Help with head on times

I've been using head on recently and I've only successfully stunned the killer a few times.

Alot of the time, I would get in the locker but get grabbed out before head on is activated.

I mainly use it when I've just been hit and I'm running to a locker e.g shack. But 3 seconds is alot of time in dbd and I never get 3 seconds of distance.

Am I using head on inefficiently or am I just not using it at the right time?

Thank you :)))

Comments

  • The best way to do it is to run it with Quick & Quiet, break line of sight and silently fast vault into the locker. The killer will usually take a couple of seconds to catch up and look around quickly, they won’t usually search lockers immediately since the animation takes a couple of seconds and you feel kinda dumb when you check an empty locker.

  • Use it as a team and help each other out and coordinate certain main buildings or looping areas, it can be alot of fun that way but will get you killed if you get carried away or aren't smart about how you use it think of it like the locker is your pallet when you've got other people running it

  • @xenotimebong said:

    The best way to do it is to run it with Quick & Quiet, break line of sight and silently fast vault into the locker. The killer will usually take a couple of seconds to catch up and look around quickly, they won’t usually search lockers immediately since the animation takes a couple of seconds and you feel kinda dumb when you check an empty locker.

    I use quick and quiet but I end up using it mid chase and it dosnt recharge before I reach a locker.

    But using quick and quiet to hide and then get away, what's the point of having head on if you ain't going to stun?

  • @The_Krapper said:

    Use it as a team and help each other out and coordinate certain main buildings or looping areas, it can be alot of fun that way but will get you killed if you get carried away or aren't smart about how you use it think of it like the locker is your pallet when you've got other people running it

    So it's kind of useless on a solo queue?

  • @xXCAM3R0NXx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1541952#Comment_1541952

    I use quick and quiet but I end up using it mid chase and it dosnt recharge before I reach a locker.

    But using quick and quiet to hide and then get away, what's the point of having head on if you ain't going to stun?

    You don’t use it to hide, but making the killer briefly question where you went gives you enough time to charge it. As soon as you see that they’re about to check the locker, you stun them and run.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1541966#Comment_1541966

    You don’t use it to hide, but making the killer briefly question where you went gives you enough time to charge it. As soon as you see that they’re about to check the locker, you stun them and run.

    Ohhh okayy thank youuu

  • @xXCAM3R0NXx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1541952#Comment_1541952

    I use quick and quiet but I end up using it mid chase and it dosnt recharge before I reach a locker.

    But using quick and quiet to hide and then get away, what's the point of having head on if you ain't going to stun?

    In that kind of scenario, it's more of a safety net. You'll loop around to cover the area in scratch marks, then jump into the locker. It takes 7 seconds for the marks to dissipate, and might confuse the killer.

    Either they'll walk away looking for you, or do a double take and guess the locker, then you jump out. In both those situations, you're buying more time for yourself/team.

    Just make sure to do it within 15 seconds. If not, then a crow will perch on the locker and your head on will deactivate.

  • No it's not useless I'm just saying it's more fun in a group and you can do more with it