So Devs... Can you rework moris?

Out of the 3K hours I have in this game I don’t know what else to say other than moris are unfun to go against, most of the killers 1 hook Mori and tunnel, it boosts killers egos through the roof, it either makes a match super short or super long. Not to mention this Subject is probably one of the most complained/most talked about on these forums other than keys and the occasional Decisive Strike.

Comments

  • Mori and key is the least of the game issues. Re-buffing survivor a lot so solo is not a bloodbath every game should be a bigger priority. Re-buffing high skilled killers so killers can "deal" with optimal SWFs (aka Nurse, Billy). Fixing/reducing Huntress hitboxes so she has counterplay. Doing something with Spirit and Freddy so a monkey can't win against actual humans. Fixing the huge number of game breaking bugs introduced with every patch. Throw the DC penalty in the trashcan and stop making the game a prison. Turn off that ridiculous killer lock so you can switch to a stronger killer when you see 4 pink Claudettes with a flashlight...............

    Whoever the new devs are need the boot.

  • @Tricks said:

    Bring a Mori, get 2 hooks with any specific survivor and their 3rd is an automatic mori. Problem solved.

    I'm completely new to the game but I have to say, this is a really good idea.

  • Yellow and green moris are ok. Eboni can still allow you to kill all 4 survivors, but only after 2nd hook. That way the killer has to do some work just like survivors do with keys. Think about it. In order to use a key you have to be last remaining survivor or have one more gen done than you do survivors. 5 for all 4, 4 for 3, 3 for 2. An eboni only requires 1 hook per survivor in order to kill, which can make a match very short and irritating for the survivors. No time to enjoy the game, very few points, and usually a depip. For killers it's 4 hooks instead of 12 and alot less time chasing. It's the easy way out for killers that don't like the true challenge of the game.

  • If you going to nerf moris, please adjust the trophy requirements for Blood on your Face.

    It's one of only 4 trophies I still need in the base list (all 4 are killer trophies).

    I have only attempted it twice but both times had survivor DCs that prevent me getting it. I don't play killer much so I don't have many offerings to attempt this with.

  • @Bellysmacker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1490597#Comment_1490597

    Idk if i would call the new franklins a nerf to keys. It still takes 90 seconds for an item to disappear. I have tried it out in red ranks ps4 and i think i have had 1 pink map be consumed so far. If you really expect franklins to work you have to waste a lot of time around the item to ensure no on gets it especially if any swf playing but then gens are just getting done. I don't really think i would call it a nerf to anything honestly. Also franklins only works on basic attacks. This perk is also base kit for a killer who uses an instadown chainsaw. How does that make sense lol?

    The point is that it CAN be a nerf to keys if the killer sees one in a lobby and wants to do something about it. There is no such thing for moris (other than DC'ing). So, more has been done to nerf/counter keys than moris. Yes, you may view it as a small counter/nerf or nothing at all, but the point is that something has been done while moris have been untouched.

  • @Splinterverse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1496285#Comment_1496285

    The point is that it CAN be a nerf to keys if the killer sees one in a lobby and wants to do something about it. There is no such thing for moris (other than DC'ing). So, more has been done to nerf/counter keys than moris. Yes, you may view it as a small counter/nerf or nothing at all, but the point is that something has been done while moris have been untouched.

    Not sure how long you have been playing this game but when the game was released, you didn't even have to hook to mori. Just down then and mori. Your statement that nothing has been changed isn't completely accurate. I dislike moris as well. The topic we were discussing however was keys. I don't know why people always have to do a comparison. Moris and keys are both broken.

  • Keys don't need to be changed though... People barely use keys.... Because they are dead before they get to use it, or they can easily escape through the Exit Gates.

    @Peanits said:

    Moris are on the list to be changed at some point, but I can't any details or dates just yet.

    (Before any asks, yes, keys are too. That's not what this thread is about.)


  • I look at it this way, Moris are strong in any match as a killer be it against Solo Que or against a SWF team. Keys however are only OP when in a SWF team that abuse them. I mean have you ever really tried to use a key from the start of the match and manage to get more then yourself out alive? If you can say yes then congrats to you and please explain to us how you managed to get that stranger to listen to you because when I wave FOLLOW ME FOLLOW ME they look and run the other way.

    As a killer you can always choose to run FD and then no matter if the survivor brought a key or FOUND that all might scary key then you can smack that hoe senseless and make them drop it. Oh also I did not know until a few youtubers mentioned it but if the killer gets to the hatch, key or not, and stands on the now closed hatched you cannot push the killer off that hatch to use the key. This was knowledge I sadly did not know.

    Mori's have no counter what so ever and survivors do not even get the chance to use a perk equivalent to FD to counter Mori because DS does not stop it because you do not have to pick the survivor up. It seems yes I will agree both are strong but one is clearly more OP in every match where the other is only OP in given situations.

    Also to the people that get mad when a survivor gets that slight lucky chance and finds a key in a chest and escapes. It is not the end of the world if one person escapes. I mean the same can be said about moris as well but I do not mind either and just clearly see Mori's used MUCH more in my games because there is no way to stop them. I hardly see survivors bring in keys because they know the killer is just gonna tunnel them dead. To sum up my dumb post Moris OP in every match and SWF make Keys OP when they plan and make their 4 man escapes.

    I am just another dumb person with a dumb opinion. lol Please ignore me. =)

  • Agreed moris and keys are pretty busted. Both basically end the game early. Both are obvious to the killer and survivor. Both have little to no counter play. Remember two side gents and ladies. If you think your side has something obnoxious or unfair then you need to also observe what the other side has to contend with. Imo both need changes. Mori's can function like pyramid heads ability to kill on death hook as for keys the hatch only spawns when all gens are done or during the endgame collapse.

  • @Bellysmacker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1498368#Comment_1498368

    Not sure how long you have been playing this game but when the game was released, you didn't even have to hook to mori. Just down then and mori. Your statement that nothing has been changed isn't completely accurate. I dislike moris as well. The topic we were discussing however was keys. I don't know why people always have to do a comparison. Moris and keys are both broken.

    I've been playing for over 3 years. Well, then I'll amend my statement to they haven't been changed in a long time.

    People always bring them up together, even though moris allowing skipping of 2 hooks per survivor and hatch only allows skipping of gate (and must have spawned first). I don't see them as the same since moris are far more skipping of time than keys.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/176942/so-devs-can-you-rework-moris

    I agree, fix both moris and keys, neither have good counters. Both of them have a few problems

    Problems with keys:

    • Survivors can get one through RNG, which is completely unpredictable, and the killer can't possibly patrol the chests too. It's unfair because it is entirely RNG based, you might be dominating a whole game and then the survivors just get a key and now your win is barely a draw.
    • One key can allow multiple people to escape, especially when down to the last 2.
    • Even if you know they are bringing a key, it's hard to prepare for them, when survivors typically can finish 2-3 gens in the first couple of minutes, it is very difficult to deal with a key, especially in a SWF scenario.

    Problems with moris:

    • Shortens the time to kill way too much, killers can just tunnel someone straight off the hook for a mori, can't even use DS to get out of it.
    • Removing even 1 survivor from the game early generally means a loss for the whole team.
    • There is no realistic way for survivors to counter a mori. They can't predict them before the match to prepare in some way, and the only way to not get mori'd is to "play better"

    How to fix keys:

    • Make it so keys are no longer able to be found in the trial
    • Make it so when a key is used on the hatch it only allows 1 survivor through, and the hatch is put on cooldown and will not open for 60 seconds.
    • Make it so the key has a short charge/animation for opening the hatch (something small, like 5 seconds)
    • Make it so if a survivor is sacrificed (specifically sacrificed, so moris don't count) while holding a key, the key is removed from the trial
    • Make it so if a survivor uses a key they get more bloodpoints when escaping through the hatch. (max out survival, give em 8k)

    How to fix moris:

    • Make the yellow mori basekit, because its fun why not? You already killed everyone anyway, outside of having DS as the last survivor which is pretty rare it shouldn't be a problem.
    • Make green and ebony moris now work on a token system. Every time a survivor is hooked, gain 1 token. Everytime a generator is completed, lose 1 token. When you are at 3 tokens, you can mori a survivor you down.
    • Green mori allows 1 kill
    • Ebony mori allows 2 kills, but survivors only have to repair 4 generators to escape. The generator that is furthest away from the killer is automatically completed when the trial starts.
    • When a killer mori's someone, they should get significantly more bloodpoints (think like pyramid head where you get like 1000)

    This means that keys can now be countered in the game, by focusing on the person with the key. It also leads to some moments where a survivor with a key who is on death hook, might give their key to someone else so that they can still keep the key in the trial. It also means that keys can no longer randomly be found in chests to give survivors a free win they don't deserve.

    This gives moris a counter so that survivors now have a way to prevent a mori from occurring by powering through a generator together, it also makes ebony mori much less powerful by only allowing 2 kills and giving survivors a head start on the match to compensate for the fact that the killer gets to shorten their kills. It also gives both sides a fun way for the match to end by making yellow basekit so that it's not always the same. Many killers who don't like using moris will now get to actually see the animation play out sometimes.

    I like your token system for moris idea. I don’t know if the problem is severe enough to warrant a fix but first hook moris are cheap and not a fun way to play.

  • @Zarathos said:

    Agreed moris and keys are pretty busted. Both basically end the game early. Both are obvious to the killer and survivor. Both have little to no counter play. Remember two side gents and ladies. If you think your side has something obnoxious or unfair then you need to also observe what the other side has to contend with. Imo both need changes. Mori's can function like pyramid heads ability to kill on death hook as for keys the hatch only spawns when all gens are done or during the endgame collapse.

    I like that you are trying to come up with solutions but there is only one problem with the hatch idea. If you get all gens done why take the hatch? You get more points opening the gates you now already have powered up. I am not saying you are wrong but just pointing out that part. It would be like playing killer and slugging a survivor but not hooking them for those final points kinda? lol

    I currently do not mind Keys even when I play killer because the hatch within itself for most solo ques can be hard to make spawn and find. I do feel like keys are OP only when we see SWF who already break the game use them and plan every step so they can all escape. I kind of even like going against moris but I can see why both sides dislikes them but, and this might make some people made and I do not mean to but, I feel like people who think the keys are that OP are killers that are mad over not getting that 4k all because 1 or 2 people got away. The game was never built to always get the 4k. I guess maybe I just do not take the game that serious and enjoy and play it for what it is. =)

    Once again I like that you are trying to come up with ideas in solutions instead of problems. Keep it up and good luck in your games with this new matchmaking system and have a great day. =)

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1491171#Comment_1491171

    I hope you stub your toe every day day for the next 6 years

    Fair game if killers dodge every flashlight.

  • @clem1710 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1490542#Comment_1490542

    Most survivor biased ######### I've seen. Most of the times, keys are already used when 4 gens are done.

    Moris are supposed to a unique animation not to bypass 2/3 hooks you are supposed to get also if 4 gens are done the game is pretty much over.

  • @Splinterverse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1508791#Comment_1508791

    I've been playing for over 3 years. Well, then I'll amend my statement to they haven't been changed in a long time.

    People always bring them up together, even though moris allowing skipping of 2 hooks per survivor and hatch only allows skipping of gate (and must have spawned first). I don't see them as the same since moris are far more skipping of time than keys.

    Well then it seems you don't play killer at red rank much but maybe you do idk. I agree that moris need a change but keys are just as strong. It is not hard for a team to spawn hatch.

    There are so many games where i play what survivors see as fair you know, don't tunnel camp ect. Play fair and get super frustrated by mechanics in the game but maintain good pressure where it looks like i am going to win with a good 3 gen situation. 1 survivor finally dead. Last three do nothing but creep for hatch and escape. Brutal killer. Whole game lost because of one key.

    I also hate waiting 5 to 10 mins for a match as survivor on ps4 just to be tunnelled off hook to get moried. It sucks. There are a lot of crappy killers out there that play like crap.

    I would like to see people have a discussion and stay on topic without saying what about this. People need to acknowledge that yes moris are broken and yes keys are broken to.

    Good thing i heard both will be getting some changes soon!

  • @Peanits said:

    Moris are on the list to be changed at some point, but I can't any details or dates just yet.

    (Before any asks, yes, keys are too. That's not what this thread is about.)

    To be honest, this is the type of answer I prefer. Acknowledging necessary changes for both sides.

  • @seki23 said:

    moris are fine because keys and 4 man exists.

    Both are part of the problem, the fact that dbd has these "extremes" of balance, like keys, medkit endurance, DS and unbreakable, iridescent Huntress, tombstone Myers ( not op but annoying), head pop pig, gen rush ( gen time), spirit stridor, midwich object of obsession, Haddonfield fences and random infinites, Badham and Haddonfield fun house, etc etc

1 2 3 ›