Mori insurance?
No I don't mean a discussion about meerkats, but I see a lot of hate on here about Ebony mori and rightly so, but is there some leniency deserved for those that take them?
1. Do players take them in just incase they get toxic swf squads, thus have the mori on hand as back up or mirror toxicity?
2. Do players fear being matched with much better ranked players? Thus again, saving it incase they need it.
I played as survivor last night ranked 15, yet a rank 16 killer used Spirit with pink and purple addons plus an ebony mori, the survivors we're all ranked 12-18, such a waste of good resources. Did they fear a team of rank 2's or swf? Or are they just a potato for lobbing op addons on an already strong killer?
Comments
maybe they just wanna play the game they've bought how they want?
People play the way they see fit. Even myself,use mories just because, but causes matches to go quick and stale.id rather use BP offerings than have a boring match
Now, for others that use mories bc of they are afraid of going against a swf are just trash killers refusing to adapt
It's the equivalent of bringing keys as a survivor. "What if the killer tunnels hard and is toxic?" Both moris and keys are mechanics that give a stupidly big advantage to one of the sides and makes the matches unfun (at least for one side). That's why they need to be adjusted and balanced correctly - for example you can mori only on death hook and opening the hatch with a key takes 10 seconds and only one person can escape per a key. Then these complaints will not be an issue anymore.
You never really see what kind of opponents you get (4 men spawning together in a lobby is normal since servers became dedicated and not a sign for swf).
I don't use mories often, only for dailies or challenges. Also I Mori at second or third hook if possible.
I am just an average killer and more than often when I use a Mori when I get hard stomped by the survivors just to waste it. So I don't use them as not to burn them for nothing.
I ll bring a pink key or map if I need a pip to rank up. I run plunderers so find them quite often too. The spirit in last nights match was well in control, yet moried 3 survivors all after 1 hook. Could have played for more bp
I think a lot of newer killers use them for the fun and the power they provide.
A lot of older killers prefer to play bloodpoint offerings because we have already seen the mori animations plenty of times and prefer the points from a regular game.
And if you truly play both sides, like myself, then you may try to avoid OP builds. Same reason I won't run DS or Noed. Just a personal preference.
Personally I never use them beyond the occassional daily (even then I try to go for death hook mori), or just bring a cypress mori/devour hope so I have to work a bit for it still.
But the one exception to never using mori and playing "fair". Is when I see a key. If I see a key, I dont care if its broken. I bring a mori and kill everyone. Sometimes I see keys several games in a row, and I get more and more annoyed. Out comes the spirit, or iridescent hatchet huntress. If I somehow I run out of moris or just dont feel like it. Its face camping bubba with franklins. I try to have a bit of fun, anyway I might, sometimes thats moring the entire team in case they are premade with a key. Other times its just giving my full attention to that one survivor.
It's good that you asked and not just made statements but your options are rather narrow in the questioning and still assume someone must be a potato to bring a mori.
We need to stop trying to create an artificial reason behind someone bringing a MORI or a key. This is a common part of human psychology, in the absence of facts we create our own narrative, more so when we have a perceived risk of loss. It leads to anti-vaxxers, conspiracy theories, flat earthers and is a large part of the psychology of religion.
Mori's and keys are powerful and definitely tip the balance of the game, I often bring a mori on the last game of the night just to have a bit of fun with it, because why not, its part of the game.
I might bring a mori because I spotted a key so lets even the playing field. I try not to be toxic with it but hey with current matchmaking sometimes that one hook mori takes the pressure off, if I feel the need to use it that way, then I will. Sometimes I won't use it at all or maybe just for that last kill when the game has gone well.
I don't fear being matched with better players, if people say that's why they bring a mori ok then, but to attribute emotion in the absence of facts is that same psychology again. Same goes for attributing maliciousness to their use. Hence post game chat often being really toxic if you bring a mori or key as everyone assumes your plan was to be toxic and responds to that end.
If people ask to be killed, butt dance flash light constantly then ok I'll kill you, wish granted. Again I don't know why you did that and I can't know so I'm not going to attribute any maliciousness to it, maybe you wanted to farm and I didn't get it, maybe you enjoy being toxic I don't know. I'll mori you because I don't really enjoy that behaviour so I'll minimize the time spent online with you and I have a tool to do that. Again no maliciousness just using a tool to improve my game experience, albeit at the expense of theirs.
You've ignored my 'narrow' point. Do players pick them EXPECTING a tough survivor squad or fear good survivors. If you are rank 16 and using spirit why do you need mori's and ultra rare addons. It detracts the fun aspect for survivors having a match ended in 5 minutes.
Again, you can avoid moris
Have you never played killer? It's almost obvious.
Moris are a daily ritual killers get. The reason you see moris is because literally the game gives killers 60k to do them.
Let's see,... 60k BP or your feels, you know who gonna win?