Apparently the survivor exploit that lets them see what killer they're facing still isn't fixed

Can anyone confirm this?

Comments

  • I have no clue what exploit you're talking about but there are several things that will give away a killer's identity within the first 20 seconds of a match anyway.

    If it is the loading screen one, it's always been the first match against them for me.

  • It's not. The issue started because BHVR left the binary ID of the killer in a log file, in plain text, on your PC. They since removed the ID from the log file...but the log file still lists the cosmetics the killer is wearing. Since cosmetics aren't interchangeable, you can still identify the killer based on that. I literally saw someone do this on a stream.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    I have no clue what exploit you're talking about but there are several things that will give away a killer's identity within the first 20 seconds of a match anyway.

    If it is the loading screen one, it's always been the first match against them for me.

    It's an exploit in the lobby. Before this patch, there was an easy way survivors could see what killer they were facing before the match started. And certain programs that could even tell them what perks and add-ons the killer was running.

    But apparently this exploit is not yet fixed.

  • The hack got patched a few weeks ago

  • Lol of course it isn’t. None of the hacks for this game have been fixed. Super speed, instant heals....none have been fixed.

  • thought i would chime in and say just went doctor 20mins ago and 3 people had iron-will, i mean theres no way they "coincidentally" guessed what i was going

  • @Dsalter said:

    thought i would chime in and say just went doctor 20mins ago and 3 people had iron-will, i mean theres no way they "coincidentally" guessed what i was going

    Iron Will isn't counter to Doc and many people use it, myself included.

  • yep I literally made a thread about it a couple hours ago and it got little attention. Just seems like people don't care

  • They didn't fix it I think, and there's a new one that let you see if you're facing a SWF

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462424#Comment_1462424

    Iron Will isn't counter to Doc and many people use it, myself included.

    got mixed up with names, ment calm spirit, that one that stops screams

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    I have no clue what exploit you're talking about but there are several things that will give away a killer's identity within the first 20 seconds of a match anyway.

    If it is the loading screen one, it's always been the first match against them for me.

    Finding out who the killer is 20 seconds into a game or even in the loading screen is vastly different than knowing who the killer is whike you can still change your perks/items, which is what theyre referring too. Pc only thankfully

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462050#Comment_1462050

    Finding out who the killer is 20 seconds into a game or even in the loading screen is vastly different than knowing who the killer is whike you can still change your perks/items, which is what theyre referring too. Pc only thankfully

    Good to know. One of the advantages of being on console is that hackers are virtually non-existent.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462524#Comment_1462524

    Good to know. One of the advantages of being on console is that hackers are virtually non-existent.

    Agreed 😊

  • I have heard reports on a certain website (I'm not a cheater, I swear my life on it. I do eavesdrop every now and then to see what's going around and if/when anti-cheat is doing its job) that the current PTB actually encrypts the logs and makes the main method of exploit not work any more.


    I know one of the programs (that shows killer perks, what survivors are doing, etc.) was already patched out. I think (and hope) the mid-chapter update will get rid of this issue entirely.


    IMHO it's gamebreaking because if someone knows who the killer is they can fine-tune a counter-build, every time. Doctor? Calm Spirit. Spirit? Iron Will and Lightweight. Ghostface? Spine Chill. Plague? No Mither and Resilience. Trapper? Small Game and Slippery Meat. Hillbilly and Huntress? Use an indoor map offering. Clown? Red Forest Offering. Hag? Small game, Urban Evasion, and flashlight. Freddy? Small Game (Shows fake pallets) OoO, and replace BT with a different second-chance perk. It's stupid and Rank 1 SWF Survivor Team Six SWAT teams are using it.

  • @Toybasher said:

    I have heard reports on a certain website (I'm not a cheater, I swear my life on it. I do eavesdrop every now and then to see what's going around and if/when anti-cheat is doing its job) that the current PTB actually encrypts the logs and makes the main method of exploit not work any more.

    I know one of the programs (that shows killer perks, what survivors are doing, etc.) was already patched out. I think (and hope) the mid-chapter update will get rid of this issue entirely.

    IMHO it's gamebreaking because if someone knows who the killer is they can fine-tune a counter-build, every time. Doctor? Calm Spirit. Spirit? Iron Will and Lightweight. Ghostface? Spine Chill. Plague? No Mither and Resilience. Trapper? Small Game and Slippery Meat. Hillbilly and Huntress? Use an indoor map offering. Clown? Red Forest Offering. Hag? Small game, Urban Evasion, and flashlight. Freddy? Small Game (Shows fake pallets) OoO, and replace BT with a different second-chance perk. It's stupid and Rank 1 SWF Survivor Team Six SWAT teams are using it.

    if there is a specific notation that they did this, then fine i'm ok with locking in a killer. but till there is DEFINITE word of a fix nope i'm not playing till there is definitive word that it is done. honestly I've been on the dev's side in the killer vs survivor debate. this has removed that, the devs are definitely gone survivor only without specifically addressing the fix to know who the killer is in missivies AND patch notes. perhaps even a here is what you will see when you open the log file. not the key to the encryption. I still say once the lobby is full and killer assigned (everyone thrown together) just start the damn match.