How many chances for the old Freddy return?

Are there any chances to see my favorite killer returning? So many people want him back and i am one of them.

Comments

  • You want the worst killer in the game back? Well I think chances are slim to none.

  • @DaKnight said:

    I only miss a few things from old Freddy......

    Old pill bottle letting you get attacks off from complete invisibility (now replicated by ghostface and silent bell wraith to a large extent)

    Old class photo letting you put everyone to sleep during endgame with no way to wake up, combined with old remember me for like 90 second exit gate timers.

    I also do miss remember me + dying light because that was a hilariously toxic combo.

    You think Remember Me and Dying Light was bad? One of my favorite "toxic builds" was Dying Light, Black Box (So the obsession starts asleep and thus is visible at match start) and a shroud of separation and slowdown addons. Freddy could slow the game down by like 90% if you stack everything and everyone is asleep back then. The obsession would see the secret offering, realize they started asleep with nobody around to wake them up, and are the Dying Light obsession, and would almost always DC expecting to be tunneled and mori'd and proc Dying Light for me.

  • No thanks.

    Although the devs has made some questionable decisions in other areas, I will say the Freddy rework was a well-designed success.

  • Unless you're sacrificed before all the gens are completed or the killer has NOED.

  • I was a Freddy main and I can only conclude that anybody who says Freddy is weak has made it to top level game play and everybody who says he is strong has stayed very casual.

    Any Freddy could be easy mode with low ranks, his abilities truly were confusing without experience and knowledge and all his built in abilities could decimate the unfamiliar.

    On the flip side, any1 of with experience could run Freddy to the ground and rng a hundred different ways to wake up. Pop gens/open door in his face with no consequences and could hold him hostage with a buddy or two because he literally cannot hit you if you keep each other awake.

    To me, Freddy was like the joke character they add to fighting games.

    I miss him, but I can live with this rework, even if I find it a less skillful adventure. I dropped him as my main for DS but...

    If they ever do add that Robert Englund Legendary skin, I’ll main him again~

  • There is a zero percent chance of this happening. Z.E.R.O. The best you can hope for and what I suggested they do at the time, is to make it so a player can choose Original Freddy or Rework Freddy in Kill Your Friends.

  • @ExcelSword said:

    I used to play old Freddy a lot and he was one of my favourite killers to play. However, playing against him was one of the most frustrating and boring slogs to endure as survivor.

    You never committed to chases not in your favour, so the survivor you are chasing has to waste time hoping RNG lets them wake up only for you to immediately put them to sleep again. He had in my opinion the best slowdown in the game, and when he paired range addons with his dream projection power that could lock onto survivors through walls, one of the best tracking tools in the game.

    Unfortunately, extremely slow games and an inability to hide does not a fun killer make for survivors, he was similar to doctor in this way but more extreme since his invisibility made it EXTREMELY difficult to counter his tracking unlike Doctor's old Treatment mode. Paired with the fact that him just deciding to leave you alone to wake up only to put you back asleep if you did wake up meant that survivors had very little interaction other than hold m1 until he finally commited to you.

    Don't get me wrong I loved playing old Freddy, but the most effective way to play him was dull and slow for the survivors to go against. I haven't even mentioned the fact of how effective slugging was with him, if he started to snowball downs the constant aura reading left little hope for survivors to make a come back. Even if they did get picked up, back to sleep everyone goes and it repeats. And even the dreaded tunneling, if he wanted you dead after hook you could never escape him if he didn't want you too, which wasn't the best way to play him but it felt like crap that you could never shake him no matter how well you did.

    So rest in peace Old Freddy, you were not a weak killer but the entity will most likely never bring you back.

    I can confirm all of this. Especially the constant disengaging and reengaging (To re-sleep a survivor, to try and ambush, etc.) resulting in super long games.


    With Freddy often every pallet on the map would get dropped and broken. People would pallet stun me and I'd be like oh hell yes now I never have to worry about this pallet again since the match would last so long.

  • I like for them to give the option where you can switch between either one

  • HEHEHE..hehe..sorry. I myself have spent about 5 days trying too think of a fun way to rework this killer into a new unique style to best show his dream world powers. Here's a link too it if your interesting https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174047/freddy-rework-concepts-for-a-new-nightmare#latest

    (sorry for the self-promotion, this feels like a rare opportunity since Freddy talk has died down.)

  • @ExcelSword said:

    I used to play old Freddy a lot and he was one of my favourite killers to play. However, playing against him was one of the most frustrating and boring slogs to endure as survivor.

    You never committed to chases not in your favour, so the survivor you are chasing has to waste time hoping RNG lets them wake up only for you to immediately put them to sleep again. He had in my opinion the best slowdown in the game, and when he paired range addons with his dream projection power that could lock onto survivors through walls, one of the best tracking tools in the game.

    Unfortunately, extremely slow games and an inability to hide does not a fun killer make for survivors, he was similar to doctor in this way but more extreme since his invisibility made it EXTREMELY difficult to counter his tracking unlike Doctor's old Treatment mode. Paired with the fact that him just deciding to leave you alone to wake up only to put you back asleep if you did wake up meant that survivors had very little interaction other than hold m1 until he finally commited to you.

    Don't get me wrong I loved playing old Freddy, but the most effective way to play him was dull and slow for the survivors to go against. I haven't even mentioned the fact of how effective slugging was with him, if he started to snowball downs the constant aura reading left little hope for survivors to make a come back. Even if they did get picked up, back to sleep everyone goes and it repeats. And even the dreaded tunneling, if he wanted you dead after hook you could never escape him if he didn't want you too, which wasn't the best way to play him but it felt like crap that you could never shake him no matter how well you did.

    So rest in peace Old Freddy, you were not a weak killer but the entity will most likely never bring you back.

    This is probably the most well thought out reply to this conversation, thanks! I..have been curious tho, does my remake idea actually interest players? Sorry for the self promotion I'm mostly just curious since I know the old Fredster was disliked, the new one is just boring, Maybe my idea mixing the two could be a good answer. If your curious here's a link..https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174047/freddy-rework-concepts-for-a-new-nightmare#latest

  • I used to play old freddy.

    No way in hell do i want him back replacing the one we have now. not because he's stronger or better. but because old freddy was such a cluster truck to play against and to play. Waiting 7s to hit someone? gen speeds regressed by 50%? aura reading on all survivors 99% of the time? horendous. no thanks.

1 2 ›