DS should not work with Deliverance

Very frustrating experience after I squeeze out a 4k in a sweaty rank one lobby, only to have the last guy yeet himself off the hook in front of me (hooked him while the other person was in the process of dying). When I down him again, I get stunned and he runs off to the hatch clicking his flashlight.

Please explain to me how this was fair in any capacity or what just occured was good game design.

Comments

  • You should have slugged him and closed hatch. He was the last one. You can really only blame yourself there imo.

  • You saw an Obsession in your match, right?

    He was the last one, so you didn't have to worry about gens.

    I'm assuming you were camping as well, which is fine because he was the last one.

    Why did you pick him up before closing the hatch?

    You should have just followed him for 60 seconds.

    As @Kolonite stated, you only have yourself to blame.

  • Oh, no you didn't 4k. The horror, the horror!

  • @NotOprah said:

    You just left hatch open?

    I didnt know where it was, but he did via his SWF team passing by it closed.

    @BigBrainMegMain said:

    You saw an Obsession in your match, right?

    He was the last one, so you didn't have to worry about gens.

    I'm assuming you were camping as well, which is fine because he was the last one.

    Why did you pick him up before closing the hatch?

    You should have just followed him for 60 seconds.

    As @Kolonite stated, you only have yourself to blame.

    I had not been trying to avoid DS the entire match. I certainly didnt slug his teammates for 60 seconds each, and didnt get DSd at all. And there was an active OoO that was killed near the beginning. I assumed there wasnt an active DS because the survivors didnt play like they had DS, and I had not gotten stunned previously.

  • This is one of the many reasons why I never* go and slug for the 4k. Happy to take the gamble too for the first to find the hatch. The fact that it was also their first hook does say a lot more about how your game went than just this outcome. One has to wonder what was going on here. And no, I'm not implying that you were tunnelling, but if they avoided you for that long then something was going wrong for you.


    *unless they're right in front of me. I never slug and leave them.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Oh, no you didn't 4k. The horror, the horror!

    I still got merciless, but I care more about my challenge progress. I need kills.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    This is one of the many reasons why I never* go and slug for the 4k. Happy to take the gamble too for the first to find the hatch. The fact that it was also their first hook does say a lot more about how your game went than just this outcome. One has to wonder what was going on here. And no, I'm not implying that you were tunnelling, but if they avoided you for that long then something was going wrong for you.

    *unless they're right in front of me. I never slug and leave them.

    I was able to kill the third survivor and incapaciate the fourth with one gen remaining. I hadnt seen this guy the whole game, and again, assumed that since he was playing super immersed that he wasnt running DS

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1469024#Comment_1469024

    I was able to kill the third survivor and incapaciate the fourth with one gen remaining. I hadnt seen this guy the whole game, and again, assumed that since he was playing super immersed that he wasnt running DS

    I tend to focus more on stealth, yet I used DS for a while because of rampant tunnellers. You also didn't mention the OoO user, or any Obsession perks in the opening statement, so people would naturally assume that you ignored the Obsession status.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468947#Comment_1468947

    I didnt know where it was, but he did via his SWF team passing by it closed.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468951#Comment_1468951

    I had not been trying to avoid DS the entire match. I certainly didnt slug his teammates for 60 seconds each, and didnt get DSd at all. And there was an active OoO that was killed near the beginning. I assumed there wasnt an active DS because the survivors didnt play like they had DS, and I had not gotten stunned previously.

    It's all good, but now you know.

    If you see an Obsession, always assume it's DS.

    Just, learn from this. It's not his fault, and it was an honest mistake.

  • Why should you get a free handout ? Why did you slug? Why do you get to use NOED but DS has to be nerfed to not work with any perk or any situation