Creative Stagnation
I feel like this game is starting to stagnate when it comes to mechanical creativity since every Killer has to be balanced around "How well they can run around a pallet".
The only reason the Nurse is Queen of the Killers is because she can ingore that mechanic entirely. Perhaps its time to look into a better game mechanic then "Run in Circles"
Comments
Yeah, it has been a sideeffect because of the changed hitboxes and for over a year we have to deal with this "accidential feature" now
No. Its pretty much the foundation of the game. The entire game is built around Chasing Someone around a Pallet or a loop. Everything else is just holding Mouse 1 or hitting a skill check.
Das a check mate
I would say both. Feature can apply to many things. And a mechanic or piece of a working system...seems to apply here I suppose too. (Although, I'm sure you were thinking of something specific when you stated earlier.)
Ah, the "chase".....the supposed "main event" of the game. It is at the heart of both the popular enjoyment, and absolute frustration of the players it seems.(For differing reasons.)
Perhaps they should expand on the chase then so we can get new types of Killer's with really interesting mechanics. At the moment the most unique thing we have is The Nurse.