Devs, clarify something for me, please

Now that crossplay has been implemented, how do we know if a player is console or pc? I've heard conflicting things on different Twitch streams.

I first heard that a globe next to a player's name indicates they are console.

I then heard that the globe signifies anyone who is on a different platform than you. So in other words, if I play as a survivor on PS4 and the other survivors are an Xbox player, a pc player, and another PS4 player, then the Xbox player and the the PC player will show a globe, but not the other PS4 player.

Which, if either, is correct?

What exactly does the globe indicate?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • The globe indicates they're different to your current platform.

    If you're on steam and they're on Windows Store or switch, they'd still have a globe.

    You're on PS4 and see a globe? Could be any platform.

    Not a dev but I hope I could help.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    The globe indicates they're different to your current platform.

    If you're on steam and they're on Windows Store or switch, they'd still have a globe.

    You're on PS4 and see a globe? Could be any platform.

    Not a dev but I hope I could help.

    Thanks for commenting! I hope you're right. It sounds like it would be because that seems like the easiest way to code.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    Now that crossplay has been implemented, how do we know if a player is console or pc? I've heard conflicting things on different Twitch streams.

    I first heard that a globe next to a player's name indicates they are console.

    I then heard that the globe signifies anyone who is on a different platform than you. So in other words, if I play as a survivor on PS4 and the other survivors are an Xbox player, a pc player, and another PS4 player, then the Xbox player and the the PC player will show a globe, but not the other PS4 player.

    Which, if either, is correct?

    What exactly does the globe indicate?

    Globe means it is a different plattform then yours.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536111#Comment_1536111

    Thanks for commenting! I hope you're right. It sounds like it would be because that seems like the easiest way to code.

    That seems to be my initial experience thus far

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    The globe indicates they're different to your current platform.

    If you're on steam and they're on Windows Store or switch, they'd still have a globe.

    You're on PS4 and see a globe? Could be any platform.

    Not a dev but I hope I could help.

    yip this is 100% correct. There's no way to identify which platform specifically someone is playing on, but the globe icon shows that it's a player that's on a different platform to you.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536111#Comment_1536111

    yip this is 100% correct. There's no way to identify which platform specifically someone is playing on, but the globe icon shows that it's a player that's on a different platform to you.

    Hey, thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to answer!