Hag: What determines which way you're facing when you teleport?
Sometimes you teleport and M1 instantly to get a hit, sometimes they're 10m away even if you teleport instantly, sometimes you teleport and you're facing a wall or something and the survivor is behind you, etc.
How is this supposed to work? Are there tricks?
Thanks.
Comments
Pretty sure it's where the survivor is when you start the teleport animation.
I think it is the way you're facing when you plant them
The trap has a fairly wide range. If the survivor sets it off right on the edge of the range and immediately turns and runs away, you won’t be close enough to hit them even if you teleport instantly. I use this trick against Hags quite often if I know where a trap is.
When you teleport to a triggered trap you should always be facing the survivor. If you are not or they are far away when you teleport, it could be your addons are triggering the trap when the survivor gets within a certain radius of it, and not when they are actually stepping on it.
The phantasm tracks the survivor, but latency will play a large role in a hag's trap trigger and teleportation timing along with where the survivor is when it all happens.
I have been running trap range add-ons. It's weird that they have add-ons that are effectively nerfs. I will test without them, thanks.
When a survivor activate the trap the hag husk rotate to face the direction of the survivor. When you teleport you face that direction.