“Sweat squads” NEED to be hard to defeat

One of the major topics that we always see in the forum is how “swf sweat squads” are op, unfair and impossible to defeat and called to be nerfed. Well, my take is that they are supposed to be like this. Real sweat squads are quite rare to find, and members of those teams are probably all really good players with an incredible amount of time spent in game and high skill cap. It is quite obvious to my eyes that an equally skilled player should be able to verse them. Not easily, but still make it manageable.

Now, let’s talk about you, the killer complaining. You’re probably close to average with some variance, because that’s how picking randomly an element from a huge pool of items works, with not that many hours (and 1000 hours AREN’T that many) into the game, and you’re demanding that players with an incredibly higher experience than you get nerfed and substantially punished just for being better than you. I’m sorry but that’s not how that works, especially because these kinds of squads are indeed rare to find, and if you think that the majority of teams you verse are ‘toxic op swf’ that you can’t counter, again I’m sorry but you really need to stop a second and make a self critique about YOUR skill level, because as much as you’re probably around average, the same works for the majority of the survivors you will face. Record your games and rewatch them, criticize your decision making and see what you could’ve done instead.

I know that when facing real sweat squads it’s frustrating and annoying, and most of the times it ends up with a feeling of impotence, but that doesn’t mean they are the problem.

And nerfing them will affect every other player in the game. Killers have to kill yes, but survivors have to survive. Devs can’t make the latter impossible just because some average dude complains he cannot beat a team of players with a lot more experience than him.

Comments

  • I don't think the issue is sweat squad power level or perk power level. The issue is that players have absolutely no indication as to what style of lobby they've just joined. You might want to chill on Clown with Furtive Chase and other LOL tier perks, but the survivors might be a competitive style SWF and you have no indication that you should prepare for that. Or survivors might want to goof off and that killer might be practicing for a tournament. This game throws casual and competitive players into the same queue and says "Have fun!". BHVR can pretend it doesn't exist all they want, but the reality is that this game has a rapidly growing competitive scene with playstyles completely at odds with what casual players consider fun, and vice versa.

  • You balance from the top down, and sweat squads prove the imbalance of this game. It's why people worried about the highest MMR because high MMR queues would take ages and all you'd see are the same Spirit's, Nurse's, and sweaty survivors every game to the point that they'd all just quit, survivors and killers at that level. What something "should" be is irrelevant when only 3 killers can handle it.

  • Ran into a 'sweat squad' yesterday.

    Took about 3 minutes to get 1st down (Legion - BBQ / Thana / Thrilling / Mindbreaker...Brown and Yellow Buttons) - 2 gens were done.

    This person was obviously their "looper." Camped them out of the game (stopping/deterring a couple of rescues).

    1 gen was left when he died.

    Mindbreaker was pretty clutch in the 3-Gen, and the last guy got hatch.

    30k and a pip - They all ran Meta.

    At the end of the game, they asked why I camped that guy in particular - I explained, and they replied with something along the lines of "Yeah, we're a 4 stack, and you're the first person to catch him tonight - He's our looper/keeps people busy while we pound out gens."

    They reaffirmed that I had, absolutely, made the right play, which was to get rid of him asap.

    It was actually really refreshing to converse with them, as they were able to let me know what each of them was doing at separate times, while also realizing that I'd made the right call in that scenario.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I don't think the issue is sweat squad power level or perk power level. The issue is that players have absolutely no indication as to what style of lobby they've just joined. You might want to chill on Clown with Furtive Chase and other LOL tier perks, but the survivors might be a competitive style SWF and you have no indication that you should prepare for that. Or survivors might want to goof off and that killer might be practicing for a tournament. This game throws casual and competitive players into the same queue and says "Have fun!". BHVR can pretend it doesn't exist all they want, but the reality is that this game has a rapidly growing competitive scene with playstyles completely at odds with what casual players consider fun, and vice versa.

    But that's part of the random match making process. The algorithm cannot 'know' you want to play a meme build or chill. If you want to just meme, a loss should be acceptable from your pov (and here we go again to the point where I stated that I know it's not fun to go against them) and same for survivors who want to goof and get matched against a stridor pop spirit

  • @Raccoon said:

    Ran into a 'sweat squad' yesterday.

    Took about 3 minutes to get 1st down (Legion - BBQ / Thana / Thrilling / Mindbreaker...Brown and Yellow Buttons) - 2 gens were done.

    This person was obviously their "looper." Camped them out of the game (stopping/deterring a couple of rescues).

    1 gen was left when he died.

    Mindbreaker was pretty clutch in the 3-Gen, and the last guy got hatch.

    30k and a pip - They all ran Meta.

    At the end of the game, they asked why I camped that guy in particular - I explained, and they replied with something along the lines of "Yeah, we're a 4 stack, and you're the first person to catch him tonight - He's our looper/keeps people busy while we pound out gens."

    They reaffirmed that I had, absolutely, made the right play, which was to get rid of him asap.

    It was actually really refreshing to converse with them, as they were able to let me know what each of them was doing at separate times, while also realizing that I'd made the right call in that scenario.

    I wonder if a good alternative, after downing him, would have been to simply ignore him and go for someone else.

    I like that they were friendly in after chat. It really is refreshing to have a friendly chat with the opponent after winning/losing in an overall fun game

  • @ZaKzan said:

    sweat squads have a 90%+ winrate against the strongest possible killer players in this game with the strongest possible killers with the strongest possible addons. Your point would make sense if this was more like 50% winrate.

    Proof of this?

    Here is my take

    If you balance top down and increase power of the killer to compete 50/50 with swat swf.. every other survivor player.. maybe 95% of the player base will always lose. Heck, I lost 7/8 matches a week ago.. All 4ks(1 mori) and I haven't played since.

    Rank 1-5 killers complaining about sweaty swfs... You worked your way to the top, did you expect it to get easier? You should be losing some matches at high ranks. Does the sweaty swf always 4 escape? Or is everyone just mad they didn't get a 4k?

    I see killers complain too often about non-4k more than anything else. Keys are OP cause 2 happened to escape in one match, yet the killer still got 2 kills (2 survivors lost). A 4k every match as the standard will always mean that 80% of the players in the match will lose. This would greatly diminish the # of survivors playing including newcomers to the game, and inversely increase the number of swfs.

    I also keep hearing, let us know if it's swf. This is the most absurd idea ever in my opinion. Wait 5-10 minutes to get into a match and killer leaves even if i was in as solo survivor because 2 or 3 other survs were playing with friends. Not all swfs are swat or sweaty squads, some are new to the game and just having fun with friends(being overly altruistic and running for their lives). My friends haven't even prestiged a survivor yet, but I wouldn't be able to play with them any more because of killers too afraid to go against a group of friends.

  • @nursewannabe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1509743#Comment_1509743

    But that's part of the random match making process. The algorithm cannot 'know' you want to play a meme build or chill. If you want to just meme, a loss should be acceptable from your pov (and here we go again to the point where I stated that I know it's not fun to go against them) and same for survivors who want to goof and get matched against a stridor pop spirit

    I'm saying people who want to play competitive shouldn't be in the same queue as casual players. It's not fun for anyone. I don't have fun against W gamers or meme squads and they don't have fun against me. Why should we be in the same queue when we're trying to play two very different versions of the game?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1509834#Comment_1509834

    I'm saying people who want to play competitive shouldn't be in the same queue as casual players. It's not fun for anyone. I don't have fun against W gamers or meme squads and they don't have fun against me. Why should we be in the same queue when we're trying to play two very different versions of the game?

    Because that won't change anything. Do you really think separating the queues will stop people who play competitive from queueing casual and still play as competitive? That actually will make everything worse, with a lot more complaining

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • Just use NOed


    They seem to have hard time breaking a pile of bones for some reason.

  • That's not even sure. Even a "legacy nurse" would have a hard time against 4 coordinated good survivors.

    Even worse if they bring bullshit map offerings luke haddonfield or coldwind

1 2 ›