Believe this skill MMR stuff, or is random matchmaking coming soon?
I’ll be up front about my stance, I have no faith in their MMR system, and I’m not sure they do either. They have stated they won’t release what constitutes “skill,” in the system so there’s no real way to know if it’s working. But if you try to call then out on random matchmaking there’s no real proof once everything is hidden.
Anyone with me, or does the community really think this will work?
Comments
Honestly anything would better then what we have right now. Matchmaking is so nuts right now that you have new killers going up against red rank survivors and vice versa, so I'm willing to give anything a chance.
Good point!
Yeah it's hard to see how it can get any worse than was it already is, so I'm optimistic
I predict that all they're going to do is make the statistics be 50/50 cuz according to the devs they can predict whether some1 is going to win or lose fairly well. It's hard to figure out actual skill and how that correlates to the otherside's skill. The best thing to do is just force matches to be 50/50 in a non noticeable way. U just have to make the players feel psychologically happy.
When you say 50:50 you think all games will end up being 2 kill 2 escape, because that’s what I kept picturing when I was reading this and listening to Paulie Ewsther read it as well.