Is there any chance that the skin of the Minotaur will change?
First of all: This is (at least imo) the best skin in this game. Honestly I just love the way it looks. Amazing! 10/10. But what's my problem then? I can tell you that -> Wasted potential. That's basically my only problem with this "legendary skin".
It feels like Oni just put on a Minotaur costume. Is that really the point behind legendary skins? I don't think so. I can list a few things you could have done, even though you'll probably never see this thread:
- Why does he hold his sword like a samurai? I honestly don't think he should. Besides, imo it would've been better to give him an axe instead of a sword.
- The Demon Dash. Cmon. He's a Minotaur. Make him dash like one (if possible somehow).
- The typical Oni scream. Just give him a badass Minotaur scream. Honestly his other sounds should change too.
- Last but not least: His Kanabo. Why does a Minotaur use a kanabo? You could easily switch this weapon.
Maybe you think that this is all too much, but is it really? I don't think so. For 10 bucks we can buy an entire DLC with a new killer + new survivor. If we spend 15 bucks on a skin... a LEGENDARY SKIN... then it should be a little something, don't you think?
@Peanits @not_Queen - Is there any chance that you can make this skin more... special?
Comments
I doubt anything will happen. It'd not be like BHVR to do that. They're fishing, or testing the waters, for players willing to throw $15 at them. If enough people do, they'll add even more $15 skins that have nothing special about them besides costing $15.
Unironically vote with your wallet. If the cosmetic is not selling well, they may consider making better quality legendaries in the future.
The only thing that would change should've been his lobby animations, as that's the only difference that came with Lisa's legendary set for Cheryl. So it's a mystery why Oni didn't get the same treatment.
His sword would have to stay roughly the same. Even if he did get an axe of sorts, it would still have to share the same animations as his sword, and wielding an axe as such would look silly.
Cosmetics have never changed the killer's power, so his Kanabo should stay the same.
Honestly, if they were to change all of what you suggested, that would be so much work for a single cosmetic set that they might as well have just made a completely new killer with the resources instead. I doubt this one set that not a lot of people would purchase for one killer would make up the costs of all the effort it would take to make it.
Just my two cents.
@Superyoshiegg Katana animations on a one-handed sword look very silly too and changing the Kanabo's model would not change Oni's power, not one bit. It's also a LEGENDARY skin that costs 15 dollars. You know what I could buy with 15 dollars? 2-3 DLCs for DBD. So creating just a few new animations would do them no harm and the playerbase would be much happier and buy the cosmetic more.
It's pretty hard to win me over on cosmetics but this is one of the few sets I'm tempted to buy with auric cells. I would prefer a battleaxe and custom animations / sounds with this skin though. Such a visually pleasing set with unfortunately wasted potential imo.
The only other cosmetics I'm waiting for are Leatherface ones and Freddy ones. Granted I am actually interested in the Pyramid Head cosmetics.
I just hope they change a few things. I'd like to spend 15 bucks on this skin, but not under these circumstances.