Why does the MMR story keep changing?

So I’m sure the mods won’t reply, I mean they may have been told not to for all I know, but for anyone still defending the MMR let’s do a quick summary of the stories so far...

First, MMR was running in the background, a mod actually said this in one of my threads when I asked if everyone would “start at zero,” when MMR began.

Then it changed to, MMR was running but isn’t being used for these initial matches (huh) so it’ll take approximately 10 games as survivor or 10 games per killer to work itself out and place you appropriately.

Now it’s going to take two weeks to start evening out, what is that based on? Playing 1 game a day, 10 games a day, huh.

I for one cant wait to see the excuse in September... my guess is they’ll claim it was all starting to even out but somehow reset for the month like old matchmaking did... anyone else wanna make a prediction?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I can say with certainty that it is working in general. I pretty much only got rank 1 BNP DS/BT/Unbreakable sweat squads on Hag last night.I'm getting a decent mix of survivors on Billy, a killer I'm far, far less skilled with.

  • The only thing MMR has done was fix survivor queue times.

    Do you remember that triangle where the devs showed the significance of a problem queue times were the most important. Next to balanced matches and I forget the third one.

    MMR is just faster survivor queues, go back a year or so and look at their triangle example.

  • Honestly i feel the developers are just straight up either


    A.) Scared to admit this system didn't track our progress over the past months as lets be honest it 100% didn't

    B.) They are sitting back hoping for a miracle and that the system can somehow pull it back and start working correctly.


    It could be both at this point.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    The only thing MMR has done was fix survivor queue times.

    Do you remember that triangle where the devs showed the significance of a problem queue times were the most important. Next to balanced matches and I forget the third one.

    MMR is just faster survivor queues, go back a year or so and look at their triangle example.

    @MonsterInMyMind said:

    Honestly i feel the developers are just straight up either

    A.) Scared to admit this system didn't track our progress over the past months as lets be honest it 100% didn't

    B.) They are sitting back hoping for a miracle and that the system can somehow pull it back and start working correctly.

    It could be both at this point.

    Look, I know we all want "fair games," somewhat quickly, with decent PING right??? But if the Devs would just admit, "hey we can't figure this out so we're just going to do totally random matchmaking, basically first come first serve," I would respect that honesty a whole lot more than this rubbish they've been trying to push.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1515759#Comment_1515759

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1515765#Comment_1515765

    Look, I know we all want "fair games," somewhat quickly, with decent PING right??? But if the Devs would just admit, "hey we can't figure this out so we're just going to do totally random matchmaking, basically first come first serve," I would respect that honesty a whole lot more than this rubbish they've been trying to push.

    Oh im with you on that id have more respect from the developers if they just admitted hey the system is not working correctly like i wouldn't even be upset about it id be like cool so how to we fix this or are we gonna have to play for months for it to auto fix but sadly i feel they are scared of backlash.

  • If you think about it all the answers may be correct in a sense.

    The mmr may have been running for a while in the background but how many played in that time period?

    Then you have the 10 game system which sets your initial mmr but that can change over time and it highly depends on your opponents level of play so imo that would take a lot longer to settle. If you did really well in those games and received a higher mmr rating and get pitted versus much better players it should then slowly lower over time.

    We also have to take into account swf which I would think as before should get matched with the highest mmr rated player so playing solo we may find lower mmr players in a given game.

    Personally I think 2 weeks is a much more reasonable time frame for any system like this as it really can't be done 100% over x amount of matches for the whole userbase in a day or two. That always seemed unrealistic to myself.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1515779#Comment_1515779

    Oh im with you on that id have more respect from the developers if they just admitted hey the system is not working correctly like i wouldn't even be upset about it id be like cool so how to we fix this or are we gonna have to play for months for it to auto fix but sadly i feel they are scared of backlash.

    Right, I wouldn't be that upset. I mean I'll always be disappointing if we don't get close to fair games but meh at this point I can accept just trying to have fun with whatever.

  • Probably because it is broken and the devs are hoping everything will magically sort itself out.

  • I think it's time BHVR stops blatantly insulting our intelligence, and be transparent with us.

    @Peanits @not_Queen