Does MMR Reset/Decay?

Will you be stuck in place forever as Survivor and X Killer?

Comments

  • I wonder this as well.

    What will happen with rank reset now? Does it reset MMR separately ?

  • That’s a great question and I hope somebody comes to clarify.

    That said, here’s my opinion of how it works (from a killer standpoint). I believe the MMR aggregates ratings from multiple different criteria: kill ratio, match length, chase length, etc. I would assume one of those criteria is time since you last played a certain killer, or amount played in a certain timeframe. That way, if you haven’t played huntress in a month, yet are highly skilled — and you do several matches daily with Ghostface, your huntress matches will pair you with lower skill survivors. At least until you increase your consistency with huntress again.

    This is all my guess - everything. But it makes sense to me.

  • Maybe the monthly reset will affect Decay? Or maybe if it'll start decreasing passively if you're not play one side or another for a certain amount of time? We don't know. BHVR won't give much details on their new MMR system because it'd open up player exploitation.

  • @Raccoon said:

    Will you be stuck in place forever as Survivor and X Killer?

    I believe it reduces a certain amount after a time but never goes back to 0. Not decay, per say, but a decrease in points for the MMR system after a period of time.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    Maybe the monthly reset will affect Decay? Or maybe if it'll start decreasing passively if you're not play one side or another for a certain amount of time? We don't know. BHVR won't give much details on their new MMR system because it'd open up player exploitation.

    they're gonna do that anyways

  • Given enough time, yeah definitely. Still won't stop BHVR for being silent about it, though.