Crossplay Platform Identifiers?

Are there/Will there be special identifiers for players or is the globe all we get?

Comments

  • No, so killers won’t dodge lobbies.

  • @FreakPrince said:

    No, so killers won’t dodge lobbies.

    Oh that makes sense oh well

  • @FreakPrince said:

    No, so killers won’t dodge lobbies.

    Why would the killer doge a lobby due to crossplay?

  • I'm playing on the switch and see 4 pc Blendette's survivors.

    That should explain what many people would be like.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536073#Comment_1536073

    I'm playing on the switch and see 4 pc Blendette's survivors.

    That should explain what many people would be like.

    If you saw those survivors would you dodge regardless of their platform?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536073#Comment_1536073

    I'm playing on the switch and see 4 pc Blendette's survivors.

    That should explain what many people would be like.

    Okay I feel really stupid - but I would, as a survivor even, avoid a 3 or even 2 blendette.

    I can't understand why seeing a crossplay of one or another would make a killer dodge. I would think it would just be the blendettes full stop.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536077#Comment_1536077

    If you saw those survivors would you dodge regardless of their platform?

    No not really. If I'm playing on PC I'll sit through it because I've got shadows set to minimum and AA off. On switch I can do neither and when I tell you they're invisible I promise they're actually invisible.

    @MaybeShesCrazy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536077#Comment_1536077

    Okay I feel really stupid - but I would, as a survivor even, avoid a 3 or even 2 blendette.

    I can't understand why seeing a crossplay of one or another would make a killer dodge. I would think it would just be the blendettes full stop.

    As a Blendette main myself (when I play survivor that is lol) I feel personally attacked.

    Edit: Also the fact that consoles have inferior graphics and fps, making tracking significantly harder than it'll be on, say, a pc. Higher frames for them also means that they'll be able to spin and hide better than you'll be able to spin and track.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536080#Comment_1536080

    No not really. If I'm playing on PC I'll sit through it because I've got shadows set to minimum and AA off. On switch I can do neither and when I tell you they're invisible I promise they're actually invisible.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536084#Comment_1536084

    As a Blendette main myself (when I play survivor that is lol) I feel personally attacked.

    Edit: Also the fact that consoles have inferior graphics and fps, making tracking significantly harder than it'll be on, say, a pc. Higher frames for them also means that they'll be able to spin and hide better than you'll be able to spin and track.

    I'm sorry - you know I love you. XOXO ... even if you do play a blendette xo I accept you for who you are. Fully.

    But two of you is too much in one game lol 🤗

    Thank you. :-) as now I get it. I've never played on a console - ever - so I have no reference to the differences. That makes perfect sense!

  • @MaybeShesCrazy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536090#Comment_1536090

    I'm sorry - you know I love you. XOXO ... even if you do play a blendette xo I accept you for who you are. Fully.

    But two of you is too much in one game lol 🤗

    Thank you. :-) as now I get it. I've never played on a console - ever - so I have no reference to the differences. That makes perfect sense!

    Okay so for some clarification about console (or my limited experience with switch):

    - On PC I run at 60fps and could easily hit 144 despite running at over clocked graphics (I call it ultra plus). On switch I run at 15-20.

    - Facing an oni, spirit, or playing on Lèry's/Ormond/Midwich/Hawkins kills my switch. My pc stays at 60 and is fine.

    - Maps are so dark on switch. The game, Sanctum of Wrath, Family Residence; good luck seeing anything. On PC I can customise my shadow quality to ensure that I can see things with my ######### up eyesight.


    On PC I can deal with Blendette squads. I may have difficulty seeing them but that's because of my eyes and once I've started a chase it's rare I'll lose it. On switch I can't see a pink claudette next to me let alone blendie in a Bush. On switch I have input delay and joy-con drift and get spun easily. On pc I have a mouse that's wired and fixes all my issues.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536116#Comment_1536116

    Okay so for some clarification about console (or my limited experience with switch):

    - On PC I run at 60fps and could easily hit 144 despite running at over clocked graphics (I call it ultra plus). On switch I run at 15-20.

    - Facing an oni, spirit, or playing on Lèry's/Ormond/Midwich/Hawkins kills my switch. My pc stays at 60 and is fine.

    - Maps are so dark on switch. The game, Sanctum of Wrath, Family Residence; good luck seeing anything. On PC I can customise my shadow quality to ensure that I can see things with my ######### up eyesight.

    On PC I can deal with Blendette squads. I may have difficulty seeing them but that's because of my eyes and once I've started a chase it's rare I'll lose it. On switch I can't see a pink claudette next to me let alone blendie in a Bush. On switch I have input delay and joy-con drift and get spun easily. On pc I have a mouse that's wired and fixes all my issues.

    Switch does not sound like something I'd wish to play on. Especially with limited areas to correct if your vision is messed up. :-(