I have a question about the killer based MMR

Or how if you queue as a killer you are bad as, you will face survivors of the same level



On day 1 of midchapter, how is this gonna work exactly?

Comments

  • it's probably like Tekken ranking. The MMR range goes from, let's say, -100 to 100. You start at 0. Winning matches gains MMR points, losing matches loses MMR points.

  • It will be interesting to know how it works with SWF. Say you have 2 exceptional survivors, 1 good survivor and 1 mediocre survivor as part of a group.....what kind of killer do they get?

  • I'm afraid of the new mm. Something tells me it will be worse.

  • They didnt give too much detail on it yet and I guess they will never do as the common response to data is "this is all ****"

    That's also the reason why they don't release stats anymore because everyone had the perfect interpretation on everything by having not even a clue how the numbers were gathered and with which environmental conditions.

    Bensides that, I would also like to know how it works. Because as MMR is depending on a win/lose condition, I don't get how they will rate a match. The only win/loss condition we know or that ever was defined is escape/die or bigger/less 2k. And that is like the pipping condition before emblems, which was reworked because it did not reflect skill.


  • @ Antares2332 said:

    I'm afraid of the new mm. Something tells me it will be worse.

    I doubt it will be worse considering that matchmaking right now is sometimes nonexistent. I'm a constant red rank player and I'll get put with brand new people sometimes so any system that tries to match based on skill, even a really bad one will still be better then nothing at all. They should be able to tweak MMR settings a lot more then the current rank system as well so it can only get better in my opinion.

    If they do somehow make it worse I don't think it will be all that bad anyway. We're already only an inch above rock bottom so anything worse will be hardly noticeable. I'm hopefully optimistic about all this. Here's hoping it turns out well.