Killers Don’t Have to Play Crossplay
In case you forgot, as a killer, you have instant queues with or without crossplay.
Just remember your role is the high turnover-high demand role in the game. You have the power the choose to play crossplay, either way you will always find fast lobbies.
If you feel like you’ve had enough of PC players or console players (depending on your platform) you can always turn OFF crossplay and then turn it back on whenever you want.
Comments
Those of us on console, yeah. On PC I'm pretty sure the killer queue takes longer.
Killer queues are only longer in the morning from 8 A.M. PST until 1 P.M. PST. After that the queues for killer drop significantly for the rest of the 20 hours of the day. Even on PC.
afaik not true for the majority of PC players. Personally I used to have ~10 minutes killer queues unless I played in the late evening/night, crossplay is a literal godsend to me, because I can finally play killer at normal hours.
I turned off cross play on PC and had less than 5 minute que. Same on survivor side. I'm very happy about that.
As for the sweatier players turning off cross play, it seems to be no difference. Played 8 survivor matches with 6 hardcore campers and 2 non-campers. No difference there. Played only 5 killer matches so far, but will be playing all day on killer. Thus far, 2 SWFs, one sweaty. All 3-4k matches, but much more challenging than the console potato farming.
I turned off crossplay on ps4, survivor and killer waits are only a minute or two. Also have yet to play with/against same players so decent number playing with crossplay off.
For me, queues were 5-6 mins till 8 pm EST, and then instant at 10 ish. Though I got used to it, I never played more than 3 or so rounds. I'm pretty stoked about being able to play mid day and easily play twice as much rounds in the same amount of time.