Looping needs to go

Looping needs a replacement in the game of dead by daylight. It is boring to do and annoying to face and looks silly and cartoonish. I can't be the only one that thinks they should add a fun chase system that makes it easier for newer players to feel better and more confident in a chase instead of holding w.

I showed my friend dead by daylight the other day and he watched me loop a huntress and found it comical and laughed at the game and said it looks so bad but interesting. Kinda inspired me to make this forum, I already felt this way about loops but I have a feeling that its worse that what I think it really is. Looping really takes a chunk of the fear factor out of dbd which is supposed to be a horror game.

Comments

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1572973#Comment_1572973

    What did the killers do to you? Literally all your complaints are against the killers.

    Someone was tunneled or camped in multiple matches..

    I have nothing against killers whether they tunnel or camp. I am however against killers who have biased toward killer, or make bold claims like op did here because they are new to the game.

    Tell me if any older player says looping needs to go not like it's our ONLY DEFENSE AGAINST THE KILLER.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1572983#Comment_1572983

    I have nothing against killers whether they tunnel or camp. I am however against killers who have biased toward killer, or make bold claims like op did here because they are new to the game.

    Tell me if any older player says looping needs to go not like it's our ONLY DEFENSE AGAINST THE KILLER.

    Why would I tell you? I also disagree with the OP, looping is fine.

    I just asked you a question. You seem to only play as a survivor and you never see the killer side.

    You should leave survivor mode for a while, in case you're playing solo survivor, that can be stressful.

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1573019#Comment_1573019

    Why would I tell you? I also disagree with the OP, looping is fine.

    I just asked you a question. You seem to only play as a survivor and you never see the killer side.

    You should leave survivor mode for a while, in case you're playing solo survivor, that can be stressful.

    I asked do you think any older player thinks looping needs to go. Also I never assumed you agreed with op in the first place you arent dumb not are you oblivious to the survivor side.

    I do play killer actually I prefer survivor yes but I do play killer. Alot of oni but I've had fun playing legion and slinger so I have played them recently.

    Solo surv is stressful really stressful I had to leave that for a bit.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1572983#Comment_1572983

    I have nothing against killers whether they tunnel or camp. I am however against killers who have biased toward killer, or make bold claims like op did here because they are new to the game.

    Tell me if any older player says looping needs to go not like it's our ONLY DEFENSE AGAINST THE KILLER.

    Nice assumption that I'm new to the game. Or that I only play killer. I never said they need to get rid of loops. It gets boring, and depending on the map, you may end up in an endless loop. Looping needs to evolve.

  • @Mozzie said:

    So I agree with both sides of this argument. On one hand survivors need methods to slow down and stun killers, on the other running around an ambulance in circles until finally dropping a conveniently placed pallet in the middle of a street looks absolutely ridiculous.

    The balance between these ideas is that pallets should be replaced with other items within the environment. Hit a killer with an item to make them stunned and if it's a really good item and a well placed hit get a longer stun and even fall down steps. Barricade off a door with a couch that the killer has to slowly break through. Ya know, the things you'd actually see in a horror movie, not a looney tunes cartoon. The reality is none of that would ever happen in this game. It's growing long in the tooth by now and this change would require the making of many more interactive assets across all maps and isn't going to give what these developers want....more money.

    I totally agree with you. I've always thought that stunning a powerful killer with a piece of wood so obvious that he could easily throw away or break at any moment between or before chases was ridiculous.

    That Chinese game (Soul at stake) does it a little better with survivors closing doors to slow the killer down. And I think that the new breakable walls they're implementing could be a nice approach in that direction.

  • @MustacheMicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1573019#Comment_1573019

    Nice assumption that I'm new to the game. Or that I only play killer. I never said they need to get rid of loops. It gets boring, and depending on the map, you may end up in an endless loop. Looping needs to evolve.

    That sounds better looping needs to evolve is a much better way of thinking. Only a new player would think the most interaction of the game needs to go. Come on now it wasn't that far fetched.

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    If the survivors had to hide from the killer the game would be boring

    amm... thats the point.... you see that button you use to T-BAG? thats for stealthing... looping is just something that accours cause the devs have'nt found a way to avoid it yet.

  • @Jynmaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1544556#Comment_1544556

    amm... thats the point.... you see that button you use to T-BAG? thats for stealthing... looping is just something that accours cause the devs have'nt found a way to avoid it yet.

    true dev said looping was not plan for the game was mostly for stealth survivor don't get that tho.

1 2 ›