Clown's much needed buff

If a survivor is in the gas cloud for a certain duration they should become injured and while they've been injured by the gas cloud their vision is slightly distorted until they are healed or have been hit by clown.

OR

While affected by the gas survivors movements are inverted

Comments

  • I mean I have seen rank one Clown's so he's not as bad as they claim. I do agree though that a small buff is in order but I think your suggestions would be to OP...

  • he needs a buff but thats op

  • Or give him a second ability:

    Allow the Clown to trap the windows/pallets/generators/exit gates with afterpiece tonic. If survivor will interact with it, than it will blow out the gas and give survivors the same disadvantages like bottles.

  • Clown need a buff but i think invert control is to oo XD my idea is when a survivor is in the smoke he should be able to use the action button that mean no dead hard no vault no pallet drop just like when doctor hit you with the shock therapy

  • I don't see how either option is op

  • Hey @DudeDelicious what are your thoughts on this?

  • What if he could chuck bottles at a downed survivor to put them to sleep, preventing them from doing or seeing anything for like 15 seconds? Can't re-apply it, so no perma-sleep. Could be a decent counter to Unbreakable and SWF.

    Or maybe if you take too many bottle hits you become exhausted/have your exhaustion timer refreshed? No big deal if you don't run any exhaustion perks, but could create some fun times, I think.

  • @DisrepectfulBadBoy said:

    Balloons on Gens, thats all I'm saying is needed

    Actually... what if there WERE balloons on the gens, and if you failed a skillcheck they'd pop, releasing a cloud of his gas, but extra powerful?

  • Oh my...that inverted controls reminds me of why I hate fighting Rey on star wars battlefront 2...oh god please no


    Side note that would be an evil buff.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    Or give him a second ability:

    Allow the Clown to trap the windows/pallets/generators/exit gates with aftertonic tonic. If survivor will interact with it, than it will blow out the gas and give survivors the same disadvantages like bottles.


    So you want Last Year The Nightmare

  • Didn't you hear? Clown is underrated, and is secretly a strong killer, according to the devs.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1503953#Comment_1503953

    Far too OP.

    If it’s any consolation to the o.p. I used to think the same until I had Clown figured out.

    An interesting buff would be that generators inside the cloud have the ruin effect. Auto regress and faster regress rate

    You could maybe even let it stack with ruin.

    I don't really know the duration of the clouds but being able to shave a couple of seconds of gens and not having to worry about kicking them would help him a lot i feel

  • Option 1 is too powerful, since your only options are to camp pallets and get poisoned or run away and get hit.

    Option 2 literally would not work. Inverted controls on console are one thing, but one PC it's just completely untenable.