I feel like dying light would be better if...
It worked like STBFL. With stfbl, you keep youre stacks when the obsession is dead. However with dying all stacks are gone. I feel like this perk would be more viable if it worked like that and you could keep your stacks after the obsessions death
Comments
well clearly the devs think that it is already op, why else would they buff the obsession?
So you would be unable to gain stacks but you'd have what you got?
That'd be neat.
I think another good change would be to remove the altruistic speed buff to the obsession. The obsession would still be unaffected but it means they don't start with an advantage.
I can't wait for hellraid, I think I might spend more time on that game in a couple of days at least until they fix this mmr situation.
That's how it use to work. Kill your obsession and get an immediate gen slowdown. No one liked being tunneled and mori'd out of the match so the perk itself was changed and it also conflicted with PWYF since it caused it to stop working. A fix was to leave the obsession alone altogether so all perks had synergy while keeping close to what they all did witbout needing to obliterate the obsession.
This suggestions keeps getting repeated again and again. And I honestly don't understand why people think that would be good thing or necessary. If the obsession is dead, you only have three survs left to manage, which is BY FAR easier than handling all four (you could see it as a constant, unchangable 25% debuff for ALL survivor actions). Why do you still need your DL stacks then? If you play it right (which is not that difficult in this situation), the remaining likely won't get another gen done, esp if you had many stacks before.
Also, it's not like you hadn't any control over the obsessions death. So if you feel you still need the stacks, don't hook the obsession, but slug it, and hook / kill the others first.
You can slug the obsession but if you're playing against a super-tryhard SWF the obsession will be all like TACTICAL DISCONNECT, INCOMING!!!!!!! and DC to shut off your perk once it's obvious you're not hooking the obsession and slugging him to try to keep him alive but off gens. (With OG Dying Light a obsession DC screws the survivors over, which is how the game should be. Quitting a match should never give your team a competitive advantage ever.)
As badly-designed the OG Dying Light was (Kill obsession, 25% debuff on everyone else) I liked how evil the concept was (One survivor is given the gift of fast healing and unhooking, but is marked for death and if he dies, everyone else is punished for the obsession's failure at staying alive) and it was also a hard hit for the remaining survivors.
On a side note, this also means running obsession perks as a survivor is ALMOST ALWAYS a good thing, as almost every single killer obsession perk revolves around keeping the obsession alive in some way or another. The only 2 perks where it's "bad" to be the obsession is Remember Me (Obsession can get the doors, killer gets stacks when hitting you so he's encouraged to tunnel) and Rancor (You're given the gift of seeing the killer's aura after each generator popped, but the killer can insta-down and mori you after the final generator is complete. Even then many killers will ignore the Rancor obsession until the end because they want that mori.)
I'd rather be tunneled out of the game as a Dying Light obsession so I can enter a new match than be slugged in the corner of the map with Knockout for like 90% of my bleedout bar before the killer finally starts hooking me. Both suck, just one is quick the other takes ages.
The catch, I think, is that Save The Best For Last's stacks can be lost during the match while Dying Light's can't. If you're using STBFL, then you gain or lose stacks based on of you hit the Obsession. Dying Light, hitting or hooking the Obsessing does nothing unless they die. Until that happens, any stacks you gain, you keep and cannot lose. I think DL would need a similar mechanic to justify keeping any stacks in the event of the Obsession's death.
Save the Best For Last can fluctuate, but Dying Light is all or nothing.
So what if the obession DC's? Then there are only 3 survs left, making it so much more easier so you don't need the DL stacks anymore. That's my whole point! They don't gat a "combatitive advantage" from that, since loosing a surv is worse by far than gettint rid of DL stacks from it. Esp. since the obsession is not under the effect, so it is extra dumb to dc.
With slugging I meant explicitly not killing the obession of with the last hook. Of course you can hook her twice ...