I would like some answers.

Alright so I am a "old" dbd player. I played this game for the first time in 2017 when a friend of mine gave me his gaming laptop (it was a trade) I played it for like a month then I never touched the game until april 2020. When I came back the game had LOTS of new stuff added which I like honestly, but I do not understand why they added things like dedicated servers and now this matchmaking, they both suck. I mean the old servers were fine and also the old matchmaking was fine. Now maybe I'm just an idiot but can someone explain why did they do this changes that in my opinion weren't necessary? I mean I see lots of people complaining about it. Thanks in advance for the answers.

Comments

  • Dedicated servers were implemented because people (Killers) used to dodge lobbies and it’d just sent Survivors back to the “Searching for a game” screen. This wait time was atrocious and it was a hassle having to constantly get kicked from the game lobby to the search lobby.


    Matchmaking was implemented because, wel nobody really knows lol. I’m going to assume because Devs were attempting to make it easier for new players to get into the game. Also the MM was still bad before so they were trying to fix it. The only issue is that it seems it made it worse.

  • @Unicorn said:

    Dedicated servers were implemented because people (Killers) used to dodge lobbies and it’d just sent Survivors back to the “Searching for a game” screen. This wait time was atrocious and it was a hassle having to constantly get kicked from the game lobby to the search lobby.

    Matchmaking was implemented because, wel nobody really knows lol. I’m going to assume because Devs were attempting to make it easier for new players to get into the game. Also the MM was still bad before so they were trying to fix it. The only issue is that it seems it made it worse.

    Ah yes, killers fault for dedicated servers. Okay

  • Oh look, here comes the “offended for nothing” bus.

  • @Cutiaddu said:

    Alright so I am a "old" dbd player. I played this game for the first time in 2017 when a friend of mine gave me his gaming laptop (it was a trade) I played it for like a month then I never touched the game until april 2020. When I came back the game had LOTS of new stuff added which I like honestly, but I do not understand why they added things like dedicated servers and now this matchmaking, they both suck. I mean the old servers were fine and also the old matchmaking was fine. Now maybe I'm just an idiot but can someone explain why did they do this changes that in my opinion weren't necessary? I mean I see lots of people complaining about it. Thanks in advance for the answers.

    Desicated servers where added to make the Loby research easyer and not send survivors back on main screen whenever a killer dodged, but also to avoid killers that would abuse the non-servers and lag switch as they wished to win. People complained abiut it, devs did something, now they still complain

    @Unicorn MMR was added because people couldnt stop complaining about the rank system as ranks 10 still fought against rank 1-4 since it was easy to rank up, MMR should settle it back to be more fair (but it doesnt work as intended, cause i think it came too soon with not enough data to prerank everyone, on pc at least, dont remember many.complains on Xbox till now)

  • @ObscurityDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/180416/i-would-like-some-answers

    Desicated servers where added to make the Loby research easyer and not send survivors back on main screen whenever a killer dodged, but also to avoid killers that would abuse the non-servers and lag switch as they wished to win. People complained abiut it, devs did something, now they still complain

    @Unicorn MMR was added because people couldnt stop complaining about the rank system as ranks 10 still fought against rank 1-4 since it was easy to rank up, MMR should settle it back to be more fair (but it doesnt work as intended, cause i think it came too soon with not enough data to prerank everyone, on pc at least, dont remember many.complains on Xbox till now)

    Thank you for correcting/adding to my response. Very much appreciated. 💜

  • I think they only meant that because the connection was made at the Killers side (PtP) if the connection was bad, for whatever reason, it caused issues for everyone and if the killer got booted - or left - the way it worked for looking for a new match made it slower and more cumbersome. Also relying on PtP for group games can put a strain on one person's resources.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520614#Comment_1520614

    Thank you for correcting/adding to my response. Very much appreciated. 💜

    Its rare to see some appretiation over there, thanks a lot

    And no worries, gotta share the infos 👍

  • @MaybeShesCrazy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520541#Comment_1520541

    I think they only meant that because the connection was made at the Killers side (PtP) if the connection was bad, for whatever reason, it caused issues for everyone and if the killer got booted - or left - the way it worked for looking for a new match made it slower and more cumbersome. Also relying on PtP for group games can put a strain on one person's resources.

    Don’t bother, this person just wanted a reason to be confrontational as every other negative-nelly on this forum.

  • @ObscurityDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520616#Comment_1520616

    Its rare to see some appretiation over there, thanks a lot

    And no worries, gotta share the infos 👍

    Gotta appreciate the helpful side of the community. They’re very rare 💜


    You’re absolutely welcome ^_^

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520633#Comment_1520633

    Gotta appreciate the helpful side of the community. They’re very rare 💜

    You’re absolutely welcome ^_^

    Guess people prefer to cry over the forum rather then helping each other hahaha

    But were going a bit out of the topic i think 🤔

  • @ObscurityDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520642#Comment_1520642

    Guess people prefer to cry over the forum rather then helping each other hahaha

    But were going a bit out of the topic i think 🤔

    This is true


    & oop! We are D;


    *poofs leaving a glitter cloud in the topic*

  • Thanks for the answers guys, I appreciate it. I have another question, why are grabs bugged? Is it because of dedicated servers or were them always like this? I can't remember

  • @Cutiaddu said:

    Oh I see, well that makes sense but I do not understand a thing... Was the killer the host of the game? I mean it makes no sense that if the killer quits the entire lobby is sent back to the research menu

    Exactly the killer was hosting the game. So if their connection gets interrupted or there is an issue - the whole game went back to the start. It's part of the way PtP functions. It's literally a peer to peer connection. Yu may have had a stable connection etc so it didn't impact your games, but others had a lot of issues sadly.

    Having dedicated servers can have it's own problems, but. it is far more stable than relying on PtP alone.

  • @Cutiaddu said:

    Thanks for the answers guys, I appreciate it. I have another question, why are grabs bugged? Is it because of dedicated servers or were them always like this? I can't remember

    Yes, I believe Dedicated servers are the reason. It doesn’t register in time that you grabbed the Survivor even though the animation freezes like it, although I run into this bug very rarely if I’m playing a stealth killer.

  • I see, thanks for the answers everyone, see you in the fog.

  • @Cutiaddu said:

    Thanks for the answers guys, I appreciate it. I have another question, why are grabs bugged? Is it because of dedicated servers or were them always like this? I can't remember

    Deducated servers yeah...and some survivors can use it pretty well to avoid getting grabed or vug you so be carefull