Something to help dead by daylight

Big what-if scenario here. What if the devs let people in the community help make things for dbd? I saw another post about the trailer at the start and a comment mentioned something like this 

so what if the devs hired fans of dbd with animating skills as interns or something like that and work for free. I know the people of this community would try to help develope the game quicker. Remember the dbd 2 year anniversary vr video and they said that it looked like a trailer for dbd vr. Wouldn't it be cool if they let people with these kinds of skills work for free. Even if it's just making skins or maybe even help make trailers or animations. I'm sure  There are reasons to not do this but if the devs are hurting for money and can't make animations.

example: people want multiple Mori animations for killers or new ones for the old killers

im sure somebody in this community can. Make animations and would be willing to help if they had the chance

kind of a long shot idea butMaybe the devs will see this and go for it. Probably not but whatever 
Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • This is a really good idea but the devs hardly ever listen to community ideas that may balance or help the game.

    It’s such a shame because there’s a lot of good ideas and suggestions on here but the devs never bother to pay attention to it or even consider it.
  • This is a really good idea but the devs hardly ever listen to community ideas that may balance or help the game.

    It’s such a shame because there’s a lot of good ideas and suggestions on here but the devs never bother to pay attention to it or even consider it.
    I like to think they would do something like this or even listen to community ideas but I feel this forum was more for us than for them to get ideas and feedback other than bugs. 
  • This is a really good idea but the devs hardly ever listen to community ideas that may balance or help the game.

    It’s such a shame because there’s a lot of good ideas and suggestions on here but the devs never bother to pay attention to it or even consider it.
    I like to think they would do something like this or even listen to community ideas but I feel this forum was more for us than for them to get ideas and feedback other than bugs. 
    Although, I would like for them to start listening to our ideas, a part of me is glad they don’t.

    There’s a lot of biased people on this forum whenever or not they’re a killer main or survivor main, so it would be complete chaos if they actually started hand picking people on how they should balance this game.

    There’s only a few people on this forum that I’ve seen on here that is totally unbiased, I won’t give out any names but they’re usually the people who will try and stay neutral when all hell breaks loose on a thread.
  • This is a really good idea but the devs hardly ever listen to community ideas that may balance or help the game.

    It’s such a shame because there’s a lot of good ideas and suggestions on here but the devs never bother to pay attention to it or even consider it.
    I like to think they would do something like this or even listen to community ideas but I feel this forum was more for us than for them to get ideas and feedback other than bugs. 
    Although, I would like for them to start listening to our ideas, a part of me is glad they don’t.

    There’s a lot of biased people on this forum whenever or not they’re a killer main or survivor main, so it would be complete chaos if they actually started hand picking people on how they should balance this game.

    There’s only a few people on this forum that I’ve seen on here that is totally unbiased, I won’t give out any names but they’re usually the people who will try and stay neutral when all hell breaks loose on a thread.
    you are correct there or we will have another Freddy incident 
  • This content has been removed.
  • Hi I saw you mentioned my thread thanks and honestly I wish they would let the players in on it for free i mean we want dedicated servers then we should be allowed to make them all the devs need to do is what they do here just pop in once a while and check or the animation's for various thing's people would be glad to help or even help fund but no devs want to be stand alone and do everything themselves when they could focus more on the game while we focus on the extras
  • To be honest I would really like if they implemented some of the ideas people have for new killers because some of those ideas are (no offense) cooler than some of the killers we have now 
  • This content has been removed.
  • Speaking of mori's my trapper ebony moris have been grouped into stacks of 4 in my offerings. Could be a bug, it's weird.
  • @xxaggieboyxx said:
    Big what-if scenario here. What if the devs let people in the community help make things for dbd? I saw another post about the trailer at the start and a comment mentioned something like this 

    so what if the devs hired fans of dbd with animating skills as interns or something like that and work for free. I know the people of this community would try to help develope the game quicker. Remember the dbd 2 year anniversary vr video and they said that it looked like a trailer for dbd vr. Wouldn't it be cool if they let people with these kinds of skills work for free. Even if it's just making skins or maybe even help make trailers or animations. I'm sure  There are reasons to not do this but if the devs are hurting for money and can't make animations.

    example: people want multiple Mori animations for killers or new ones for the old killers

    im sure somebody in this community can. Make animations and would be willing to help if they had the chance

    kind of a long shot idea butMaybe the devs will see this and go for it. Probably not but whatever 

    DS was created by the community.

    No thanks, we had to deal with this crap for ages now, I dont want the community (80% survivor) to be invovled directly into the game again

  • Master said:

    @xxaggieboyxx said:
    Big what-if scenario here. What if the devs let people in the community help make things for dbd? I saw another post about the trailer at the start and a comment mentioned something like this 

    so what if the devs hired fans of dbd with animating skills as interns or something like that and work for free. I know the people of this community would try to help develope the game quicker. Remember the dbd 2 year anniversary vr video and they said that it looked like a trailer for dbd vr. Wouldn't it be cool if they let people with these kinds of skills work for free. Even if it's just making skins or maybe even help make trailers or animations. I'm sure  There are reasons to not do this but if the devs are hurting for money and can't make animations.

    example: people want multiple Mori animations for killers or new ones for the old killers

    im sure somebody in this community can. Make animations and would be willing to help if they had the chance

    kind of a long shot idea butMaybe the devs will see this and go for it. Probably not but whatever 

    DS was created by the community.

    No thanks, we had to deal with this crap for ages now, I dont want the community (80% survivor) to be invovled directly into the game again

    Wasn't referring directly to ideas on balance but animations and cooler Mori's or multiple mori's trailers for the game skins. I don't know what you are talking about or getting that response from 
  • @master and you obviously didn't read the other comments so now I really don't know what you are going on about 
  • @xxaggieboyxx said:
    Master said:

    @xxaggieboyxx said:

    Big what-if scenario here. What if the devs let people in the community help make things for dbd? I saw another post about the trailer at the start and a comment mentioned something like this 

    so what if the devs hired fans of dbd with animating skills as interns or something like that and work for free. I know the people of this community would try to help develope the game quicker. Remember the dbd 2 year anniversary vr video and they said that it looked like a trailer for dbd vr. Wouldn't it be cool if they let people with these kinds of skills work for free. Even if it's just making skins or maybe even help make trailers or animations. I'm sure  There are reasons to not do this but if the devs are hurting for money and can't make animations.
    
    example: people want multiple Mori animations for killers or new ones for the old killers
    
    im sure somebody in this community can. Make animations and would be willing to help if they had the chance
    

    kind of a long shot idea butMaybe the devs will see this and go for it. Probably not but whatever 

    DS was created by the community.

    No thanks, we had to deal with this crap for ages now, I dont want the community (80% survivor) to be invovled directly into the game again

    Wasn't referring directly to ideas on balance but animations and cooler Mori's or multiple mori's trailers for the game skins. I don't know what you are talking about or getting that response from 

    There is always a way. Make the mori animation especialyl long, produce insanely stealthy skins etc etc.

    Also, its a lot of effort for the devs to take the stuff they got and then adapt it such that it fits into their engine. I think you are underestimating the effort to put the creations into the actual game.


  • This little feller' was actually made by a community member.

    I think a workshop would be pretty cool. Not a mod workshop, but a submit your stuff and the best stuff gets added workshop. If I recall correctly, it's actually quite a bit of work to get everything implemented though. There's a bunch of tweaking involved to make sure everything works right, changing formats, checking textures to make sure nothing is copyrighted, etc.

    Would be neat though.

  • Master said:

    @xxaggieboyxx said:
    Master said:

    @xxaggieboyxx said:

    Big what-if scenario here. What if the devs let people in the community help make things for dbd? I saw another post about the trailer at the start and a comment mentioned something like this 

    so what if the devs hired fans of dbd with animating skills as interns or something like that and work for free. I know the people of this community would try to help develope the game quicker. Remember the dbd 2 year anniversary vr video and they said that it looked like a trailer for dbd vr. Wouldn't it be cool if they let people with these kinds of skills work for free. Even if it's just making skins or maybe even help make trailers or animations. I'm sure  There are reasons to not do this but if the devs are hurting for money and can't make animations.
    
    example: people want multiple Mori animations for killers or new ones for the old killers
    
    im sure somebody in this community can. Make animations and would be willing to help if they had the chance
    

    kind of a long shot idea butMaybe the devs will see this and go for it. Probably not but whatever 

    DS was created by the community.

    No thanks, we had to deal with this crap for ages now, I dont want the community (80% survivor) to be invovled directly into the game again

    Wasn't referring directly to ideas on balance but animations and cooler Mori's or multiple mori's trailers for the game skins. I don't know what you are talking about or getting that response from 

    There is always a way. Make the mori animation especialyl long, produce insanely stealthy skins etc etc.

    Also, its a lot of effort for the devs to take the stuff they got and then adapt it such that it fits into their engine. I think you are underestimating the effort to put the creations into the actual game.

    I did say big what if scenario but the way you were saying this sounded like you thought my idea meant people making perks and if what I said actually Happens then you could just choose not to use the long Mori animation that the devs probably wouldn't let come out because they would realize it's too long. And maybe are right about the engine stuff I'm not a game developer or anything related to that But you don't have to just come over here and just say no to something that could potentially help the games development 

    ps I don't think the devs would really say yes to a skin that would be "insanely stealthy" because it would obviously only exist for that purpose I meant skins that are cool and or funny. You are taking this way out of proportion than what I intended 
  • Peanits said:


    This little feller' was actually made by a community member.

    I think a workshop would be pretty cool. Not a mod workshop, but a submit your stuff and the best stuff gets added workshop. If I recall correctly, it's actually quite a bit of work to get everything implemented though. There's a bunch of tweaking involved to make sure everything works right, changing formats, checking textures to make sure nothing is copyrighted, etc.

    Would be neat though.

    Yeah I did say big what if scenario and I'm no dev so idk how hard or easy it is to do stuff like this but it would be nice if we could get more customization or even dlc out faster 
  • @PinkEricka said:
    This is a really good idea but the devs hardly ever listen to community ideas that may balance or help the game.

    It’s such a shame because there’s a lot of good ideas and suggestions on here but the devs never bother to pay attention to it or even consider it.

    The wishlist is full of amazing stuff, map ideas, avatars and themes for console (so they can make money, outfits, perk ideas, totem solutions, generator rushing, new characters, and perk change ideas. Sadly as you said it seems largely overlooked.

  • Ask this for next Q&A session.

  • @Peanits said:

    This little feller' was actually made by a community member.

    I think a workshop would be pretty cool. Not a mod workshop, but a submit your stuff and the best stuff gets added workshop. If I recall correctly, it's actually quite a bit of work to get everything implemented though. There's a bunch of tweaking involved to make sure everything works right, changing formats, checking textures to make sure nothing is copyrighted, etc.

    Would be neat though.

    DEAD BY DAYLIGHT CASE OPENINGS!!!!

  • @xxaggieboyxx said:
    What if the devs let people in the community help make things for dbd?

    They already did that.
    It's called Decisive Strike.

  • Judgement said:

    @xxaggieboyxx said:
    What if the devs let people in the community help make things for dbd?

    They already did that.
    It's called Decisive Strike.

    Just like master, you are taking this way out of context. Did you not even read the rest of the discussion? Or even the other things I said?
  • @Peanits said:

    This little feller' was actually made by a community member.

    I think a workshop would be pretty cool. Not a mod workshop, but a submit your stuff and the best stuff gets added workshop. If I recall correctly, it's actually quite a bit of work to get everything implemented though. There's a bunch of tweaking involved to make sure everything works right, changing formats, checking textures to make sure nothing is copyrighted, etc.

    Would be neat though.

    Hey, we could start small.
    If that mask was added, why not make a few contests for few more items?
    Granted, checking is work and all, but if you only add 1-3 item(s) the work is not impossible.