Would people be happy with candyman?

I remember a lot of people were against candyman and viewed him as bland, he is pretty cool in my opinion and he could be the first killer to speak in English when stunned or during his mori.

Comments

  • No because no one except americans knows who he is. Just the name sounds so childish, or perhaps like an adult who "loves" children. No don't want him.

  • Yes, I really want to see a bee-based power and potential chase music being his whispers.

    i didn’t know him or his films before DbD speculations, but just from those speculations i see big potential and that he is a valid request for DbD (And definitely not bland at all)

  • @Dabihwow said:

    I would be very happy if Candyman was in DBD, why? Because he's a very unique and has made history in the horror genre. What I mean is that he is the very first African American slasher to have ever existed, now I know it does sound a bit over dramatic but put this way I tried to find slashers before candyman who were African American and came up empty, he is a very cool slasher hes just not as popular as some of the others

    I always kind of hoped for a voodoo man like in The Serpent and the Rainbow. It’s not slasher horror but a horror all it’s own but I don’t think it would really work for DBD

    that movie scared the hell of me as a kid.

  • @ggezbaby said:

    he's awesome. a lot of ppl aren't cultured, they're more interested in horror figures that are more mainstream, because they don't know how to like things without other people telling them it's cool lol

    anyway - he'd be great in the game! as would anyone else :)

    So, in that case Mick Taylor should be added and a lot of people aren't cultured for knowing a cult classic Australian horror film.

    I go through a LOT of horror media, and Candyman has come up once in about 15 years for me.


    It's the same argument as WORLD series baseball only having American teams.

    I also don't see how a psychological horror character works in a more action/slasher focused title like DbD. Pig was a stretch with the body horror and stealthy kidnappings playing the part for the game, but I always felt that the SAW franchise was more about the ideology and psychology. Well, it was for the first 3 films anyway.

  • He would definitely fit the DBD universe, a lot more than Chucky or Xenomorph.

  • I'd rather have grudge/the ring before candyman. Much more iconic in my opinion

  • I trust in behaviour to make him look cool however I wouldn’t be hyped.

  • I didnt know who he was until people wanted him in DBD for chapter 16... then I watched the movie and it was... really meh at best.

    I would actually prefer Springtrap or Slender to Candyman.

  • I think Candyman would be great killer to have in the game.

1 2 ›