Is "Zarina Kassir" a plausible name for a woman of lebanese descent?
Is "Zarina" an actual given name in Lebanon or in the rest of the middle east? It sounds a bit like made up nonsense to me.
I wish they had given her the Yui treatment and pick one of the most popular names in the region. Like Leila, Amal or Nadine for example. I think "Karima", a real recognizable middle eastern name, would've worked perfectly for the "Karina" part of her backstory.
Just some thoughts, I love this game and I'm really grateful for all the representation.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Zarina is persian, Kassir is pure lebanese
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Zarina or Zarrina (Persian: زرّینه) is a female Persian given name. It means golden in the Persian language. It comes from the root zar (زر) which means gold. It is also spelled as Zarrineh or Zareena
Its literally a name...
The name Zarina is pretty popular in the Middle East and Lebanon, Syria in particular. Whilst not as common as Amal it's definitely indicative of the region as a whole.
A simple google search would have informed you that Zarina and Kassir are both common names. Also, all names are made up, why would the devs giving her a unique name matter?
I always assumed she was a Gypsy not gonna lie.
Are people really this easily offended these days?!
it's sad