Pig Add-On Rework
I don't think the Pig needs a full on rework to become better. She just needs a few Quality of life changes and she will be good.
For the Reverse Bear Traps:
Like Making the RBT trigger consistantly f a gen goes off. I have had a few times where a gen completes as i hook a survivor with a RBT and it doesn't activate.
For he ambush: Remove the slight "Shing" noise she makes when she starts to crouch from the survivor's perspective.
Then her add-Ons:
With it add:
Slightly increases Skill Check Failure Penalty.
The following 3 browns i think are fine:
---------------------------
I think this one is good. I sometimes use it when i have nothing better and i find it decent.
Ok, this is one of the first very questionable addons. Bleeding isn't really used by newer and sometimes even novice Killers to track survivors and making bleeding more prominent doesn't help in that aspect. Instead, I would rather have it be the following:
Survivors with a Reverse Bear Trap attached have a Slight penalty (5%) to their Repair, Healing, and Sabotage speed.
It should take longer to do things while being constantly cut up by small blades on their face.
Honestly these Status addons are annoying to me,they just seem like a easy way to fill the perk quota.
The problem with this addon is that at higher ranks, nobody fails a skill check. So i think this should make the skill checks harder and more frequent.
- Moderately increases Jigsaw Box Skill Check trigger odds (5%) with success zones reduced by 10 %
To be honest, this addon is basically a must have. You can never go wrong with more Reverse bear traps.
Replace Blindness with Oblivious and this perk will become very good.
This one is good. It stops Exhausted perks like Dead Hart, Sprint Burst, Balanced Landing, etc while the trap is on their heads. I don't think it needs to change.
Another Status Addon, They really love these don't they. This perk shouldn't even exist imo, It is just useless.
If we want to be really creative with a effect that relates to healing, replace the old effect with the following version:
If a Healthy survivor with a Reverse Bear trap is injured. Apply the Deep-Wound Status Effect to them.
Why is the part about increasing the Reverse Bear Trap Timer even there? As if 2 minutes and 30 seconds isn't long enough.
Rather just delete that entire part and make this addon add one extra Jigsaw Box on the map. I will say what will happen to Jigsaw's Sketch when i get to it later.
Again, this perk is not a problem to very skilled survivors, rather buff it like Razor Wires and make the effect the following:
- Tremendously increases the Regression penalty of failed Skill Checks on Jigsaw Boxes.
- Tremendously increases Jigsaw Box Skill Check trigger odds (10 %) with success zones reduced by 30 %
This one is just meh. I know the game is very much about time efficiency but the time it takes to put on a RBT is already 3 seconds. Does it really need to be faster? But i think it is fine for now but i'm still very on the fence with this one.
Personally, i really like this one. I think it's fine.
I would make it place 2 empty Jigsaw Boxes on the map instead of one. To make the search times longer.
The same logic of Bag of Gears would apply to this one. Does good in what it is suppose to do, i just don't like the faster setting time.
This one has a bit of a flaw i want to fix:
- Gain a notification when a Survivor starts interacting with a Jigsaw Box.
- Auras of Survivors after they removed their Reverse Bear Trap are revealed to The Pig for 6 seconds.
- Disables The Pig's ability to see the Auras of Jigsaw Boxes.
This would make it a much better intel addon.
First of the Ultra-Rares. I think this one is very good. Some people even ask for it to become basekit, but i'm not sure about that.
For now, i think it is good the way it is.
Personally I don't much like this addon. It basically allows you to only have to focus on your ambush ability while kind of ignoring your RBT ability which i don't like. Personally, i would make it reduce the number of boxes by 1 and the number of RBT on you by 2.
What does the community think about these changes?
Comments
I would like to know why exactly did you create 2 posts
But I do really like the changes! This could make her addons great overall. I’d like to see someone do this for demo as well
I might have double clicked. It wasn't on purpose but my browser did freeze a moment when i submitted the post.
And i may do demodoggo tomorrow or later today if you want.
Looks good to me (as a Pig player myself)
Thank you
Looks similar to my list.
I think that the biggest thing for Pig overall is to just make the box skill checks WAY harder.
I think the Pig could do with reverse skillchecks
And a meme addon would be a Instant RBT kill "if" the wrong box is searched
The pig needs predictability for killer in terms of her traps.
Adding two Jigsaw Boxes without changing tampered timer would be overkill, imo. RBT are meant to stall the game, not to get consistant head pops. So if you want to remove the increased timer with the Jigsaw Plan addon, you should seriously add it to the Sketch addon, otherwise it will be extremely unfair, esp. with a scummy pig player.
The change with Amandas secret would incenitve chasing / interreupting trapped survivors, which shouldn't be enforced. Thats already a very unfun aspect of facing Amanda, since many killers play pig this way instead of relying on their traps for the stall potential.
Otz made a very nice video explaining and rating the addons for every killer, maybe you could check it out (my link starts with pig):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbCn3Tj_M74&t=12035sFor killer as in the person playing her? Or for the survivors trying to remove the traps?
Either way, I don't like that idea. Part of what makes her traps such a threat is not knowing which box has the key. Some days it does suck as the Pig player to have them get it first time, but there are other games where everyone takes 3-4 boxes to find theirs. Part of that random element is the same as loading into a game against either potatoes or looping gods.
I've recently got head pops using the increased # of boxes
Which I was surprised to see... also the common first box removal
Having 6 boxes on the map is funny to look at too
I don't really have a problem with her add-ons, but reworking an uncommon/rare one to remove her roar would be a fun and fair adjustment.