Kicking Generators

I think kicking generators should give a flat amount of regression followed by the regression over time. Not asking for anything big but maybe like 2-5% regression for the kick. As it is right now kicking gens feels like a waste of time when survivors can tap a gen and immediately invalidate your kick.

Comments

  • I've always felt that 'tapping' gens shouldn't remove the regression. A sparking gen should need to be repaired for 2 or 3 seconds before the regression is removed and you can start repairing it again. The regression could be halted during that time so it isn't an auto 3 second of regression if people feel that's too much, but I don't think it is.

  • @RedditUser69 said:

    I've always felt that 'tapping' gens shouldn't remove the regression. A sparking gen should need to be repaired for 2 or 3 seconds before the regression is removed and you can start repairing it again. The regression could be halted during that time so it isn't an auto 3 second of regression if people feel that's too much, but I don't think it is.

    Yeah.

  • I’ve wanted this change for a while. A solid 3% regression for kicking a gen followed by the passive regression afterwards would be a good counter to survivors tapping a gen and canceling the whole 2-3 seconds it took for you to kick the gen.

  • @28_stabs Well I'd rather not be forced use 1 of my 4 perk slots for pop and just want my regular kicks to mean more than just a waste of time.

  • I think it would also help in the cases where a survivor finishes a gen right in the killers face.

  • 'Member when you couldn't actually kick gens and people could 99% 5 gens and all you could do was stare at them? I 'member...

  • Yeah the problem isn't gen kick the problem is gen tap. I wish I could fix something from a broken state by just tapping it with a finger.

    You see it a lot and I've done it myself, killer hooks, kicks nearby gen with or without pop, but pop helps, survivor runs past taps gen then goes for the unhook. I think to make kicking gens worthwhile with or without pop then survivors should need to enter an animation to stop regression and risk getting grabbed. Ducking down to tap a gen in the killers face knowing you can stall the regression and still run off should have some cost/risk associated with it.

  • It should grant automatic 1% regression (1.25 seconds), and it should take 1.25 seconds of repair time to stop regression.

    Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

  • @RedditUser69 said:

    I've always felt that 'tapping' gens shouldn't remove the regression. A sparking gen should need to be repaired for 2 or 3 seconds before the regression is removed and you can start repairing it again. The regression could be halted during that time so it isn't an auto 3 second of regression if people feel that's too much, but I don't think it is.

    This is a very good suggestion, Survivors should at least sit repairing for for equal amount of time to a Killer kicking the Gen for it to change.