Maining Hillbilly Until Nerf
Hey all - I’ve decided to spend the next week or so maining Hillbilly until his nerf. I forgotten how much fun he is to play as I’ve been prestiging as many other killers as possible. Part of my self imposed challenge with maining him was refusing to use charge and cooldown add ons as ‘prep’ for him losing them and find I still do rather well even those were obviously the preferred and stronger add ons.
I have also surprisingly come to love shadowborn on him. I know when I watch YouTube clips, not many players seem to use this and I do wonder if I’m handicapping myself a perk slot. I decided on it to help with 360ing survivors so they cannot hide on my ‘hip’ while I charge up.
Anyways anyone think he won’t be so bad on release? How many plays will no longer be possible that we’ve gotten used to and learned.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t7-mjDRUqF4
Comments
Have fun while you still can my friend... :(
As for the nerfs, I don't think they're gonna do that much to him, he will still be good when compared to other killers, but that doesn't mean people are going to actually WANT to play him. He's just kinda lame now, and it's made a lot of people quit playing Billy once these changes come out. Not because "hurrr killer now bad because nerf" but because it's boring as hell to have to babysit an overheat bar whilst using your chainsaw. Same argument could be made for nurse. I don't personally mind the new charge mechanic on her but I can definitely see how it's a lot less fun and more restrictive for a lot of people.
Another example, pyramid head is a pretty great killer all round, but does it mean he's fun to play? His locked camera turning while using his power feels clunky as hell, making it nearly Impossible to use your power to hit people through walls etc (because that would actually be fun, both playing as and against...) Instead you're using it to hold M2 through pallets and zoning survivors until they get locked in an animation or you're close enough to just M1. Not very fun or engaging if you ask me.
same, anyways im still going to play my billy boy after the nerf
I think I could deal with the overheat function if the add ons weren’t similarly terrible. Anything worth running has a penalty tacked on. It’s why players disliked old Nurse’s add ons. Nothing just does good things.
Less likely to hit a wall? Can’t turn.
Go slightly faster (nerfed the engraving speeds)? Same slowdown on charge time.
Yellow charge time addon becomes purple? Huntress movement speed (laughably bad).
Increased turning? Hit a wall and your chase is over.
A lowly iridescent addon that makes the killer not instadown. Laughable.
The flashlight addons are an idea. I’d prefer action speed boosts in addition to a movement speed buff. Otherwise it doesn’t do anything really.
Here were the proposed add ons.
They made sure to bork him in the previous updates to prevent this. He's unplayable.
Yeah, new billy just isnt a fun killer to play, and i dont mean easy to kill with. I mean boring. I cant run around and screw around like survivors can to have fun. Every match is tryhard city