusOnWheels said:

    This definitely feels like lazy design.

    I'm not even that into the aesthetic like some people have said. Its just not that special.

    It feels like so many other games, and to me, it most reminds me of Fortnite and then Grounded. I'd love to see more of this:

    Screenshot (174).png

    isn't that burst of light from the completed gen so amazing? video: https://youtu.be/SYVH26EaHvA


    Just look at how these lights flicker in the distance!

    https://youtu.be/NLoLNTVgEVk?t=82

    And the moonbeams! (https://gameplay.tips/guides/362-dead-by-daylight.html).

    Moonlight on Crotus Prenn Asylum, Disturbed Ward.jpg

    Look at the shadows of the branches on this meg in this video:

    https://youtu.be/2IMaNWmPVsA

    ...and we have none of this now. Instead, we have plasticy, cartoony graphics with weird, shiny surfaces.

    I don't want a graphics update that doesn't address the aspects we've lost over the years.


  • @Talmeer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1549622#Comment_1549622

    Thanks.

    Well. He looks really unique, but reminds me somhow strong on the harry potter games - what I have seen of them in short game-news-sequences.

    sighs Well, he seems not really what I had hope for, after the first lines I had read here in this thread.

    He definitely seems very decisive and I definitely can see what you mean about the HP feel to him. So far, I've heard a few bit of things from people playing him. In the video, OhTofu went on to use is it as movement ability, but I've also have seen some people use it in a similar way to Wraith's body blocking. You can jet past the survivor, smash into the pallet and then decide to zone it or go for the lethal rush.

    Though, those yearning for a Legion 2.0 ( in a similar vein as Freddy to Clown) might be left wanting more.

  • @JesusOnWheels said:

    This definitely feels like lazy design.

    I'm not even that into the aesthetic like some people have said. Its just not that special.

    I completely agree,

  • This content has been removed.
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The way he dashes in itself is unique, but the overall power is not. He seems to be moderate-high skill, average reward. It's very punishing to use. Some number tweaks would do it a world of good. It is a shame that we have another Killer who lacks creativity, even though I do enjoy his look and lore. The art and lore design of the game is always getting better and more varied, yet the gameplay design is always lagging behind. I give them credit for Pyramid Head's caging mechanic, but that's about it. The last truly unique Killer we had was Plague, maybe Deathslinger but that's debatable.

    In a game where movement is everything, powers that incorporate mobility are on average stronger than powers without. Pyramid head for example is strong in chase, but fails ultimately against equally skilled survivors due to having no mobility. Billy has arguably a slightly weaker chase than Pyri but makes up for that by being anywhere in a matter of seconds.

    I think we shouldn't be sad about "hurr durr killur go fust" as long as the way it's done is creative and executed well. I for one praise more mobile killers coming to the roster.