Hot Take; Crossplay makes Solo even worse

Title. You either:

a. Keep it on and get matched with and against console gamers who generally hide in the corner, dont look behind them and just get themselves and by extension you, killed. The killer also is on console leading to many hits connecting tat clearly shouldn't due to the lower framerate, not to mention the average lower skill level of those on consoles due to their controll restrictions.

or b. Turn it off and be stuck in Queue Hell as you hope you get a team who is semi competent which is still not guaranteed.

tl;dr Solo is even worse now, somehow.

Comments

  • I seriously love this game, but the last two weeks has been nothing but an exercise in frustration. First the MMR which was badly implemented at the start, now crossplay and lag. Idk man, me and mine just genuinely frustrated. Steam charts says we're not alone either. https://steamcharts.com/app/381210

    I still have the rift to finish too, which I paid for, but after that I think I'm gonna take a long break. Play something else while they sort out all of this mess. Because I want to play DBD, but it's not working correctly. Devs are quiet as well.

  • This really doesn't seem much different than games i got into solo qued prior to crossplay.

  • @Eleghost said:

    This really doesn't seem much different than games i got into solo qued prior to crossplay.

    Exactly

  • Shrugs. I find it different but not better or worse. In some ways I like that there is no chat from the console players. It's blissful silence.

    I play both solo and SWF, so I would advise anyone who doesn't like solo to just switch to SWF for a bit. There's a public official Discord, so it's pretty easy to get going if you have a mic. And trust, not everyone on there is a god. There are players of all skill levels/ranks/etc.

    Contrary to popular belief, SWF isn't always a well-oiled machine.

  • Solo has always been a bad experience, imo. I haven't noticed a difference between console and PC survivors. Both have terrible players...

  • Console gamers skill is somewhat limited by them playing with a controller but that doesent mean they are bad. I have seen way worse people on pc before crossplay was out. The average skill rating seems very similiar across the platforms and i dont know why people complain so much about X side being worse.

  • As ps4 player if I didn't have another ps4 player in my lobby I was getting left on the hook if I was caught, and it wasn't because my team was busting through gens. The only escapes were when my teammates were mostly ps4 players because we'd work as a team with saves and getting gens done. Not sure why platforms outside ps4 were against helping teammates and completing gens, seemed more like they just wanted to wait out the team so they could get the hatch. Was bad experience playing solo. Happy I turned crossplay off, queues shorter than with it on and my teams actually work together.