Making pipping easier for killer

a 3k with 1 gold and the rest silver should be a pip not barely a safety

Comments

  • If you got a 3k with only a single gold, it was probably a pretty short game. You got an end-game screen we can see to get a clue over the game itself?

  • 20200717030849_1.jpg

    the game prior i was deathslinger and 4kd, no pip.

  • You need to hook more. If a survivor gen rush he don't pip either. It's your own fault if you do fast match

  • The emblem system should just be removed, with the amount of disproportion to the ranking system that exists ie; going against people 2 - 3 rank sets lower then you there should just be a elo factor or something like that,

  • i hooked one 3 times, not my fault they gen rushed, the match was literally about 4 minutes and i couldnt even use the chainsaw to close the distance between gens. i hooked everyone once then they started trying to be funny dropping hooks in front of me while i was carrying someone, they literally defined the way the game was going to be played.

  • Doesn't matter anyways? Green ranks get paired with Red. So the moment you hit Green you're basically Red.

  • except that doesn't mean you have the playtime or even perks suited to go against red ranks

  • @timbologna said:

    The emblem system should just be removed, with the amount of disproportion to the ranking system that exists ie; going against people 2 - 3 rank sets lower then you there should just be a elo factor or something like that,

    If you haven't heard, they are working on an MMR system and the emblem system will probably become meaningless. So don't worry about pipping, it doesn't really matter.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/172761/making-pipping-easier-for-killer

    I mean what else did you do to pressure the survivors and earn those kills?

    IMO pipping is pretty straight forward and easy (and I play Plague as one of my mains btw).

    Perform well against good survivors, earn a pip. Don’t perform well despite a kill here and there, don’t pip.

    The emblems DO tell you what you need to be doing to earn bronze, silver, gold, and iridescent, and highlight WHY you maybe didn’t get the gold or iridescent you were expecting.

    i disagree if the devs state they balance for 2k/2e then killing 3 should pip. but like people have stated the pip system is broken, for these very scenarios, hopefully the next system evaluates skill better

  • I disagree, I can barely stop pipping every game. And I play with Beast of Prey, DIstressing and BBQ in every match and without addons.

  • @Koukdw said:

    You need to hook more. If a survivor gen rush he don't pip either. It's your own fault if you do fast match

    LOL his fault huh? More like survivors fault for making games like this go by so fast you have no other choice but to one hook or slug. Yet I bet those survivors pipped.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/172761/making-pipping-easier-for-killer

    I mean what else did you do to pressure the survivors and earn those kills?

    IMO pipping is pretty straight forward and easy (and I play Plague as one of my mains btw).

    Perform well against good survivors, earn a pip. Don’t perform well despite a kill here and there, don’t pip.

    The emblems DO tell you what you need to be doing to earn bronze, silver, gold, and iridescent, and highlight WHY you maybe didn’t get the gold or iridescent you were expecting.

    I'm sorry if I didn't have the luxury of enough time to hook all 4 3 times, it rarely works out that way.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1452454#Comment_1452454

    You misunderstand what they meant by that.

    2k/2 escape average is exactly that: a mathematical average summed across the TOTAL matches played.

    i dont misunderstand anything.... they balance to have 2k/2e. 3k should pip

  • The Emblem system needs an overhaul.

  • I play a slow killer (deathslinger) so after i go back to gens when hooking it takes a while to get where i need to, he's a chase orientated killer so I have to win chases quickly while still taking long enough to get points, then stroll my way to a hook, then stroll my way to the gen closest, which by then the survivor is usually unhooked so i just kick the gen and go back to follow scratch marks.

  • and they dont balance for devout emblems they balance for 2k.2e.... we can argue all night the fact that 3k doesn't mean a pip when they balance for 2k/2e is why they are working on something else.