Tunnel after Tunnel after Tunnel after Tunnel

In about 5 games I played today I got tunneled in 4 of them. Why is this still possible?

Killer tunnel through even ds, they just find satisfaction in it I guess. Why does game mechanics allow that? The game existed for years and it's still a huge issue in most of the games I play.

I don't act toxic, I don't t-bag or run object. Yes, P3 Cheryl is ugly af, but is it a reason enough to tunnel?\

UPD

I see a simple fix: put hooked survivors on a random hook on a map where killer can't see them, same as with cages.

Any chance it can be looked at and tested? What do you guys think?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • image.png

    Please don't get personal and express your opinion\ideas on how to deal with the issue

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    People look ridiculous calling each other "genrushers" and "tunnelers". Both are things that everyone has the right to do and it is a style of play to make the objective of each one.

    #NO MORE HATE BETWEEN GENRUSHERS AND TUNNELERS, PEACE PLEASE.

    You're right, you're absolutely right.

    But.....when a simple perk like DS comes into the mix, who gets upset? The gen rusher or the tunneler?

  • @Mandy said:

    Please try to keep this discussion on topic and civil and lay off the insults towards each other - if you are unable to do that, then move along to another discussion!

    or close it idk, people are just here crying about ds

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461691#Comment_1461691

    Let's see, what prevents Gen Rushing.

    1. Corrupt Intervention.
    2. Pop Goes The Weasel.
    3. Surge.
    4. Ruin.
    5. Thrilling Tremors.
    6. Overcharge.
    7. Discordance (Somewhat)
    8. Dying Light.

    What prevents a killer from tunneling?

    Let's see...

    1. Decisive Strike.
    2. Maybe Borrowed Time.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    If you use your anti-gen rushing perks and still managed to get gen rushed, then the issue isn't the survivor. The issue lies in your skill as a effective killer. Survivors have barely, laughably 2 perks to counter a tunnel while killers get a plethora of perks to use to counter gen rushing.

    I'm not saying Gen Rushing doesn't exist, I'm saying killers are given a lot more perks to counter a survivor's objective.

    Woah did this guy just claim DYING LIGHT prevents gen rushing? Ahahhaha, this guyyyy.

  • @RedditUser69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461748#Comment_1461748

    Woah did this guy just claim DYING LIGHT prevents gen rushing? Ahahhaha, this guyyyy.

    it does, use it on legion with thana and pgtw

  • @RedditUser69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461748#Comment_1461748

    Woah did this guy just claim DYING LIGHT prevents gen rushing? Ahahhaha, this guyyyy.

    If it doesn't, why is it used in synergy with Freddy?

    Have you heard of 2020's version of Forever Freddy?

    Jump Rope, Swing Chains, Dying Light, Thanataphobia, BBQ and Pop.

  • @RedditUser69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461748#Comment_1461748

    Woah did this guy just claim DYING LIGHT prevents gen rushing? Ahahhaha, this guyyyy.

    Yep.

  • The issue is that survivors call tunneling for everything now. Well its always been this way but what you see as tunneling might not even be the killers fault. Well in my case, if im not in a chase when you get unhooked you bet im going back to the hook to where two known survivors are. If your teammate doesnt wanna take the hit for you after unhooking you, message them when you die not the killer. If you guys want to stick around and heal under the hook, fine, youll get punished hard by my playstyle, but stop calling tunneling bad. Its usually your team mates fault or your own.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461885#Comment_1461885

    If it doesn't, why is it used in synergy with Freddy?

    Have you heard of 2020's version of Forever Freddy?

    Jump Rope, Swing Chains, Dying Light, Thanataphobia, BBQ and Pop.

    Dying Light is a win more perk which helps you continue winning. It works with those other slowdowns because they slow the game down so much it allows you to start getting stacks on your Dying Light, pushing it even further over the top.

    Forever Freddy either wins at the start and just steamrolls the game or he catches you on a three gen and makes it impossible for you to close out the game. That's not at all a gen rush perk.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461790#Comment_1461790

    I don't recommend this game at all to friends because of the camping and tunneling.

    It's not fun, it's not engaging, it's a waste of time. (being camped and tunneled)

    the exact same reason why my friend left.

    Devs expect new survivors to perfectly know how to counter camping... That's the reason why a lot of rank 20 survivor leave this game, killer is waaaay better in low ranks

  • I never run DS personally as a survivor but for eg tonight out of the 5 games I played tonight I was tunneled from the hook in 3 of those games.

    I won't run DS it's just how I am and do I get mad? no! I just move onto the next game and hope for better games.

    My problem only with DS as a killer that I promise you I go out of my way not to tunnel. I sometimes get fast momentum to the point of where I am hit with DS.

    I feel very disheartened when it happens I pride myself in trying to provide a fair game with the mentality of what I would like to be treated game style.

    But yet I still get will be effected by DS just because of momentum not tunneling.

    That's my only issue with it personally.

    🐷💖

  • @icareaboutstories said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461768#Comment_1461768

    If it's not an anti tunnel perk, what is it meant for then? I think that a question we should ask ourselves, what is the point of ds? Since as it currently stands, if a survivor gets unhooked and is picked up for any reason with in 60 seconds, they stun the killer and get a chance to lengthen a chase. Since it seems unlikely the perk has no reason to exist or there is no logic or reasoning behind it's design. Since there has to be some reason it exist.

    @icareaboutstories

    I didn't say it wasn't an anti-tunnel perk, I said it isn't strictly an anti-tunnel perk. Because as a dev stated before, that is something part of this community came up with and for some reason desperately want it to be.

    The perk derives it's concept from Laurie's lore where she stabs Michael Myers as seen in:

    Untitled Image


    The reason I point that out is because people think that this perk was created for tunneling purposes. It was essentially nerfed from it's original form and given a 1 hook condition in an attempt at preventing (or at least slowing down) tunneling which for the most part has worked. However, that doesn't mean it's a perk only meant for tunneling abusers, it is also a perk that in the right situations you can escape the killer's grasp, or if it's in the killer's favor can deny it from you using it. That concept has not changed.

    It is far more balanced than it was, even though it's funny that many on here would rather have this back:

    Untitled Image


    So essentially when you say "Any reason" it is suggesting that it means the killer didn't do anything "wrong". Well, many things work like that in the game. You have someone throwing down pallet after pallet, killer goes for someone else and their Spirit Fury is up. If that survivor for "any reason" decides to throw down the pallet to stun the killer they'll go down. I am not comparing DS to SF , I am simply emphasizing the fact that many things work like that.

    Survivors in this game don't have guns or weapons, so this is as close as we will get to an offensive move and protecting themselves from a player who clearly has their eyes set on them.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461822#Comment_1461822

    They slug when it's the last gen to gain momentum.

    They slug when it will ensure their 4k.

    But when it comes to slugging to prevent DS, they ignore it, get stunned, then proceed to make a thread on the forums on how DS is an overpowered perk and they couldn't get their 4k.

    Then they proceed to give us these made up scenarios that they, themselves cannot prove that happens to them and expect the forum users to sympathize.

    It's a joke.

    ds becomes annoying in combination with other second chance perks and sometimes you will eat a ds even though you dont tunnel

    also btw run ds with unbreakable and it has no counters

  • Killers always complain about perks like Decisive Strike or Borrowed Time...every time, every day, everywhere...but they forget one important thing: They are the only reason that these perks even exist.

    @Peepo Yes...hooks should definitely get the "cage treatment"

  • For tunneling, why not make it to where the player who uses DS successfully awards no points for being hooked if the killer eats the DS and keeps their eyes set on that survivor? Not only does this discourage tunneling, it promotes the killer to go after a different survivor. Once another survivor has been hooked, the DS survivor can now be hooked for the full amount of points as usual.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461691#Comment_1461691

    Let's see, what prevents Gen Rushing.

    1. Corrupt Intervention.
    2. Pop Goes The Weasel.
    3. Surge.
    4. Ruin.
    5. Thrilling Tremors.
    6. Overcharge.
    7. Discordance (Somewhat)
    8. Dying Light.

    What prevents a killer from tunneling?

    Let's see...

    1. Decisive Strike.
    2. Maybe Borrowed Time.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    If you use your anti-gen rushing perks and still managed to get gen rushed, then the issue isn't the survivor. The issue lies in your skill as a effective killer. Survivors have barely, laughably 2 perks to counter a tunnel while killers get a plethora of perks to use to counter gen rushing.

    I'm not saying Gen Rushing doesn't exist, I'm saying killers are given a lot more perks to counter a survivor's objective.

    First of all, my original post still stands. Second of all, how about you ignore perks for a second, which is more powerful, tunneling or gen-rushing?

  • This is the FOURTH thread withing a week that has derailed to nothingness. The whole forum is truly starting to become a joke. (also, wow, the killer stereotyping is REAL in this thread)

1 2 ›