Almost $500 later

After over two years and a lot of money later this update made me just smh. At this point I just want to know when the game will be playable. FPS problem with aura change that was intentional just poorly implemented and the response is to say look outfits and we are looking into missing blood points. I can even be bothered to play because of the state it is in and it just seem with some chooses y'all have made you could care less if I want to play only care I stay and give you more money. You have to take the good with the bad I'm just going to stay away.

Comments

  • @kingoftheirish1992 said:

    After over two years and a lot of money later this update made me just smh. At this point I just want to know when the game will be playable. FPS problem with aura change that was intentional just poorly implemented and the response is to say look outfits and we are looking into missing blood points. I can even be bothered to play because of the state it is in and it just seem with some chooses y'all have made you could care less if I want to play only care I stay and give you more money. You have to take the good with the bad I'm just going to stay away.

    Playable now.... been playing for 2+ years and have not found a reason it's not playable.. I think your entitlement is a bit skewed there.

  • were getting a aura change fix soon.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/177807/almost-500-later

    Playable now.... been playing for 2+ years and have not found a reason it's not playable.. I think your entitlement is a bit skewed there.

    Some people like a bit more polish from their investment.

    For instance, for the past five to six months I've been dealing with micro stutters from the server resyncing and teleporting Survivors away from my attacks.

    At first I thought it was just my computer but it would seem the bug has gotten bad enough that it's affecting machines far more powerful than mine. For reference, see Puppers' new Wraith cosmetic video.

  • @Khroalthemadbomber said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1497251#Comment_1497251

    Some people like a bit more polish from their investment.

    For instance, for the past five to six months I've been dealing with micro stutters from the server resyncing and teleporting Survivors away from my attacks.

    At first I thought it was just my computer but it would seem the bug has gotten bad enough that it's affecting machines far more powerful than mine. For reference, see Puppers' new Wraith cosmetic video.

    I'm sorry you've had that issue, I've not had any micro stutters except after I down a survivor. but though it may rob me of a kill or two and get me mad, i wouldn't throw ultimatums around like that. but you do you.

  • @DwightsBrokenArm said:

    You really spend 500$ into this game? I wish I had that money to throw out without having to think about it lol

    Donating plasma helps you could say I've been giving them my blood points. Lol.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1497279#Comment_1497279

    I'm sorry you've had that issue, I've not had any micro stutters except after I down a survivor. but though it may rob me of a kill or two and get me mad, i wouldn't throw ultimatums around like that. but you do you.

    How is what was said in the beginning an "ultimatum?"

    An ultimatum would be "Fix this or I'll slash your tires."

    What he said above is "I have had enough of all the buggy crap constantly plaguing me and I'm done with this game until it gets fixed."

    One is a threat the other is just being fed up.

  • @DwightsBrokenArm said:

    You really spend 500$ into this game? I wish I had that money to throw out without having to think about it lol

    I've spent more money than I realized on this game: $30 for the base game + $96 for DLC + $20 for rift passes +$25 for cosmetics (charity, etc) = $171. Totally worth it.

    And to the OP: just take a break. Either you'll be back or you'll find better things to fill your time with.

  • How does one spend $500 on a game like this..?

  • @Pawcelot said:

    How does one spend $500 on a game like this..?

    Dude, people spend way more than that.

  • @Khroalthemadbomber said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1497251#Comment_1497251

    Some people like a bit more polish from their investment.

    For instance, for the past five to six months I've been dealing with micro stutters from the server resyncing and teleporting Survivors away from my attacks.

    At first I thought it was just my computer but it would seem the bug has gotten bad enough that it's affecting machines far more powerful than mine. For reference, see Puppers' new Wraith cosmetic video.

    Investments return profit, buying things in games is not an investment. ;)

  • I mean you figure buying each chapter, new cosmetic comes out and "Ooo! That looks kinda cool! There's a charity cosmetic box and who doesn't like charity? (Remember you used to have to pay for it), $10 for four times thus far because almost none of us saved up the given back $10 from our previous tome.

    Whole bunch of little things add up super quick. It's why microtransactions are so dangerous for compulsory people. "It's only $5." An excuse we've all made and it can come around and bite us.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1497279#Comment_1497279

    Investments return profit, buying things in games is not an investment. ;)

    Could one not state that putting money into something for the joy it could return would also be an investment?

    Investing in something doesn't have to mean monetary return. Investing money into repairing a classic car, for instance, for your own personal collection.

    If you're investing money into something in hopes that it makes your day a bit better, but instead are greeted by constant small little bugs that impede your enjoyment, then you have a right to be annoyed or agitated that your investment isn't returning what you were hoping to get.

  • "Could one not state that putting money into something for the joy it could return would also be an investment?"

    No, people use this term to describe wasteful spending, but it is not an investment. You aren't investing money, you are spending money with no financial return.

    An investment is an asset or item that is purchased with the hope that it will generate income or appreciate in the future.


    "An investment is an asset or item acquired with the goal of generating income or appreciation. In an economic sense, an investment is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth."

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    "Could one not state that putting money into something for the joy it could return would also be an investment?"

    No, people use this term to describe wasteful spending, but it is not an investment. You aren't investing money, you are spending money with no financial return.

    https://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/investment.asp

    "An investment is an asset or item acquired with the goal of generating income or appreciation. In an economic sense, an investment is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth."

    I guess by that definition, all entertainment is wasteful spending.

  • @Azgard12 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1498739#Comment_1498739

    I guess by that definition, all entertainment is wasteful spending.

    It is. As I said, people use the term invesment to describe buying a bigger TV. It is not and never will be an investment.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1498744#Comment_1498744

    It is. As I said, people use the term invesment to describe buying a bigger TV. It is not and never will be an investment.

    Oh I agree. The time something occupies my brain in meaningful ways is worth it to me.

    There's also secondary benefits. I got a roommate out of playing DBD who pays rent. So in a way, DBD helped me make some income. Now if only it could clean up his messes as well.

  • @Khroalthemadbomber said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1497340#Comment_1497340

    How is what was said in the beginning an "ultimatum?"

    An ultimatum would be "Fix this or I'll slash your tires."

    What he said above is "I have had enough of all the buggy crap constantly plaguing me and I'm done with this game until it gets fixed."

    One is a threat the other is just being fed up.

    wow... your statement about not playing till it gets fixed is an ultimatum. ultimatiums i will do or will not do something till something gets done or stopped. that's an ultimatum. wow. don't even realize what you tried to couch with lots of words boils down to "I will not play till your fix this." 8 words.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1498678#Comment_1498678

    wow... your statement about not playing till it gets fixed is an ultimatum. ultimatiums i will do or will not do something till something gets done or stopped. that's an ultimatum. wow. don't even realize what you tried to couch with lots of words boils down to "I will not play till your fix this." 8 words.

    But you make it sound like ultimatums are a bad thing. The ability to stand your ground is pretty important in life.

  • @popoles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1499036#Comment_1499036

    But you make it sound like ultimatums are a bad thing. The ability to stand your ground is pretty important in life.

    stand your ground where you are right. i've experienced one of his issues only when i m1 down a survivor (other than auras as the devs are working on that if not done). nothing else. tells me that there is more going on than dead by daylight. lol.