Broken Key shouldn't look like the other keys

The broken key can be a very useful item, and I like to pair it with Blood Amber so I can loop jungle gyms and the like more easily. However, the fact that it looks exactly like the skeleton key usually causes the killer to equip a mori in the hope of taking it out of the game as soon as possible. The difference in power between the broken key and its other variants is GIANT, and I think there should be a visual indicator of a broken one.

Comments

  • We also asked for different looks for medkits, toolboxes and flashlights and there is plenty if cool concept suggestions around, but I doubt it ever happen.

  • Devs can keep the broken keys brown/rusty and make the hatch keys bright red or gold colour. Just change the hatch key colours.

  • @Veen said:

    We also asked for different looks for medkits, toolboxes and flashlights and there is plenty if cool concept suggestions around, but I doubt it ever happen.

    Never know actually, brown toolboxes have a different model to the rest so it's possible, just very unlikely.

  • It would also be helpful for newer players. As a fairly new player myself, the game doesn't really indicate (in a way that I cared about while new) the massive difference between a broken key and a non-broken key.

  • That would be fantastic. I don't run my green keys for the same reason.

  • I actually troll the killer sometimes when i equip broken key as a survivor. Then the killer equip ebony mori, his strongest addons and potentially a map he prefers. He wasted all that just to get rid of me and a broken key πŸ˜‚ I had funny reactions from couple killers as they were quite salty πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

  • @Callmehandsome said:

    I actually troll the killer sometimes when i equip broken key as a survivor. Then the killer equip ebony mori, his strongest addons and potentially a map he prefers. He wasted all that just to get rid of me and a broken key πŸ˜‚ I had funny reactions from couple killers as they were quite salty πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    Ah, a fellow chaotic, I applaud your efforts. It's not a constant thing, but every now and then you get someone who just goes ballistic over your key. It's kinda funny, but also shows just how much keys piss off killers

  • The whole idea is that you don’t know what exactly the other side brings into the match.

  • do not give them the idea that they should look different until the new franklins it out.

    bringing a green key will be meta to troll killers and random mates at the same time :D

  • @th3 said:

    The whole idea is that you don’t know what exactly the other side brings into the match.

    That's great when you have a yellow mori and make the survivor more cautious but when you are survivor having a green key just mean you will get tunneled which mean nobody bring green key.

  • @th3 said:

    The whole idea is that you don’t know what exactly the other side brings into the match.

    bringing a key into a lobby is like an 80% likelihood that the killer will bring a mori. They'll always assume it's a good key and tunnel you out of the game immediately.


    I get why they do it for the other items, but the green key has been made useless by this trend.

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    The broken key can be a very useful item, and I like to pair it with Blood Amber so I can loop jungle gyms and the like more easily. However, the fact that it looks exactly like the skeleton key usually causes the killer to equip a mori in the hope of taking it out of the game as soon as possible. The difference in power between the broken key and its other variants is GIANT, and I think there should be a visual indicator of a broken one.

    I always feel bad bringing a mori for a broken key. Hope they do this.